[DONE] Movie Logging missing D+ or Highlight Tone Priority

Started by 1ricca, December 31, 2012, 11:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1ricca

This should really be part of the log file as its own field or just by adding a + next to the ISO the same way Canon shows it.
It's VERY important to know whether it was on or off when doing tests and comparisons. EXTREMELY important!
The built-in canon info shows whether it was on or off when reviewing in the camera so it shouldn't be hard at all to add this.
This is just as important as showing which ISO you were on!
D+ changes the behavior and characteristics of every ISO setting as well as the dynamic range of the picture substantially.

This is only noticed so far on the 5dMkiii running Alpha 3 as it's the only one I have.

Michael Zöller

1ricca, please don't cross post the same message in different subforums. I've deleted the copy in "Bug Reports".
neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40

1ricca

Sure. I just didn't know which it really more pertained towards. Seemed like it might be a bug that it wasn't being written since the info is actually stored in vanilla canon firmware for D+ on/off. Thanks.

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

1ricca

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 13, 2013, 01:03:31 PM
alex added it.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/09029939593639df76ae3d1ef0fc27b45185dcbd

it will find its way in the next releases.

Awesome! :) I just remembered this. I noticed it still doesn't seem to be in the latest Satriani build on the 650D, I could be wrong.

a1ex

It probably doesn't detect the HTP setting; ask the guys to fix it.

1ricca

Quote from: a1ex on June 18, 2013, 03:10:30 PM
It probably doesn't detect the HTP setting; ask the guys to fix it.

Just double checked. Works perfect on the latest builds! Great job! I just posted a feature request about adding HTP to the actual ML exposure settings menu too here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6596.new#new

I feel it would be a huge help to a lot of people, especially with the recent progress in raw_rec.