Auto selection of IR-Remote and shutter activated self timer in Intervalometer

Started by sutobe, January 01, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sutobe

Is it possible that Magic Lantern recognizes the difference between the signal of an IR-remote control and the shutter button?

Because I was doing some intervalometer shots, the camera set to "10s self-timer / IR remote" because I wanted to start the intervalometer with my remote control.

When Intervalometer is off the camera instantly takes a picture as soon as I press the IR remote button, self timer starts when I use the camera shutter button.

With intervalometer on the self timer starts counting down and continues doing so with every further picture, no matter if I use IR remote or shutter button.

So can it be done that when the camera receives an IR signal that the self timer won't start when intervalometer is activated and that this value will be saved as long as intervalometer is running?  (to prevent the self timer from counting down before every picture?)

I hope someone understands what I mean, sorry for my english.

(Camera is a 550D)

Cheers
Canon EOS 550D / Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1:3,5-4,5 USM / Canon EF-S 18-55 mm 3.5-5.6 IS / Canon EF-S 55-250mm 4,0-5,6 IS II / Canon EF 50mm 1:1.8 II / Canon Speedlite 430EX II

nanomad

I'm quite sure that the IO chip makes the remote signal appear like a standard button press to ML (so it's not doable I suppose)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5