live view motion detect

Started by Royward, February 03, 2013, 03:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royward

Does the live view motion detect feature only take one photo, or does it reset automatically and take another next time there is a movement?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Royward

Sorry. Can't try it yet as I have a 7D and I have been waiting for the Magic Lantern software to be fully developed. The reason I would like to know the answer now, is that there are alternative solutions for motion detection e.g. Pocket Wizard. Unfortunately the alternatives are expensive and not as elegant.
  Let's say that I am curious about the ML's capabilities. :)

Ivarss

Quote from: Royward on February 03, 2013, 03:06:16 AM
Does the live view motion detect feature only take one photo, or does it reset automatically and take another next time there is a movement?

Tried it today on 60D and it continues to shoot by default setting after you pushed it on. Had around 5 minutes to try it before leaving but you should be able to change the settings to what you prefer! :)
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

Royward

g3gg0

btw - ML for 7D alpha is stable enough to try it.
not a single failure report as expected.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Smartie

I noticed it does trigger, shoot and reset, except the time it takes to reset can be a few seconds so you might miss something if it hapens multiple times over a short time.  But, I discovered also, the image review custom function is what causes most of the delay.  If you turn it off, the reset time reduces down to 1/2 second.  I would call it a feature, you could increase the reset time by setting the display to a longer time(2, 4, 8 sec) or maybe even forever using the 'hold' value.  Observed this on 5dmkii.