Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

QuoteThe same happened with me yesterday when I've installed the latest ML from the main repo: the lens couldn't find focus just hunt and rest at the closest focus point.

Shot a bunch today and I even set AF patterns from canon (yay, maybe portable?), no problems. Hopefully I can reproduce this and see what is going on.. in audio 7D had some bad stubs so maybe its related to that, I'll have to check them all.

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 08:48:24 PM

Shot a bunch today and I even set AF patterns from canon (yay, maybe portable?), no problems. Hopefully I can reproduce this and see what is going on.. in audio 7D had some bad stubs so maybe its related to that, I'll have to check them all.

I'm going to be on the lookout for how to reproduce this, but it usually happens when I'm changing lens. As in the previous lens would autofocus fine, then changes lens, and it would fail.

feureau

Got a random error70 while shooting liveview. Log file: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kvay228dkoifk7

Btw, it seems changing lenses causes the autofocusing issue.

1%

Changing lenses while camera is off? In that log I just see a bunch of AFing/face detection and not the actual error.

tonybeccar

Same thing happened to me today, randomly.. Err 70. And also the 7D froze randomly too.. was changing lenses all day but *I THINK* the err70 was during that, not sure though.. will post the log in a little while as I forgot my card reader and gotta find my old one.

tonybeccar

Here, the 2 Logs. The first one the camera froze suddenly.. liveview froze and if I turned the camera off or touch any buttons liveview was still active but frozen. Had to remove the battery to make the camera shut down.

The second one, also randomly, Err 70.

Hope the logs are ok: http://www.mediafire.com/?l7x0b9zylrns4u6

Thanks!

Pelican

Quote from: feureau on September 09, 2013, 06:56:20 PM
How's Brasil working out for you btw? :3 got some nice pics you could share?
One of my favourite:

more on my site
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 10, 2013, 10:14:20 PM
Changing lenses while camera is off? In that log I just see a bunch of AFing/face detection and not the actual error.

While camera is on, mostly.

I'm not sure what caused the err70, but that's the only log file I see in the card...

Pileot

Quote from: feureau on September 11, 2013, 01:03:51 AM
While camera is on, mostly.

I'm not sure what caused the err70, but that's the only log file I see in the card...

As an aside, I was told never to do that since the electronics can act like a magnet for dust... Am I missing something?

britom

7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

Maurits_BvdB

Thierry

How make files cropmark.bmp?
I made it, but it have 1,4 Mb, instead of 7 Kb of origin ML. Finally I finish to create a littke bmp 7kB with XnView (Great software photo free), but once selected in the menu ML,it does not display known the LCD screen, as if it was transparent.
With what free software we can save as a little kB bmp, and which is compatible with the ML menu?

1%

All it tells me is that LV crashed when the player tried to run... (PUB) ReleaseImagePlayDriverResource 2395 then err 70.

Were you taking photos in LV?

feureau

Quote from: 1% on September 11, 2013, 04:43:23 PM
All it tells me is that LV crashed when the player tried to run... (PUB) ReleaseImagePlayDriverResource 2395 then err 70.

Were you taking photos in LV?

Yes, taking photos in LV going back and forth between that and previewing photos.

1%

Makes sense, probably raw zebra or something like that crashed it when grabbing the CR2 data. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

andabata

Quote from: 1% on September 09, 2013, 08:48:24 PM

I noticed autofocus problems after i turned it on after an auto-power off. It was focusing right when i started, it auto powered off. After that it lost the will to focus.

John Kesl

Quote from: Thierry on September 11, 2013, 04:33:52 PM
How make files cropmark.bmp?
I made it, but it have 1,4 Mb, instead of 7 Kb of origin ML. Finally I finish to create a littke bmp 7kB with XnView (Great software photo free), but once selected in the menu ML,it does not display known the LCD screen, as if it was transparent.
With what free software we can save as a little kB bmp, and which is compatible with the ML menu?
Hi,
This will help.
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Cropmarks

Joshua_G

A newbie questions, I hope I'm on the right thread.

1.   For the 7D without ML hack, what format is its' HDMI output?
2.   Does the ML hack change the HDMI output format? If yes, into what?

feureau

Btw, why is it that H.264 video hacks settings aren't saved when shut down?

Is there a way to make it default to GOP 1? (I can't seem to find a setting in the CFGs for this)

tonybeccar

Quote from: feureau on September 13, 2013, 03:53:35 AM
Btw, why is it that H.264 video hacks settings aren't saved when shut down?

Is there a way to make it default to GOP 1? (I can't seem to find a setting in the CFGs for this)

It'll be nice for the settings to be saved upon reboot. I think it is like that cause the bitrate module was still experimental.. haven't fully tested it myself..

feureau

Quote from: tonybeccar on September 13, 2013, 05:12:30 AM
It'll be nice for the settings to be saved upon reboot. I think it is like that cause the bitrate module was still experimental.. haven't fully tested it myself..

It's quite stable by now, though you need to know which settings work according to the framerate being recorded or it will keep crashing when you record.

Also, the flush rate is still limited to 50, which means you can't flush right at 60p.

Maybe adding a preset alongside having these settings saved upon reboot would help.

RedStar

Hey guys, Stupid question. I got the alpha 2 setup on my camera and everything seems to be working as it should. However, I cannot figure out how to make it record raw? I read around the forum and saw there should be some option to enable it, but I cannot find it.

Any help would be great!

SLVRBCK

Hi guys, will there be a release in the near future, which only can be copied on the memory card and be loaded automatically without these workarounds and stuff?

Thanks for your feedback.
EOS 7D / EF 50mm 1:1.4 / EFS 18-135mm

feureau

Quote from: SLVRBCK on September 15, 2013, 02:08:25 PM
Hi guys, will there be a release in the near future, which only can be copied on the memory card and be loaded automatically without these workarounds and stuff?

Thanks for your feedback.

Already happened. Look one post above you for updated files.