White Balance Bracketing

Started by travelingintime, December 29, 2012, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travelingintime

Not sure if this is even a feature that is necessary since there's a fair amount of white balance adjustment in post, BUT.... It would be nice to be able to do white balance bracketing in camera, similar to the functionality for hdr, only making adjustment in kelvins instead of EV steps.

Adjustment intervals of 500k or 1000k across X number of images.  No need to process the images together in camera, just output the individual images at the requested intervals.

Please let me know if I can clarify or if you have any questions about the request.

scrax

Isn't already in canon firmware?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

travelingintime

Quote from: scrax on December 29, 2012, 11:27:55 PM
Isn't already in canon firmware?

It is already in the canon firmware on my 60D, but limited to 3 images.  Like I said, it might not be a "new feature" there's any interest in, but thought it might be helpful for the astro/night photography crowd. 

If it's not worth development's time, or just plain silly :) , then please disregard. I was hoping it might just be a quick tweak to the existing hdr feature and figured it worthwhile to ask.