Modify EXIF Data through USB

Started by jamesm33, January 29, 2013, 05:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesm33

Hi,

I'm thinking on sending information to the camera like comments or more interesting info to EXIF before taking a Picture. For instance, when you select the Author in the camera menu, the camera "prints" into the EXIF data of the picture all the info of the camera and its author.
I would like to do something similar but with a keyboard and in a longer string.
Is it possible? Could you give me some guidance to do it?

Sorry if this post is on the wrong place, I would apreciate to move it where it belongs, I'm a newbie here.

Thanks,

James.

coutts

if someone knows how to make the camera read QR codes, they support up to 4000 characters, not sure where to even start with that though.

jamesm33

What i need is to insert information into the picture before its taken.
Like changing the Author in the Menu all the time, but with a keyboard and with Comments into the EXIF Data.

Indy

that would be enable a paying feature (7d Studio version VS normal 7d) and this could make Canon not happy...
Quote from: coutts on January 30, 2013, 05:23:27 AM
if someone knows how to make the camera read QR codes, they support up to 4000 characters, not sure where to even start with that though.

nanomad

Even the 1100D has the studio mode inside, altough I never bothered checking it
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

scrax

It's not a QR code scanner incamera, it uses external bluetooth devices to scan normal barcodes or also 2D barcodes:
QuoteThe following Barcode Scanners are compatible; Honeywell 3800, Honeywell 3820, for scanning via bluetooth and Honeywell 4600, for scanning 1D and 2D barcodes
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

jamesm33

How could it be possible to add this feature in any Canon with ML?
I need something that helps me send information to the EXIF.