Gradual exposure for 5DM2?

Started by ch_d, January 22, 2013, 09:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch_d

Hey.
Will the feature "Gradual Exposure" be available for the 5DM2 (((or the 600D - it´s my second dslr)))?

Thanx, Chris
5D MII

Malcolm Debono

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

ch_d

hey.
thank you.
is it already usable?
5D MII

Malcolm Debono

It's usable, however I wouldn't recommend using it for important / paid work since it hasn't been thoroughly tested (unlike stable versions).
C100 & 6D shooter

ch_d

Thank you!
It is just for personal camera testings.
5D MII

ch_d

I don´t get it? What do i have to set up that this works? I enabled gradual exposure but nothing happens (for example from filming indoor and out of the window)

i have the 5DMII and manual lenses ... is this gradual expsure just for the apertur?
5D MII

Malcolm Debono

Gradual exposure adjusts whatever value you're changing smoothly, including ISO and aperture. Try using it with exposure preset (reverting to saved exposure settings with the press of a button) and you'll see it in action  ;)
C100 & 6D shooter

ch_d

thank you.
this means i have to adjust something while shooting?
for example shooting indoor with iso 640 and tilt to a window and press the iso button to go to iso 160?
5D MII

scrax

Quote from: ch_d on January 24, 2013, 12:29:24 AM
thank you.
this means i have to adjust something while shooting?
for example shooting indoor with iso 640 and tilt to a window and press the iso button to go to iso 160?
Before shooting set you exp value for indoor, then use the exposure preset feature (present in nightly) to save those setting by pressing SET or INFO (depends on how you enabled it in ML menu), now set exp value to what is needed for the window and press SET/INFO again to savev tose settings too and switch back to the first "indoor" values.
No with gradual exposure on record the indoor scene, when moving to the window press SET, your expo value will change to what is needed for the window and gradual exposure will make the change smooth instead of immediate.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-