60D cant turn on

Started by AndyGandy, January 31, 2013, 06:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyGandy

After sucsessfull using NL about one day (video and pics) I cant turn my camera on anymore.
ML is still on the card. When I insert the battery into the camera the led starts blink immediately even when camera off.
Turning camera on does nothing. No clicks no display. Nothing. Just blinking led.
When I put the sd card out camera looks like the brick. It does nothing at all. I tried various modes on the dial but nothing happens.
When I se the SD card and another battery led blinks only twice and nothing happens.
I downloaded the blinker bin-file to the SD card and insert it into the camera. It starts to blink faster.
What can I do? Help!

a1ex

Can you run tool #3 - startup log?

If it still blinks, I'm afraid the ROM checksum is incorrect (something went wrong). I can try to diagnose and attempt to reflash it.

AndyGandy

AndyGandy

AndyGandy

Should I place it on the card deleting my old bin file?

AndyGandy

Still blinks and nothing happens after tool #3.

AndyGandy

No new files on my flash card. No logs.

a1ex

Alright, we'll diagnose it on chat in 2-3 hours.

AndyGandy

AndyGandy

We are spended about a 3 hours with Alex trying to ressurect my canon 60d.
I wish to thank Alex for the excellent and expirienced help! We are tried many ways to help my camera alive but it died anyways. :(

Dixiekurtz

This happened to me, try a new card with the current canon 60D firmware loaded on it from canon, then it should turn on. From there you can reload ML.