[DONE] Overlay the last frame taken for stop motion purposes

Started by screamer, February 01, 2013, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamer

Hi developers,
the subject already is quite self explanatory. Sometimes, when you shoot consecutive frame, for example in a stop motion animation or in an hyperlapse (timelapse with camera movements too), could be useful to see in overlay the last frame shooted, to alignment purposes. i don't know if it's already imagined before or not, or if it's possible to do it or not, i can imagine that could be difficult/impossible for ML to know the last image taken. but if it's possible should be very interesting some times
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

1%

scrax

Quote from: screamer on February 01, 2013, 11:53:16 PM
Hi developers,
the subject already is quite self explanatory. Sometimes, when you shoot consecutive frame, for example in a stop motion animation or in an hyperlapse (timelapse with camera movements too), could be useful to see in overlay the last frame shooted, to alignment purposes. i don't know if it's already imagined before or not, or if it's possible to do it or not, i can imagine that could be difficult/impossible for ML to know the last image taken. but if it's possible should be very interesting some times
I think we can it could be done if preview is on we have to just fake a Q press or not?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

mtfreestyler

Hi guys,

This is marked as done but I cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I have got the ghost image up but after taking one photo is doesn't change to the new one. Is there a trick?

screamer

hi mtfreestyler,
in the overlay menu you have to enable ghost image, and if you press q on it you have to select autoupdate to on.

and for the developers, thank you for this great feature, really useful. i've noticed that if i halfpress the shutter before ml finish to save the ghost, a false (corrupted?) ghost come instead of the correct one. but i don't know if it's avoidable, and anyway, it's not a big problem, just to know it ;))
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

mtfreestyler

Oh I guess it's not supported in the 7D 2nd Alpha release then because I just have off and on at the moment.

I'll just have to wait for another release