Sunset and stars timelepse

Started by nchant, January 06, 2013, 10:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nchant

Combination of 2 different shoots to get this result :)

urbanite

deleted.account.01

nice cosmos .. how far from nearest city u was when u shot stars ?

nchant

Quote from: MzytengaM on January 07, 2013, 07:47:57 PM
nice cosmos .. how far from nearest city u was when u shot stars ?

Thanks guys :)

We were situated 38kms (23.6miles) as the bird flies from the city center? Aiming south east, the city was to the west.
Here's a still from the animation, there's a map on the right of where we shot :)

To wish upon a star :) by Mikey Mack, on Flickr

deleted.account.01

34 kmm its cool :) .. in past i was spend hungreds of hours in deep cold forests in my country telecope and my zenith camera..in winter is most clean sky ,, none hot air disturbrances ..  now i shoting stars from almost city center what is like shoting portrait for some one but from under water.. still cool..but auras of lights from ground pissing me off... and changes in temperature ... ok its possible but ,,,  i planing tripp to http://www.lundyisland.co.uk/ what like i found out can be little expensie ..

but my top  problem now its tripod..its one piss of plastic..i need something like tripod from telescope ..on this one  igot i have shacking ..someone will say it ok andit not affecting photo ..but i like to zoom photos and look on them in 100% so i see there my tripod move + my shot..

edit :

ushot more meteors than i shot in meteor shower night :DD

nchant

Haha yeah, I wasn't even trying to get meteors that night either and still got more than the night of the Geminid meteors!

Lundy Island looks like a good spot! How far from home is that?

I only have a cheap tripod too, but for the last 2 scenes of that timelapse I didn't have it with me - left it in the car... Used driftwood to balance the camera haha

deleted.account.01

im from that place now around 200 km in stright line..

i got some shots  from gemini nights ;) . but i dont thing they good enought  for showing them ;/ //

driftwood xD ..nice i use once my lighter for keep tripod not moving down .( i was have blocked all `hands` and still lame plastic make some moves even was all blocked )