Feature Dialog Tricks and Custom Modes (500D and 600D for now)

Started by scrax, December 27, 2012, 06:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

This is a little explanation about those two features added to the 500D and 600D

DIALOG TRICKS... (based on code from Greg)

From that menu you can enable more settings in photo dialogs opened by camera buttons like ISO and arrows.

ISO button:

When enabled will add Flash exp. comp. to ISO dialog (up or down arrow changes value), and toggle HTP with PLAY button;

WB up button:

When enabled will add Kelvin selection to WB dialog (up or down arrow changes value);

DriveMode left button:

When enabled will add MeteringMode to DriveMode dialog toggable with PLAY button and UP or DOWN arrows;

FocusMode right button:

When enabled will add Focus Pattern selection to FocusMode dialog.
PLAY changes central focus patterns;
UP/DOWN arrows changes vertical patterns;
scrollwheel changes horizontal patterns.

PicStyle down button:

When enabled will open another (user selectable) dialog instead of PicStyle dialog (shown with C-modes enabled);
Options are: Quality, Exp. Comp., Flash Exp. Comp., ALO, OFF (Pic Style)

TO DO:
1) Add focus pattern selection to Focus dialog
2) Make alternative PicStyle dialog selectable (like set button in C.Fn for example)
3) Add max ISO selection for AUTO mode in ISO dialog (with ZoomIn button).
4) Add UniWb to PLAY button when in WB Dialog (it will need to go to LV and back probably for it to work).
5) Add ALO/HTP toggle with PLAY button in ISO dialog added.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

CUSTOM MODES (based on mcm by gheja)
This function works in M,Av,Tv,P and movie mode. (Av and Tv will not be saved/restored when auto selected by camera)

If one of the 5 custom modes is selected in ML expo menu the function is enabled and will permit to save/load camera shooting settings.
They are saved on card in /ML/SETTINGS/C_MODE-x.CFG and they are restored if card is formatted with keep ML on.

• From the submenu is possible to save in or load from the selected custom mode various camera settings:
    ISO, Ae, Tv, WB, WBshift, Kelvin, Drive, Metering Mode, PicQuality, Alo setting, HTP and PicStyle
  • C-1 mode can be set to be loaded at camera startup.

When the function is active from PicStyle Dialog (or the one opened by down arrow, if it's changed with dialog options function) will be possible to select one of the five custom mode with the vertical arrows (UP - DOWN).
once selected the custom mode press PLAY to load it's settings (if any already saved) or LIVE-VIEW to save your setting to it.
Settings are saved in C_MODE-#.CFG file in ML/SETTINGS folder  (# is the number of the c mode). Formatting card with keep ML will restore c-modes too, erasing settings will keep c-modes untouched (maybe will add a delete c-mode option in the submenu)

TIPS: To quickly switch expo setting (ISO, Ae, Tv) from a custom mode to another once enabled Expo presets too:
1 load a C-mode,
2 press INFO or SET to save it's expo value,
3 load other C-mode,
Finished, now switch between them with INFO or SET

TO DO:
1) In PicStyle dialog INFO can not anymore be used for setting pic style (moved to Drive mode and changed buttons)
2) Add ALO/HTP, Quality, PicStyle, AF mode
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

scrax

I've made some improvement to the graphics and integration with the help of Greg and other devs.

Now Custom modes are loaded when pressing ZOOM-IN and saved when pressing LIVE-VIEW (this will avoid unwanted loads, SET was easily used for dismissing the screen like on other dialogs).

When Custom modes and Drive dialog are on PLAY button will toggle metering mode, up and down arrow will change C-mode.
If C modes are off up and down arrow will change metering mode.
If drive mode is set to continuous arrow will change shot number like usual (c-modes can't be changed in this case instead metering can be toggled with PLAY).

1%

Hopefully gets added to the tree soon along with info screen.

scrax

Im still refining things, waiting the add for submitting last changes (also working right now on the screen info, added HTP on and audio release like for 7D, screenshot updated in the other topic).

Greg

Drive Mode menu now uses less CPU?

The need still rounding the background ;)

scrax

Quote from: Greg on December 31, 2012, 11:33:53 PM
Drive Mode menu now uses less CPU?

The need still rounding the background ;)

Now it will not skip selected item, i'll add rounded corner, but not yet done since maybe things will go around again.
thinking about adding HTP/ALO toggle in ISO menu with PLAY button and set max ISO when it's on auto with zoom in.

scrax

I think that this is nearly finished, something could still be added but almost all the important feat are working, layout is constant across the dialogs, and AF pattern are really quick to change now.
I need to learn how to use canon numbers for C modes instead of my roman counter, and draw a play button icon since I didn't found it in ML code.

stevefal

Quote from: scrax on January 27, 2013, 02:44:29 PM
The new info icon is really better than before.
Can I ask if you have the time to think about a Custo-Modes icon for a feat. under development?
This is a screenshot of what I did so far (without bitmap only a circle cut with a square):

The icon is actually showing the III c-mode, they are 5 total.
C-1
C-2
C-3
C-4
C-5
for now I'm showing them with some bars
|   | |   | | |   |  |   |  |
|   | |   | | |            |
|   | |   | | |   |  |   |  |

more info about the feat here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4002.msg24532;topicseen#msg24532

Here's a crack:

Icons posted at http://popspring.com/mldrop/c_icons1.zip.
Steve Falcon

loicremy

I just tested today's build, but Ido not find   C-mode submenu in Expo menu ?

What did I miss ?

Best regards

Loïc

scrax

Quote from: loicremy on January 28, 2013, 12:54:04 PM
I just tested today's build, but Ido not find   C-mode submenu in Expo menu ?

What did I miss ?

Best regards

Loïc

They are not yet in the nightly, will post when they are added

hdx

Is it possible to add resolution/framerate to the custom modes? I believe it works this way on cameras with custom modes on mode selection wheel (e.g. 7D) but consumer cameras doesn't have this feature.

scrax

Quote from: hdx on January 30, 2013, 12:34:37 AM
Is it possible to add resolution/framerate to the custom modes? I believe it works this way on cameras with custom modes on mode selection wheel (e.g. 7D) but consumer cameras doesn't have this feature.

ALO/HTP, Quality, PicStyle, AF mode are in the to do list. Not sure if also video size/framerate can be included

Greg

scrax

I'm waiting for the pull being accepted and it's delayed for the new menu layout since we are changing same files I can't keep with updating it.
I have less time also now, so I'll wait a few day probably before updating and mergin my code.
maybe I can start add ALO, quality and other things to save, but depends on time.

Also I suppose there is a refresh missing somewhere but can't find it. not sure if is my code or elsewhere and my code is making it giving me problem with menu background not shown.

scrax

scrax

Updated the pull request with also PicQuality, ALO, HTP, PicStyle setting saved and restored.

and as bonus for 600D auto audio override on when using audio remote shoot :)