5d3/6D IVA Params Hacking. The new BR control on FF digic V.

Started by 1%, January 06, 2013, 07:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

te'
  [E] failed to link modules
Unloading modules...

Then

tcc: error: undefined symbol 'Packmem_PopEDmacForMemorySuite'
  [E] failed to link modules

1%

I guess g3gg0 forgot to rename the stub in main. I fixed it on 6D first time I saw it... will have to make it again.

BTW magic.sym is a text file... I think you could probably rename it if you don't want to wait.

Audionut

Cheers 1%, I'll take a look at getting it working myself.

1%

G3ggo made a new recorder today. Have to fix it for 6D and then I can roll out new bins for both. I have 2 more stubs to find on 6D.

driftwood

Guys where can I find your last h264 configs for MKIII before you moved over to RAW?

Also looking at a recent bitrate-6d.c

Can you refine/ fill in the missing '?' MKIII's video_modes;-

video_mode[0] = ?
video_mode[1] = mode/size ?
video_mode[2] =FPS
video_mode[3] = GOP settings
video_mode[4]= ?
video_mode[5] = Ref frames (M=Header) How many max ref frames? (eg 2 ?)

Canon 60D, Canon 5DMK3, Lexar 1000x 128GB CF, Panasonic (shhhh!) GH2s & GH3s. :-)

1%

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/H264inis.zip

/*    30I  30IPB   24I 24IPB 60I 60IPB 30IPB
0 -    0 0 0   0 0 0
1 -    0    0 0 0   1 1 2   Mode/Size
2 -    1e   1e 18 18   3C 3C 1e FPS
3 -    1 f 1 c   1 f f GOP
4 -    0 0 0 0   0 0 0
5 -    1 3 1 3   1 3 3 Ref Frames (M= in Header)
*/

0 and 4 are 0 so ????

driftwood

Canon 60D, Canon 5DMK3, Lexar 1000x 128GB CF, Panasonic (shhhh!) GH2s & GH3s. :-)

1%

Da?

I guess best way would be to find what is linked to the missing values in FW.

driftwood

1% Have you made a provision yet for entering matrix values for the 4x4s/and two 8x8s once switched on?

1%

I had a problem with those.. the video would come out black. Only had success with forced 8x8 transforms but I don't know if that was better than letting it chose.

driftwood

slowly going thru all the history of testing ML h264 on mkIII and reading up on all the threads. Looks like a better look of the FW is needed.

asombrir

I am trying to get a grasp on the encoder/bitrate options for the 6D. Can someone help me a little. I read some on using CBR config select. What is the rate control config select? And on the autoload conf, I am lost on what to do. Left it on override, what does turning it on or off do? I ordered a VAF filter for my 6D so I want to know what I am doing with the encoder options before it gets here. I read what all I can find, but a lot the options for other camera models are not found (at least for me) on the current build. Sorry if these are relatively simple questions, any help much appreciated.

1%

Its pretty easy:

Config select - Choses which h264 ini to load
Autoload - load chosen config at startup (for convenience)

Override - override the init QP and target rate on either selected config or the default eeko encoder if no config is loaded.

Quoteut a lot the options for other camera models are not found (at least for me) on the current buil

Yep, they don't exist.

I just load the rate control and go with that since really hardcore rates + flush rate can drop frames as the encoder is overloaded. For the first time we can write faster than the IC can encode.

asombrir

Thanks you @1%, I had been wondering why those options were not available and felt like I did not understand the options there to choose from. I will try it again now.

asombrir

@1%, what are some of your preferred settings? I am specifically wondering how to best utilize the configure select and what bit rate numbers are actually the most successful with the 6D. I am using it some to try and understand, but for lack of being able to find any information I am specifically curious as to what settings you are using. Looking at boards for other camera models usually has me more confused trying to understand the details of what I am doing. I had been doing this. config:cbr fixed qp, autoload:override and then messed with various bit rate numbers. I did not realize then I might have been doing it properly (or closer than I had thought) a couple weeks back.

Once I understand all this I want to make a how to video so maybe it will help the next new 6D ML user. Learning to film in raw was no problem, now I want to learn what else I can do successfully with ML. Thank you for any help.

1%

I usually load the RC config as is in IPB mode 24fps.

For fixed QP I pick something like 10-15.

asombrir

Thanks again 1%, that helped me some as well. Been messing with it for the last two days just testing settings. Trying to decide if I want to shoot this gig tomorrow in raw or cranked bitrate. These new sandisk extremes are getting me a little better write with raw, The new 80mb ones, Had no trouble with writing the encoder settings.

asombrir

Well I ran all day for my gig using the encoder set on 15 bit rate, I stayed on the configure select: rate control and had it set on the IPB on the canon side. I had a couple small hiccups, but nothing major. One of my older sandisk extreme 40mb cards would not record at all on encoder (for some reason it was fine recording raw). But both of my newer 80mb sandisk cards did great on these settings. One of the 32g cards did the freeze once and no recording for a second. I shut it off and on and it was fine after. Overall it was nice and I am more than happy with the results. Thanks again for helping me get going on this.

manniac

I'm trying to get my 5D3 read the h264.ini file to increase bitrates on my mov files. (I do not want RAW. I need H264.)

Unfortunately there is little information on how this works. This thread seemed to be the only one that I found, but allthough I read through every single post and tried out different versions of h264.ini files, I could not get it to work. I put the file in ML/h264.ini and selected "Load h264.ini". I'm not sure if the file was actually loaded or if it is in the right place. I just don't know how to find out IF it was loaded...
I use the latest nightly build (19.09.2013)

Can anyone please tell me, what do I have to do to make the 5D3 record at a higher bitrate? Your help would be greatly appreciated! :)

manniac

1%

You can modify the 5DIII bitrate file... the paths were messed up when this came up for me or compile off my repo, its more advanced anyway. If you read from the beginning, 5DIII write > what the encoder can output for once.

manniac

Hey 1%!
Thanks for your answer!

I used the exact code of your first post and saved it in ML/h264.ini
I then recorded a 10s clip.
Next I loaded ML/H264.ini
Now I recorded a second 10s clip.

There were no differences in size or quality of the two files. Shouldn't the second file be bigger and have better quality?
I also tried changing the parameters, but none made a difference.

What am I doing wrong?

1%

Your not doing anything wrong, just config loading on 5DIII is broken, it tells you the name but never loads the file.

manniac

1%

I guess hard set the path:

ie
call("IVAParamMode", "A:/ML/cbr.ini");
A:/ CF
B:/ SD