Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Quote from: herrfox on August 06, 2013, 07:36:07 PM
I'm asking for a ml version with recent features but not bootable.
You are not lucky, that version doesn't exists.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

feureau

Quote from: jemabaris on August 05, 2013, 09:54:57 PM

THIS PROCESS IS ALL COVERED HERE!!!   

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.msg63820#msg63820

You will NOT have silent picture after that procedure! I have explained that in the same thread a few posts later. Please refer to that and donĀ“t ask that anymore.

Wait, isn't silent picture the same as the raw burst thingy but set to 1 shot?

jemabaris

Quote from: feureau on August 06, 2013, 08:55:34 PM
Wait, isn't silent picture the same as the raw burst thingy but set to 1 shot?

the burst IS silent picture. Silent picture can be set to different options such as; simple (one shot), burst (the thingy we are currently using to get 41 frames long "videos"), burst end trigger, best shots, and slit-Scan.

yavaro

Test Canon 7D Raw - crop mode - Magic Lantern - Handheld + sharp + VSCO

http://vimeo.com/71834341

@ crop mode I only get 35 frames... not so fast card...

arrinkiiii

Quote from: yavaro on August 06, 2013, 09:00:15 PM
Test Canon 7D Raw - crop mode - Magic Lantern - Handheld + sharp + VSCO

http://vimeo.com/71834341

@ crop mode I only get 35 frames... not so fast card...

7D RAW THREAD
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7503.new#new

7D RAW MODULE DEVELOPMENT
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7508.0

7D INSTALLING AND MAKE CAMERA BOOTABLE
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0

feureau

Quote from: jemabaris on August 06, 2013, 08:59:38 PM

the burst IS silent picture. Silent picture can be set to different options such as; simple (one shot), burst (the thingy we are currently using to get 41 frames long "videos"), burst end trigger, best shots, and slit-Scan.

I see. But that raw burst works.  I think the guide should be updated to note that silent picture works.

jemabaris

Quote from: feureau on August 06, 2013, 10:50:21 PM
I see. But that raw burst works.  I think the guide should be updated to note that silent picture works.

Which guide are you talking about? Plus I think that everyone knows that by now.

John Kesl

Hi Devs,
Was wondering about the frame flush and GOP parameters, under video hacks. Do they actually work? or do I need the build from the Halloween bitrate monster thread? ( http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3404.100 ) I've been doing experiments and have read about the ISO-bitrate relationship and all that. I've read the threads and all but am wondering if it actually does anything. I am using VideoSpec to see the details but according to it the GOP is no different even when I change it. Further, I seem to get higher bitrate per ISO with it turned of all together.

Or is it only with VBR i get to see the diff?

And another thing, are nanomod's nightly builds for the 7D? I see in the change log pelican's update to 7d stubs.

feureau

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 04:49:47 AM
Hi Devs,
Was wondering about the frame flush and GOP parameters, under video hacks. Do they actually work? or do I need the build from the Halloween bitrate monster thread? ( http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3404.100 ) I've been doing experiments and have read about the ISO-bitrate relationship and all that. I've read the threads and all but am wondering if it actually does anything. I am using VideoSpec to see the details but according to it the GOP is no different even when I change it. Further, I seem to get higher bitrate per ISO with it turned of all together.

bitrate hack works. Just make sure you know what you're doing. It can crash the camera needing battery pull.

John Kesl

Quote from: feureau on August 07, 2013, 07:38:27 AM
bitrate hack works. Just make sure you know what you're doing. It can crash the camera needing battery pull.

Yeah, I know the bitrate hack works. It's not what I'm taliking about. I'm talking about the GOP and frame dump hack.
Did you even read my post? Because you didn't answer my question. You seem to just make up some other question and answered that instead. Do you think you where being constructive? What exactly did you contribute by your answer? Did you even think about what you blurted out?

mburgst

Quote from: mburgst on August 06, 2013, 07:22:11 PM
..where have the audio-meters gone? can't find the option to switch them on in todays 7D build from audionut?

any chance to make the camera beep when recording starts? maybe be useful to sync others recorders/cams..

noone knows?!

John Kesl

Quote from: mburgst on August 07, 2013, 08:19:39 AM
noone knows?!
Push record and you'll see em (make sure audios enabled in canon menu obviously). as far as the beep. still havent found it.

John Kesl

Hi Devs,

And another thing, are nanomod's nightly builds for the 7D? I see in the change log pelican's update to 7d stubs.

Pileot

Quote from: mburgst on August 07, 2013, 08:19:39 AM
noone knows?!

