Previous topic - Next topic

red5446

i can replicate the symtoms of sort of dead camera
i follow this guide:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

update the firmware and camera went "dead"

Follow the same solution.
remove the CF card
remove the 2 batteries (no need of 5 minutes)

even if i use the cf card camera just froze. no lcd, nothing. like dead.

careful.
isnĀ“t the CF. is posible that magic lantern.

Walter Schulz

Put CF-card into cardreader, format with NTFS, insert CF-card into cam, format there.
Results?

Ciao
Walter

twocik

Wow what a ton to read thru, but 7D raw video is worth it !!  ;D 

Looks like most of these files are .exe, anyone have a how to link for mac users ?   

Can we use our existing cards or do we need something faster ?

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Extreme-CompactFlash-Memory-SDCFX-016G-A61/dp/B007XZKMKI/ref=sr_1_16?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1383324481&sr=1-16&keywords=sandisk+64mb+16GB+compact+flash

bkummel

Quote from: twocik on November 01, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
Wow what a ton to read thru, but 7D raw video is worth it !!  ;D 
Well, in my opinion, this is a mess. One shouldn't have to read through nearly 60 pages of forum posts to get something working. I hope some day soon the core ML devs will advance the official development and release new, official, alpha, beta or stable versions!

Quote from: twocik on November 01, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
Looks like most of these files are .exe, anyone have a how to link for mac users ?   
Here's a how to for the Mac: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7752.0. Note that it uses an outdated build, though. But I don't have the time to read through half the ML forum to figure out which build to use, where to get it and how to install it. So I'll just wait for the next official build.

Northwinds

Hi all
Really excited about some of the new developments here!

Been using the alpha for a while shooting some bits at a mates club every couple of months and just checked here the other day before their Halloween do.
Being kind of busy with other stuff, I read about the bootloading version but decided to go with what I already had working rather than risking something new before trying it out.

Now that's done I've managed to use the EOScard utility to bootload one card - seems to work great.
The new version seems to download all the latest modules too - is that right?
All the modules seem to be there and their info screens when I press "Q" are all saying 2013-09-25 or dates close to that.
Do I therefore need to look for newer builds/releases to try out new features or does the download function for EOScard deliver the most recent automatically?

On another note I read that you can't just copy files from one card to your others but need to make the card "bootable" using EOScard.
Now, previously with the non bootable version this was what I did after setting everything the way I liked I just copied to my other cards.
Therefore, is it now possible to copy my specific settings from a working, setup the way I like it, bootable card to my pc, then make bootable my other cards with EOScard, and then copy my specific settings back across from my pc?

Been reading through a bunch of recent posts so sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it!

And finally - and this is just a wishlist item and I don't know if it is even possible - but some of the stuff you guys have already managed is pretty amazing so I figured I'd ask:
One problem I have is with overheating when shooting for too long. The little red thermostat warning comes on and I know I'm on thin ice!
Once I pushed it as what was happening in front of the lens was amazing and I very nearly got everything but the camera shut itself down before doing itself permanent damage.
It happened again the other night as I was filming too much in a row, so I shut down for a bit and unfortunately missed a really good performance.
What I'm wondering is if there might be some way of introducing a temperature meter of some kind?
Doesn't have to be hyper accurate, just something that reminds me "better think about giving it a rest soon" before it gets to the red flashing symbol and I know I'm already in the danger zone.
Just like a battery percentage type meter maybe?

Just a thought as that would be really handy for me.
Anyone else think this would be useful?

Cheers for all the hard work anyway!

szigiszmund

From here you can get the latest version for your 7D.
http://tl.bot-fly.com/
Replace the files from the cf card with the new ones.

Northwinds

Thanks for that!
I've just replaced the ML folder on my CF card with the one from the new build - is this the correct procedure?
Thanks again!

twocik

Thanks bkummel & Szigiszmund !

