"World around me" - exercise for filmschool

Started by James2520, January 14, 2013, 12:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James2520

Created with Canon 550D/T2i. Everything in description :)
We had to make a short film entitled "World around me". It's more a location scout for my post apocalyptic movie which I'm willing to make this summer than a making sence piece of film, but here it is ;) And of course training with focusing, using lenses and grading.

Anton2707

i like it, nice work!
What name of this song?

James2520

canonuser78

Hey Anton, great reel :)
Can you tell us a few words about location ?
thanks,

James2520

Anton? :D:D I made it in two locations in Siedlce, Poland. The rectangular one is an old steel foundry (only office building, factory buildings are all destroyed). Now there is just a private paint shop, so I had to be careful cos you need to have a permission to be there. I made it to get inside through a small basement window, but couldn't get on the roof because on the second floor stairs were blocked by a dismantling crew. There are other stairs, but honestly I was scared of getting caught so I left. Whatever, second one is old locomotives storage. Actually it's only half of the building, another half is still being used. It's next to the primary school I used to go to, so I know that place since I was 11 :). At once there were three buildings. In the first one was even a canteen so we used to explore it and wonder how it looked while being used. It was the most interesting one. However it was destroyed and only two left. Yellow one and the one I made film in. In the yellow one there were steel round stairs allowing to walk around on the 11 metres height. Now I know we could easily die but it was fun :D. But now these stairs are destroyed not to let people get there. I love abandoned places so probably I will make more videos like this, going to more interesting places in these builidings. But this time I was alone and it's good to have someone with you ;) Gretings to all ML and Canon users :)

Anton2707

phunkyboy

James , I really like that. I think I will do the same.

Anton buy (dark side of the moon - Pink Floyd)  You wont regret it ,its a music masterpiece.

canonuser78

sorry guys , :D
the truth is ... the producer is not so important ,the movie is great :D
Jamer u're the one :D