Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pileot

Wondering, will the EOSutility download the latest version? or should we keep downloading from this thread?

angelom

For me is highly unlikely that Canon will modify EOS Utility in order to download/install an alternative/not official firmware, but never say never.

Pelican

Quote from: Pileot on September 16, 2013, 11:13:08 AM
Wondering, will the EOSutility download the latest version? or should we keep downloading from this thread?
If you mean EOScard:
Magic Lantern v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug26.7D203
Mercurial changeset: ae3d28ed855c+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-08-26 04:01:59 by magiclantern@magiclantern-VirtualBox
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

Pileot

Derp sorry, yeah EOScard.
It would be nice to list in the program somewhere what verison of ML is being downloaded instead of loading it on the cam, then going through various menus to check the version and date info.

Is there a mostly stable FPS override? Last I knew you could set the settings but it wasnt applying and I havnt noticed anyone mention its fixed. that being said there is a lot of movment in these threads and it is easy to miss something like that. Anyways thanks for the replies! Progress on this project is amazing!

ted ramasola

Quote from: Pileot on September 16, 2013, 08:33:01 PM

Is there a mostly stable FPS override? Last I knew you could set the settings but it wasnt applying and I havnt noticed anyone mention its fixed.

FPS override still needs a workaround. If you want to use in especially in crop mode, you have to load the fir everytime you turn on the camera by firmware update in canon menu.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Digi-Quick

Greetz to all.

now it's nearly one year @ Alpha State,
is there any eta for release Candidate?

bye
Lothar

ray_tracer

Hi!

Yesterday I played around with "Silent Picture" and I wonder why my DNGs are all 868x578.
I couldn't find any post regarding this topic. I also thought, I could change the picture size by increasing the liveview size in the "raw record" menu.
But it won't allow for anything bigger than 1728px...

Cheers, ray

feureau

Quote from: ray_tracer on September 19, 2013, 10:19:06 AM
Hi!

Yesterday I played around with "Silent Picture" and I wonder why my DNGs are all 868x578.
I couldn't find any post regarding this topic. I also thought, I could change the picture size by increasing the liveview size in the "raw record" menu.
But it won't allow for anything bigger than 1728px...

Cheers, ray

At 1x, maximum is 1728. At 5x, maximum is at 2.5k

ray_tracer

Quote from: feureau on September 19, 2013, 12:02:15 PM
At 1x, maximum is 1728. At 5x, maximum is at 2.5k
It seems my picture viewer "Irfanview" interprets the ML DNGs as 868x578. Wonder why...
Tried it with ACDSEE Pro; size is now 1736x1156, but the picture get rendered totally black. (And no, I did not take a picture of my lens cap :) )

tech411

Each 'pixel' in the 868 x 578 image is actual four channels of the raw unprocessed image. If you magnify the image 400% you will see the color mosaic raw image in all its pre-bayered glory.

feureau

Some error70 logs: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cesha2anryhunfw/error_logs.zip

I think it's mainly from turning on defishing and/or raw videos....

At least I can reproduce defishing errors every time. Just have defishing on and go to live view with raw video.

1%

The memory manager fixes this but breaks signed FIR stuff.

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 24, 2013, 04:19:48 AM
The memory manager fixes this but breaks signed FIR stuff.

Memory manager? Is this a module or something?

ALso, is there a way to get video hacks to be saved? And make video hacks to not disable canon audio every time it's loaded?

1%

Yea, memory needs to be fixed in the FIR, then you get video hacks, fps, more stable H264, headphone, etc. And no crash with defish.

Maybe you can change the gop and leave sound on but flush rate shuts it down and stop the video unless there is a way to patch audio.

ray_tracer

Quote from: tech411 on September 23, 2013, 04:36:05 PM
Each 'pixel' in the 868 x 578 image is actual four channels of the raw unprocessed image. If you magnify the image 400% you will see the color mosaic raw image in all its pre-bayered glory.

Switched to Raw Therapee. This did the trick...

thx!

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 25, 2013, 01:16:23 AM
Yea, memory needs to be fixed in the FIR, then you get video hacks, fps, more stable H264, headphone, etc. And no crash with defish.

Maybe you can change the gop and leave sound on but flush rate shuts it down and stop the video unless there is a way to patch audio.

I see. thanks for the explanation.

themichael

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, pls move if it is.

I am running
V2.3.NEXT.2013Sep02.7D203
Mercurial changeset 63c523d7a208 (unified) tip
Built on 2013-09-02 01:42:29 UTC

and when the camera is physically turned off the battery goes dead after a few days.  It used to last at least a month in sleep mode while I used film cameras. If I let the camera go to sleep (switch on, camera off) the battery also dies in a few days. The card door has not been opened. Does not happen with a plain card or no card in the slot.
7D, AE-1P, 4x5 and GAS

arrinkiiii

This also happen to me sometimes... but i take the card out and for that i think is because of that (need wait until red light shut off)  but if you say that you don't take the card out... What i do sometimes, after i turn off the camera i take out the battery and insert again... just for in case... Maybe some one got the same dry battery here in the forum.

maxim34

Hello,

What is the maximum permissible temperature for the CMOS?

feureau

Quote from: maxim34 on September 28, 2013, 11:07:27 AM
Hello,

What is the maximum permissible temperature for the CMOS?

Above 200 and the CMOS police will pull you over.

Pelican

I want to refresh the ML zip used by EOScard.
Which one do you recommend?
(The one which is more or less stable and worked for many of you.)
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

arrinkiiii

I think the last one is good 24/09/2013   

but maybe is possible for britom to make a new build with the update's and also in the others modules

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987.0

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/all

mucher

The latest Britom's build is quite stable to me, test shooting raw one afternoon, no ERR encountered. Cannot remember any significant issues, but the write speed varies a lot.

Joshua_G

Quote from: britom on September 14, 2013, 10:46:56 PM
Installing ML on the 7D/Enabling Bootflag: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

This one is for the latest features. The latest features don't work for me (because of previous features are missing). Is there a way to make the original 7D beta2 into auto reboot?

arrinkiiii

For now no and don't know if in the future will be possible. For getting the latest features you need to bootflag your camera.