Ice at night

Started by SDX, January 11, 2013, 08:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDX

The following series of pictures was shot in the night between the 28.12 and 29.12. It was quite cold here and I just got a new flash - so I though I had to try something cool. As you might notice, I used several flashes with colour filters and sometimes long exposure times in combination with LED lights. I had to stop after a few hours since I didn't bring extra batteries for the flashes and the camera - and because I couldn't really control the camera anymore since my fingers were almost frozen to death. At least that was how it felt like.

You can check out the entire set on flickr.
Now - one thing I want to add:
This would not have been possible without ML. Thanks to the display gain function it was quite easy for me to frame and focus the shots even though it was completely dark and the LED light was not very strong.

deleted.account.01

Quote from: SDX on January 11, 2013, 08:11:09 PM

This would not have been possible without ML. Thanks to the display gain function it was quite easy for me to frame and focus the shots even though it was completely dark and the LED light was not very strong.

:O lol ,,, nice one ..realy cool stuff...ice looks like surfaceofsoem planet ... i still have idea of time laps of frezzen water... from liquid to ice.. but idont havefrost inthis country :// and im to big  for jump in side freazer with camera :/ ..so maybe ucan shot it ? this will looks soo wow

realy realy cool photos.. and i got same stuff aboute gain + brightnes up...its so power full and use full ..i use it some 90% times when i shoting.at night mostly.

1%

These would make great desktop backgrounds.