Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pileot

Derp ment EOScard not EOSutility.

Paid $150 for the WFT but I gotta order a battery and charger on ebay or something.

I dont generally have issues with power drain so its not something I worry about regularly.

canomax

Dear all,

what I'm wondering about: what has this all (RAW-Video) to do with the original post from MAgic Lantern about the 7D alpha 2 release.

Is is not better to place this in a own post? I'm not interested in Video-RAW, I'm interested in a serious continued 7D ML-release, to get sometime a final release ....

Regards
Gerd

Walter Schulz

canomax

Hi,

hopefully all the other will read it and NOT CONTINUE HERE WITH RAW-VIDEO!

Regards
Gerd

stevelucky

Maybe I've missed it, but is there a way in Alpha 2 to shoot 1080p at 50 or 60fps? I hate having to drop down to 720p to shoot overcranked.

primeone

Hi,

I haven't been able to find "Focus Patterns" in ML.

Does anyone know if this has been implemented for the 7D?

jalejake

Quote from: stevelucky on August 17, 2013, 07:01:35 PM
Maybe I've missed it, but is there a way in Alpha 2 to shoot 1080p at 50 or 60fps? I hate having to drop down to 720p to shoot overcranked.

Hi! I don't think it's possible yet. Would be cool indeed, so hopefully at some point . I was wondering if it might be possible to shoot at even higher framerates by lowering the resolution? I mean how fast is the raw image buffer? Would higher than 60fps even be possible? 

Dorian

Thanks to ML for making this .FIR available for 7D. Just installed, doing some tests and noticed:

1. ML doesnt work when cam is wakend after power save(sleep) mode. ML need to be reInstalled. No auto load.

2. Magic Zoom, does'nt work with f.ring (tested with tamron 18-270mm), only half shuter works.

3. NO audio meters in normal L.View, (while in REC is OK).

4. No audio control, too much bg noise.

5. Hope for HDR video soon.. :)

stevelucky

Quote from: Dorian on August 18, 2013, 04:58:35 PM
Thanks to ML for making this .FIR available for 7D. Just installed, doing some tests and noticed:

1. ML doesnt work when cam is wakend after power save(sleep) mode. ML need to be reInstalled. No auto load.

2. Magic Zoom, does'nt work with f.ring (tested with tamron 18-270mm), only half shuter works.

You may want to go back several pages and read up. Auto boot has been enabled but you've got to follow the instructions. Several of those other points have been addressed as well.

mburgst

i have asked about 3 and 4 already, but noone cared and i got no reply on that. no audio meters when not recording is not really helpful. afaik in alpha2 it was different..

arrinkiiii

In this new ML version the audio meters only work after you start record. We hope in near future the dev's can fix it. For now is just like it is.

But for you get around with this bug you can hit the menu button in your camera and see the audio meters working live in the canon menu. After you adjust the volume you just need to hit again the menu button and you are in the liveView ready to record.

tonybeccar

I just noticed a problem that I THINK it is related to Magic Lantern.. cause I read it around here but now cannot find the specific posts.

I use my 7D for filming only, hardly ever take any photos. So last friday I got a photo job.. ok, let's do it! But it looks like the autofocus works like crap!! At first it wasn't working at all.. half-pressed my shutter button and nothing, completely dead.. Tried swapping batteries, cards, removing ML, nothing.. still the same.. the lens worked ok, because I tested it on another camera earlier.. So after several tried, workarounds, taking pics in manual mode, then turning autofocus on, etc etc I managed to get it partially working.. it didnt work all the time.. every now and then I had to swap the AF-MF button on the lens.. :/

I think it is ML related because I think I read around this thread that people had 7D's with autofocus broken... truth is I am really scared about this.. if this is true I won't be able to sell the camera, or take pictures.. am I hallusinating or does this happened before? If so, is there any fix??

BTW I haven't been able to test it with another lens.. but the one that was given was good I believe!!!

Thank you very much to all, I love ML and hope there's a way out to this!!!!
Cheers!

jalejake

Quote from: tonybeccar on August 20, 2013, 06:12:41 AM
I just noticed a problem that I THINK it is related to Magic Lantern.. cause I read it around here but now cannot find the specific posts.

I use my 7D for filming only, hardly ever take any photos. So last friday I got a photo job.. ok, let's do it! But it looks like the autofocus works like crap!! At first it wasn't working at all.. half-pressed my shutter button and nothing, completely dead.. Tried swapping batteries, cards, removing ML, nothing.. still the same.. the lens worked ok, because I tested it on another camera earlier.. So after several tried, workarounds, taking pics in manual mode, then turning autofocus on, etc etc I managed to get it partially working.. it didnt work all the time.. every now and then I had to swap the AF-MF button on the lens.. :/

I think it is ML related because I think I read around this thread that people had 7D's with autofocus broken... truth is I am really scared about this.. if this is true I won't be able to sell the camera, or take pictures.. am I hallusinating or does this happened before? If so, is there any fix??

