Low Light Filming Problem

Started by BigG123, January 13, 2013, 07:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigG123

So I used the Magic Lantern firmware to film a few scenes in very low light. And on the camera it looks very good and actually visible, yet when i import the video, it makes it look as though I didn't even use the firmware. It is extermely dark and pretty much a black screen. So I figured there has to be a problem with the importing and firmware, but the thing is, when I watch it with Windows Media Player, it's dark (as without magic lantern) then i go to watch it in Quicktime and it looks as it does on camera. So I am very confused what exactly is going on. I figure it must have to do with the .mov files and the windows media player file compatiblity since .mov is primarily quicktime. But I have no clue how to resolve this. It even looks bad in the video editor i use.

Has anyone ever had this problem/ know how to resolve it?

P.S. I have a Canon T2i

Quicktime

Windows Media Player

phunkyboy

could it be the codecs ? . try it on vlc player as well ,cause VLC has most the codecs.

nanomad

Looks like a color space/gamma issue with the players. Pretty standard stuff if you ask me
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

This is tv levels vs canon 0-255 levels