You could always clap loudly, it would register a sharp peak on the audio and you could sync that up with any cameras taking video...

Or use a flash and set it off, would easially show on all the video and you could sync the video to the white light and roll from there.

John Kesl

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 08:26:39 AM
Hi Devs,

So to answer my own question. The Autoload version of the 7d alpha2 doesn't do the GOP or Frame Dump. I understand the push for RAW but I honestly think the ability to shoot all I frame is impressive as well, more impressive even than the 41 frame raw burst. That being said, I think that the 7D once unlocked will be quite a beast. Of particular interest here is the N=1 followed by no M meaning that I am shooting a 1 Frame GOP which is by definition an I Frame. Beautiful boys, beautiful.

And before anyone starts asking I am using the non Autoload version here. And of interest is that I have not removed the boot flag from my 7D so I can still load the autoload version, just thought you all would like to know.

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 324 MiB
Duration : 46s 129ms
Overall bit rate : 58.9 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-08-07 03:07:53
Tagged date : UTC 2013-08-07 03:07:53

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : N=1
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 58.9 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Original height : 1 088 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.184
Stream size : 324 MiB (100%)
Language : English
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.601

mburgst

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 08:25:42 AM
Push record and you'll see em (make sure audios enabled in canon menu obviously). as far as the beep. still havent found it.

mhh, so the audio levels are only visible when actually recording, not all the time? would be easier to get the levels right before recording a clip..

mburgst

Quote from: Pileot on August 07, 2013, 08:28:53 AM
You could always clap loudly, it would register a sharp peak on the audio and you could sync that up with any cameras taking video...

Or use a flash and set it off, would easially show on all the video and you could sync the video to the white light and roll from there.

used to clap and such, but i thought that beep feature should/could be used for that. okay, cam is not that loud enough for distanct mikes, but may be useable for onboard/onrig stuff..?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on August 07, 2013, 07:38:27 AM

Yes, indeed. Works like a charm, with the old and new version. ALL-I  is good  :D

Thank you.

John Kesl

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 07, 2013, 11:26:06 AM
Yes, indeed. Works like a charm, with the old and new version. ALL-I  is good  :D

Thank you.
Really? How are you determining that you are actually shooting All-I on the autoload firmware? How do you know?

danmonaghan

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 11:43:06 AM
Really? How are you determining that you are actually shooting All-I on the autoload firmware? How do you know?

I might be wrong, but this is how I try and determine which frames are I frames.  I guess if it's all I frames each frame would come through.

ffprobe -show_packets -pretty yourmovie.mov  | grep flag |grep -o -n "flags=K"

arrinkiiii

Quote from: John Kesl on August 07, 2013, 11:43:06 AM

able in the menu and if you are not pleased just compares with regular video

John Kesl

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 07, 2013, 11:57:05 AM
able in the menu and if you are not pleased just compares with regular video

My God Really? Idiot. let me show you the difference, between All-I, and regular IPB.
This is regular IPB:

General
Complete name : /Users/johnkesl/Desktop/100EOS7D/MVI_0281.MOV
File size : 271 MiB
Duration : 41s 625ms
Overall bit rate : 54.7 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-08-06 21:04:49
Tagged date : UTC 2013-08-06 21:04:49

Video
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=12
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 41s 625ms
Bit rate : 54.7 Mbps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.100
Stream size : 271 MiB (100%)
Encoded date : UTC 2013-08-06 21:04:49
Tagged date : UTC 2013-08-06 21:04:49

This is All-I:

General
Complete name : /Users/johnkesl/Desktop/100EOS7D/MVI_0298.MOV
File size : 324 MiB
Overall bit rate : 58.9 Mbps

Video
Format settings, GOP : N=1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Codaing
Bit rate : 58.9 Mbps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 1.184
Stream size : 324 MiB (100%)

Look by GOP. That's the difference.
Now go google GOP.

John Kesl

Quote from: danmonaghan on August 07, 2013, 11:55:32 AM
I might be wrong, but this is how I try and determine which frames are I frames.  I guess if it's all I frames each frame would come through.

ffprobe -show_packets -pretty yourmovie.mov  | grep flag |grep -o -n "flags=K"

As far as that goes:
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=12
So that answers that.

John Kesl

For the Developers:
Is it possible to implement the master digic hack for the GOP and Frame dump hacks in the autoload version of the 7D alpha2. I've tried all the autoload versions and the settings aren't affecting the actual .mov file like they are in the magic.fir version. In fact they don't work at all. I was wondering if it's intentional or if it can be enabled?
Thank you.

P.s. if you aren't a developer or a contributor please don't answer.