BTW I haven't been able to test it with another lens.. but the one that was given was good I believe!!!

Cheers!

Have you checked your camera settings? Due to some ML error, my camera settings had once changed and I didn't have the shutter button assigned to AF no more. This can be found in Canon menu - C. Fn IV - 1 settings. (The very first one)
I thought for a minute too that my shutter button was broken, as I hadn't touched the settings myself..

tonybeccar

Quote from: jalejake on August 20, 2013, 07:49:07 AM
Have you checked your camera settings? Due to some ML error, my camera settings had once changed and I didn't have the shutter button assigned to AF no more. This can be found in Canon menu - C. Fn IV - 1 settings. (The very first one)
I thought for a minute too that my shutter button was broken, as I hadn't touched the settings myself..

Thanks for your response! I checked all the settings fast as I was going to the shoot.. I don't have my camera here but will look for that setting tomorrow. Also, good idea, maybe I had some button assigned to half-shutter, I know I usually do it with Magic Zoom. Bad thing is I'm returning the AF lens tomorrow.. don't know when I'll be able to test it again as I have all old Nikkor manual lenses.. (awesome stuff!!!).

Will check when I can.. but the question still stands if anyone knows another thing that may be causing it!
Again, thank you jalejake!!! :D

mityazabuben

Hi. Im using EOSCard 1.40 and found that in ISO submenu I dont have a full range of options - ML Digital ISO, for example.

hypermobile

Just a little issue (not sure it's from ML)

But i made a picture....i looked to the Preview....and it said exposure +1 stop.
So i thought...my mistake...but it wasn't....the camera Exposure was on 0.

Restarted the camera without ML...same problem.
Then i took a Picture with -1 stops....and the picture preview said 0...

What i did to solve this problem......
I put the exposure to +5 (max) and -5 (minimum)...and set it back to 0

For some reason....my light meter was Exposure set +1

wheezl

Quote from: mityazabuben on August 20, 2013, 02:06:35 PM
Hi. Im using EOSCard 1.40 and found that in ISO submenu I dont have a full range of options - ML Digital ISO, for example.

ML Digital ISO is currently not working on the 7D so they took it out of the menu for now.

mityazabuben

Quote from: wheezl on August 20, 2013, 07:34:53 PM
ML Digital ISO is currently not working on the 7D so they took it out of the menu for now.
Thanks. And whats the best ISO using for photo/video/raw video for now?

wheezl

Quote from: mityazabuben on August 20, 2013, 10:09:06 PM
Thanks. And whats the best ISO using for photo/video/raw video for now?

I have been getting the best results from 160  YMMV.

Pelican

Quote from: hypermobile on August 20, 2013, 07:13:37 PM
Just a little issue (not sure it's from ML)

But i made a picture....i looked to the Preview....and it said exposure +1 stop.
So i thought...my mistake...but it wasn't....the camera Exposure was on 0.

Restarted the camera without ML...same problem.
Then i took a Picture with -1 stops....and the picture preview said 0...

What i did to solve this problem......
I put the exposure to +5 (max) and -5 (minimum)...and set it back to 0

For some reason....my light meter was Exposure set +1

The same happened for me a few month ago.
I tried to reset the camera settings remove both batteries and reupdate the firmware and finally solved the problem but I don't remember which step was the solution.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

hypermobile

Quote from: Pelican on August 20, 2013, 10:23:33 PM
The same happened for me a few month ago.
I tried to reset the camera settings remove both batteries and reupdate the firmware and finally solved the problem but I don't remember which step was the solution.

My solution was for Sure: >>Max and Min the Exposure with the wheel.

(in my world....that resets the Min or Max value...so the exposure 0 is actually 0 again.)
easy fix....but i was wondering where it went wrong!

frogcement

Quote from: tonybeccar on August 20, 2013, 06:12:41 AM

Cheers!

It sounds like your focus got taken off the shutter half press and is only on the af/on button on the back of the cam next to the * button. If this is what happened you can change it back in the custom functions. This is called back button autofocus && is a feature some (most) prefer. HTH
Cheers ....
--
K.C.
--
K.C.

Pileot

Kindly read the first post in this thread. The big red letters, they are very hard to miss.
Magic zoom only worked intermittantly for me on the T2I. Considering this camera is in ALPHA its not something I am going to complain about. Features are added daily it seems, lots of people are working hard I'm not going to complain about features not working as they should before porting is finished. Its like telling builders that the elevator doesn't go to the top of the building when its still not finished being built.

Anyways, read the first post again, or if your lazy click here:
http://goo.gl/NmIUja  :)

tonybeccar

Quote from: frogcement on August 21, 2013, 12:55:07 AM
It sounds like your focus got taken off the shutter half press and is only on the af/on button on the back of the cam next to the * button. If this is what happened you can change it back in the custom functions. This is called back button autofocus && is a feature some (most) prefer. HTH
Cheers ....
--
K.C.

Thank you so much man!! Will borrow an AF lens today and let you know if I solved it!! :D What a great support!! ;)

Cheers!!!