I download the zip file tragiclantern-Tragic - http://tl.bot-fly.com/builds_2013.10/tragiclantern-Tragic.2013Oct31.7D203.zip

Now all I need to do is figure it out :P  Any step by step how to videos ?

robs

Thanks guys for all the hard work!

I've upgraded from the alpha 2 to the latest version by szigiszmund by copying the new files to my cf card.
But every time I activate a module, restart the camera and load ML, the camera just stops at the sensor cleaning screen. Even if I turn it off, the screen doesn't turn off and I have to take out the battery. So I cannot test any of the modules.

Does anybody know why that happens?

Thanks in advance!

szigiszmund

feureau

Quote from: robs on November 10, 2013, 06:11:31 PM
Thanks guys for all the hard work!

I've upgraded from the alpha 2 to the latest version by szigiszmund by copying the new files to my cf card.
But every time I activate a module, restart the camera and load ML, the camera just stops at the sensor cleaning screen. Even if I turn it off, the screen doesn't turn off and I have to take out the battery. So I cannot test any of the modules.

Does anybody know why that happens?

Thanks in advance!

There's something about the module not compiling/broken on some of the newest compile. Try downloading the Nov.2 version. Delete everything in your card, and use that. See if that fix anything.

1%

mityazabuben

Hi. Can someone explain for me about CHDK and its relationship with ML. Im using Pelican software and it says that CHDK enabled (with ML), but I cant figure it out where is it and how can I use its functions. Actually, Im interesting in a hot peixel removal function. Thanks.

robs

Quote from: szigiszmund on November 10, 2013, 07:05:43 PM
Take a look here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0 to see if you do everything its says.

I don't know, what I had done wrong, but I have just reinstalled everything and now it's working.

Thanks again.

feureau

Btw, 1%, what happened to video hacks in TL? Running Nov.9th version and I can't see the video hacks? Was hoping to shoot some All-I.

Thierry

Hi, I see errors on Aperture Value in ML Menu 7D alpha 2!

Source :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-number

My work : http://www.flickr.com/photos/thierrydauga/10839428615/in/set-72157629104813911

Thanks ML for great 7D alpha2 and thanks to correct it :)

ThLDQ

Good morning everybody.
Does stack focus work on 7d ?
I can't start it.
Thierry

Walter Schulz

Test this:

Tripod.
Lens AF on.
Liveview.

Select target (minimum focus distance you want) by AF.
Open Focus Stacking submenu and choose "Num. pics behind" = 10.
"Focus steps /picture" 3 or higher.
Highlight "Run focus stack" and press SET.

Report results.

Ciao
Walter

ThLDQ

Hi, Walter.
I followed your procedure and it works.
So, I undestand that "Focus end point" is used just to show how many steps are needed to get the desired DOF.
And that the number of steps are the result of "number of pictures x focus steps/pictures).
For example :I need 12 steps to achieve the DOF I want, I decide either "4 pictures x 3 steps" or "3 pictures x 4 steps"
Then according to the focus start or end point I choose how many pictures I want "in front" if I choosed the focus end point, or "behind" if I choosed the focus start point.
Correct me if I'm wrong
That was not clear at all to me.
Thank you Walter.
Regards
Thierry

Walter Schulz

This was just a test procedure to find out if your camera/lens combination is able to deal with focus stacking at all.

This workflow fit my needs (static macro objects, M about 1:3 to 2:1) and I'm a beginner for all other options. I'm waiting for Marsu42 to jump in for the rescue. Those are "his" routines (if I got it right) and the coding involved is beyond me.

Ciao
Walter

ThLDQ

Ok Walter.
Do you think that the delay between two pictures is long enough for the internal flash to rearm (the battery of my 7d is down so I can't check).
Thierry

Walter Schulz

"Fokus Settings" -> "Flash Delay"

nick.p

Quick question. Have any of you noticed that the 7d chews more battery than other canons. Mine regularly pulls around 50%/hour. Is that normal?