Question about ML on the SD card

Started by MikeA57, January 12, 2013, 03:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeA57

I thought I had posted this last night before going to bed but I awoke this morning and could find no record of it.

I am a new ML devotee here and from what I can tell I love ML and this seems to be a very helpful place. I'm having an issue with ML working after I trade out SD cards in my t2i though. I set one card up with it and it works fine. But when I insert a different card, it doesn't work. I read FAQ article and also through the How ML Start(s) thread, but I still don't get it. From what I can tell, the ML files need to be on every SD card that you will be using, correct? I copied the files from the SD card that does work back to my PC, then onto another card and tried it but, nothing.

So, so far this seems to be a very cool tool and I'm wondering why Canon hides all this great stuff but it's not real useful if all I have is one SD card that I can get it to work on.

BTW, the card that works is a 32GB Transcend C10 card. I tried it on another identical Transcend card as well as a Patriot LX 32GB C10 card but could get neither to work. I first did Low Level formats on both of those cards before copying the ML files onto them.

Thanks for your assistance!

MikeA57

I'm thinking that the issue I have is that maybe the cards that don't work aren't bootable and I need to run them through EOSCARD to enable that. But why did the first card work fine? I didn't run it through EOSCARD. All I did was copy the files onto the card, stick it in the camera, run the firmware update and it worked.

MikeA57

OK, I got it. I read the instructions again in the Wiki post (http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Unified/Install) and found the part about enabling multiple cards. I was not running the firmware update for the additional cards and this was not setting the Bootflag. All 3 cards now run ML fine.