Formatting Multiple CF Cards

Started by jasonlopez, December 29, 2012, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonlopez

Help.  I've tried using the advice on Best Practices to format multiple cards but it's not working.  I've copied the .exe file along with the ML Settings as well as a combination of many files.   Nothing works.   I'm using a Mac.   Hopefully I'm missing something very simple but nothing seems to work.

scrax

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

jasonlopez

Whoops, I meant autoexec.bin

Any idea?  Thanks!

Malcolm Debono

Can you post a screenshot of the root of your memory card?
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

jasonlopez

Hey Malcolm, thanks for the reply.  I have two issues now.  The first is not being able to format other cards with the files on this screen shot.  Second, from this card, I ML isn't working while filming.  Meaning, while not recording I can press the trash can and see all of the ML menus.  Many of them have red dots next to them.  Originally, when everything was working they were green.  The pic is the of the original card I used to install ML -  which did work for a period of time.   

Francis

On the screen with the red dots, read the red text at the bottom of the menu. You either need to enable Global Draw or you have to turn off the Canon overlays.

jasonlopez

Francis -  thanks!  It worked for my original card.  Now, if I can just solve the formatting  of other cards.  I've tried copying the ML files over to new cards and nothing is working.  I don't get it because the additional cards have the exact same files (or at least that's what I copied over) as the original card that's working.  Any ideas?  Thanks again Francis

scrax

EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

jasonlopez

Thanks Scrax but it seems I can only make a card bootable by the macboot which Mountain Lion won't let me install.  Do you know of another way?  Why is one card bootable and the others aren't?  I'm at a loss.  Thanks

scrax

Quote from: jasonlopez on December 31, 2012, 08:49:40 PM
Thanks Scrax but it seems I can only make a card bootable by the macboot which Mountain Lion won't let me install.  Do you know of another way?  Why is one card bootable and the others aren't?  I'm at a loss.  Thanks
There is a script for MountainLion in the page of MacBoot that should make it work. Or you can do the firmware update procedure (the one needed for the first card) also with the other card and after copy your settings from ML/SETTINGS folder of the first card onto the others