"Army Men" series. Lens "whacked"

Started by kihlbahkt, December 19, 2012, 11:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kihlbahkt

I shot these recently experimenting with the primes I have collected over the years. I used an olympus 50mm 1.4 (you could kill someone with this thing, it is very heavy) for these images. Obviously this lens wont mount on my 600D so I set my lens on the table in front of my open 600D. The "benefit" of this configuration is flare and narrow focal plane. Moving and rotating the lens to compose and focus the images. The downside is flare and narrow focal plane and more importantly that you expose the cam sensor to contaminants since the cam is open with no attached lens.

ML - focus peak, zebras, key shortcuts, Exp override.

I was pleased with the results and thought I would share.  Please check them out here and as always and comments or questions are appreciated. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B-4Lg-sjsw0eNHhxMHlxNndqeEU/edit

BTW why cant I figure out how to post a thumbnail. I even made a reduced version just for that purpose. Someone please clue me in.
600D x2

nbenadom

To post the thumbnails, click the Mona Lisa Insert Image icon and then paste the entire url inside the 2 img codes. The pictures will show up when you preview or post.
Regards,

Noel