5D MKII vs. 6D

Started by canonuser78, January 14, 2013, 07:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canonuser78

Dear all,
I am a new member but in the same time an old Canon owner.I am thinking of an upgrade and these days I've read and watched some reviews, pro and cons, etc about Canon products and specially the battle between 5D Mk2 vs.6D.

In your oppinions which one is better ? In shooting photos mode 6D appeals more to me , seems to work better but how about in Video mode ?
Not so sure about the freezing motion defect and overall in Video 6D vs. 5D MKII.

Poor ISO of the MKII in comparation with 6D can be a real problem or MKII have enough ISO value in order to handle low light conditions in movies/pictures ?
thank you,

scrax

I have sam questions as you.
Which one could be better?
I do almost only photo, and for video I can use the 600D, so I'll prefer the best in high ISO noise probably.
Actually also wifi seems nice to me if can be used with an android phone as a LiveView controller (with touchscreen like 650D).
Gps is a nice plus...
hum seems that I'm more for the 6D...
What has the 5DmkII better than 6D?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

canonuser78

:D, got it - but no offence , I thought that someone can give me some guide lines ...5D MKII vs. 6D in video shooting mode on most .I've read some oppinions pro/cons about these models but without arguments.

1%

Its about how much hassle you're willing to put up with vs what you're willing to spend.

6D has better ISO. Neither has crop video mode. 6D is faster and will record audio with the video too at higher rates without stopping.

Truthfully? Get 600D and throw the money into lenses and audio gear. Don't bother with 5dII. It has CF and full frame but getting kinda old. One other thing you will be missing on 6D is the audio monitoring as its not figured out yet.

Video quality will likely be the same. There should be no frozen frames with video from any of these cameras or you have some hardware defect. GH3 and BMCC have slightly better video at around the same price but you may be missing a few features from either and GH3 lenses are all going to need an adapter unless you buy brand.

canonuser78

1% thank you for you fast and complete answer.
The main reason of thinking about an upgrade it was the full frame sensor.

After that , I agree with you and I know that in some cases like T2i and 7D for example ,we have the same sensor ...so the image quality will be pretty the same.All we got if we buy a 7D it's just some new buttons and additional functions (more or less essentials).

I'm not looking for additional options (loke GPS, WI-FI etc) I just want to find an upgrate solution to a full-frame with decent photo/video abilities and I have (at least in canon range) only a few options 5D MK2, 5D MK3 (price too high) and the new 6D.Actually as I've put in the post title 5D MK2 vs. 6D :)

It's not a rush ,I will try to make a video shoot mode comparation between cameras with APS-C sensor like T2i, T3i (DIGIC 4) ,T4i (Digic 5) even D7 (Dual Digic4) and the 6D (Digic 5+) FF sensor in order to see how big is the difference.

BMCC look so great, I just saw some movie samples, but as far as I understand , you can't use it in photo mode (hope i'm not wrong).
Best wishes,

1%

Then your only choice for a full frame is 6D. Its pretty much 5d3 with no CF/Headphone/Smaller sensor... is it 5dII's sensor? Could be... need to see what other cameras had that MP rating.

coutts

Quote from: 1% on January 15, 2013, 12:00:21 AM
Then your only choice for a full frame is 6D. Its pretty much 5d3 with no CF/Headphone/Smaller sensor... is it 5dII's sensor? Could be... need to see what other cameras had that MP rating.
canon made a new sensor for the 6D