60d - ML spot meter

Started by mr.vijayaraghavan, December 27, 2012, 12:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.vijayaraghavan

Hi and New Year Greetings to all!

On my 60d the ML's spot meter was showing up all these days.  All of a sudden it has disappeared even when I have put it ON.   What could be the reason?  Is it possible that any other ML setting might have had an impact on my spot meter setting?

mr.vijayaraghavan

Hay! Even the Histogram/Waveform are not being displayed although I have enabled them in the ML Menu!  In fact, even after enabling them in the ML Menu, it is showing a `red dot' instead of a `green dot' as in the case of other features.  It appears I have `disabled' something somewhere.  Please help

deleted.account.01

when u use   Gain Up on LCD display u will unable to use SpotMeter... first click DISPLAY TAB  later go down to  LV Display Gain and turn it off.. later back to TAB named  OVERLAY and just turn on Spot Meter orany another stuff u like :D . and it works ..and  make some coool auroras Photos  and back here :DDD and show them

scrax

Quote from: mr.vijayaraghavan on December 27, 2012, 02:21:11 PM
Hay! Even the Histogram/Waveform are not being displayed although I have enabled them in the ML Menu!  In fact, even after enabling them in the ML Menu, it is showing a `red dot' instead of a `green dot' as in the case of other features.  It appears I have `disabled' something somewhere.  Please help
check the line in the bottom of the menu, there should be an explanation on why the icon turned red
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: scrax on December 27, 2012, 04:16:31 PM
check the line in the bottom of the menu, there should be an explanation on why the icon turned red

Thanks.  I looked at the bottom and it said (in red) that `ExpSim is off'.  Then, under EXPOSURE MENU - LV Display sub-menu, I changed the setting to `Photo, ExpSim'.  Bingo!  All the displays returned to the screen.  Thanks. Thanks to you too MzytengaM !