[Only Canon can do it] Support for Eye-Fi SD Cards

Started by marknie, December 28, 2012, 10:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marknie

It would be nice to see this work on Eye-Fi wireless SD Cards.

nanomad

ML?  It does although I'm not sure it works with all of them
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

scrax

Quote from: marknie on December 28, 2012, 10:53:34 PM
It would be nice to see this work on Eye-Fi wireless SD Cards.
ML not only works but also can detect when it's on an EyeFi card and will show a dedicated menu that permits (with a workaround) to transmit RAW files with any EyeFi (not only Pro).
I have it working on 600D with a Sandisk EyeFi (a special branded EyeFi for EU market, it's like a connect X2 but C4 instead of C6 looking at specs and lack of RAW support I suppose).

But there were/are some problems of compatibility between some camera models and some EyeFi models that are unsolved by Canon and EyeFi. On 600D and newer cameras they sem partially solved, but for example I can't upgrade original canon firmware with my EyeFi like i would with a normal SD card, that problem will make my EyeFi unusable for a first time installation on ML and so it also need do be made bootable from PC before being compatible with ML and Canon firmware.

So EyeFi support is working with some card and camera combinations
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Operator911

Works for me with my Canon 5D Mk II, Eye-Fi card and a $15 dollar CF to SD adapter I got off Amazon.com.

No hiccups at all with the install process.  I previously had ML working on a proper CF card.  Skipped the low level format of the Eye-fi in camera (wasn't sure if that would kill the eye-fi functionality), copied the files on to the card, and ran the firmware update in camera. Voila!

sandisk

Works for me too. Running the latest nightly build on my 5d2 with Eye-Fi pro x2 8gb card in a SD to CF adapter. Everything works beautifully.
Sold my Canon 5Dc. Now enjoying my 5D2 with liveview and Magic Lantern. INCREDIBLE !

dim

5d2 & ml night build (latest) eye-fi pro x2 16gb (dlock adapter), ml works fine but no wifi (& no dedicated menu) and when the card is not bootable (no ml) wifi works.... grrr >:(

Somebody has a solution?!

DjJuvan

Any luck on 5D Mark III 1.1.3 and Eye-fi ? I can't get it to work. Camera freezes if I insert Eye-fi from sandisk.

a1ex

It might be possible to find out why certain Eye-Fi cards are not working with ML, by following this procedure.

Warning: command-line skills needed.