5D III Question.

Started by HotGates, December 26, 2012, 02:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotGates

Hi all, I own a 5D III and tried to install magic lantern for it but it did not work why is that? also what is that
Combine two or more images (multiple exposure preview)? because the 5D III already has multiple exposure, maybe it is like the image overlay that Nikon has in their cameras? also does it have the intervalometer ? thanks and I will donate, truth be told I was almost ready to switch to Nikon because of the features their cameras have in them.

HotGates

Nothing??? are you serious in here?

Christian

I would suggest formatting an SD card in camera and then loading Alpha 3 on that card.  To use the alpha you will have to run the firmware update from the Canon menu after each time you power on the camera (as of yet, no autoboot).  Also suggested is disabling the auto power off feature in Canon menu.

As for intervalometer, a1ex clearly states what features are enabled and why in 5DIII Alpha 3 here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2602.msg18197#msg18197:
Quote from: a1ex on November 08, 2012, 04:44:27 PM
I guess it's time to post a small update, mostly with bugfixes.

Download

The most important change is a card test executed at startup. My 16GB (Kingston 266x) card has problems, and I'm trying to diagnose the issue: maybe it's just my card, or maybe it's related to this. If the test fails on your camera, please report.

There are also a few handy tweaks:
- Histogram and waveform moved to bottom
- New experimental display for focus peaking (extreme sharpness)
- 16:9 bars for anamorphic preview
- Focus box moves faster (not yet customizable)
- After taking a picture and pressing Zoom In right away, you can scroll through pictures
- Saturation boost when adjusting white balance
- Warnings for bad settings (e.g. if you set picture quality to JPEG instead of RAW by mistake)
- Dim the red LED while recording (make it less distracting)

Now, about the photo features. I can enable most of them, but, while running the random stability test, at some point the camera froze; I took the battery out, and found out that LiveView was no longer working (even when booting without card). Cleared camera settings and it's OK now. But this shows clearly that there's something fishy inside.

So, all other features that depend on properties will have to wait until I'll understand what happened. It may take a few months, maybe more, maybe less, I have no idea.

Current alphas are pretty safe, to the best of my knowledge.
Canon 5D3 | Canon 60D | Canon 17-40mm f/4 L | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 | Canon 70-300 IS f/4 | Rokinon 8mm f/3.5

Francis

Please forgive all 18171 registered users for not responding so promptly in the midst of a holiday season when many people have more pressing things than monitoring a forum continually, such as working extended hours, traveling, or spending time with loved ones.

What does not work? What step fails during the installation process? Did you follow each step and if so did you try to access the ML menu afterward or did you just expect a magical telepathic announcement that your camera is magic now.

You are going to have to provide more detail if you expect a serious response. The exposure fusion preview is a simulated preview of what a HDR combination of multiple images could look like.

HotGates

Quote from: Francis on December 28, 2012, 04:28:20 AM
Please forgive all 18171 registered users for not responding so promptly in the midst of a holiday season when many people have more pressing things than monitoring a forum continually, such as working extended hours, traveling, or spending time with loved ones.

What does not work? What step fails during the installation process? Did you follow each step and if so did you try to access the ML menu afterward or did you just expect a magical telepathic announcement that your camera is magic now.

You are going to have to provide more detail if you expect a serious response. The exposure fusion preview is a simulated preview of what a HDR combination of multiple images could look like.
Francis thank you and sorry, i hope everyone had a great xmas, ok here is the problem, i downloaded Alpha III for my 5D III formatted my sd card in camera and then installed all folders in sd card, then i did the firmware update, after clicking the trash button the magic lantern menu showed but the shoot menu and focus menu are not there, my friend downloaded the Alpha II for his 7D and everything is perfect on his, did I do anything wrong during installation? Thanks.

g3gg0

Quote from: HotGates on December 28, 2012, 11:16:01 AM
Francis thank you and sorry, i hope everyone had a great xmas, ok here is the problem, i downloaded Alpha III for my 5D III formatted my sd card in camera and then installed all folders in sd card, then i did the firmware update, after clicking the trash button the magic lantern menu showed but the shoot menu and focus menu are not there, my friend downloaded the Alpha II for his 7D and everything is perfect on his, did I do anything wrong during installation? Thanks.

please upload a video where you start ML after formatting the SD card and open its menu
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

HotGates

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 28, 2012, 12:40:19 PM
please upload a video where you start ML after formatting the SD card and open its menu
My menu looks just like this one showed here
http://www.magiclantern.fm/whats-new/104-releases/143-second-alpha-for-5d-mark-iii
I have now took magic lantern off my sd card, I was really looking forward to the focus stacking and intervalometer, I guess I will wait to see if Alex includes them.

g3gg0

everything is fine.
thats ML for 5D3 alpha 3.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

HotGates

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 31, 2012, 02:08:35 AM
everything is fine.
thats ML for 5D3 alpha 3.
Ok thanks, any idea when the rest will be included? happy new year;)