Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edingacic

Quote from: Haruki on August 03, 2013, 02:49:21 AM
tried everything. no succsess.
i have to flash the patched firmware file from my harddrive and not from the cf-card where i copied it to, right?

I guess so thats what I am doing you can not select from CF card I have tried that to see if I am doing it wrong.  I guess we never get to the process of booting the .fir firmware because our EOSUtility gets disconnected at the process of initialization...... then the camera goes into recycle without anything being done to the CF fir file

arrinkiiii

@britom

I have download and replace the new nightly files from Pelican. What is the dference from the old files? ...and how you manage to record the raw video ???

edingacic

Tell me if nothing helps so i will upload the full cd from where i got the eosutility.
[/quote]

If u can upload the full cd maybe that is the issue but I am not sure..... I am fully charging my battery maybe it does not accept half full?

Haruki

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 03:01:45 AM
I guess so thats what I am doing you can not select from CF card I have tried that to see if I am doing it wrong.  I guess we never get to the process of booting the .fir firmware because our EOSUtility gets disconnected at the process of initialization...... then the camera goes into recycle without anything being done to the CF fir file

exactly. so what could be the problem? drivers? i have all eos stuff installed...maybe some driver needs to be an old one?

edingacic

Quote from: Haruki on August 03, 2013, 03:07:50 AM
exactly. so what could be the problem? drivers? i have all eos stuff installed...maybe some driver needs to be an old one?

maybe  I think its that or I need to fully charge the bat.  I am not sure man EOS Utility even on Mac is acting strange in old version with new updates.... i guess its the drivers or something.

arrinkiiii

It will accept with half charge. But try to install the EOSUtility from the CD and then run the EOSUtility from the link of britom( the old version of EOSUtility.

edingacic

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 03, 2013, 03:09:42 AM
It will accept with half charge. But try to install the EOSUtility from the CD and then run the EOSUtility from the link of britom( the old version of EOSUtility.

I even did that but I will do it again ... it recognizes 7d just fine everything works like expected until the last OK button is hit before the update after selection .fir from hard drive.  Then it says that the connection is lost.... i even try different usb cables LOL hehehe ....

arrinkiiii

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 03:11:39 AM
I even did that but I will do it again ... it recognizes 7d just fine everything works like expected until the last OK button is hit before the update after selection .fir from hard drive.  Then it says that the connection is lost.... i even try different usb cables LOL hehehe ....

From now i don't know what to say more, im sorry. Try all the steps in a windows computer friend for see if it works  :'(

With the new files from pelican wend i turn the camera on show up the message "scripts dir missing"

themichael

Tried this on two different computers, XP-32 laptop and Win 7-64 desktop. Both have the same results, connection lost no ML.

Grasping at straws - could it be the date of manufacture? Found this list and mine was made in Sept 2011 -

Date       First 2 digits of serial #
Sep 09   01
Oct 09   02
Nov 09   03
Dec 09   04
Jan 10   05
Feb 10   06
Mar 10   07
Apr 10   08
May 10   09
Jun 10   10
Jul 10   11
Aug 10   12
Sep 10   13
Oct 10   14
Nov 10   15
Dec 10   16
Jan 11   17
Feb 11   18
Mar 11   19
Apr 11   20
May 11   21
Jun 11   22
Jul 11   23
Aug 11   24
Sep 11   25
Oct 11   26
Nov 11   27
Dec 11   28
Jan 12   29
etc   etc
7D, AE-1P, 4x5 and GAS

edingacic

Quote from: themichael on August 03, 2013, 03:34:28 AM
Tried this on two different computers, XP-32 laptop and Win 7-64 desktop. Both have the same results, connection lost no ML.

Grasping at straws - could it be the date of manufacture? Found this list and mine was made in Sept 2011 -

Date       First 2 digits of serial #
Sep 09   01
Oct 09   02
Nov 09   03
Dec 09   04
Jan 10   05
Feb 10   06
Mar 10   07
Apr 10   08
May 10   09
Jun 10   10
Jul 10   11
Aug 10   12
Sep 10   13
Oct 10   14
Nov 10   15
Dec 10   16
Jan 11   17
Feb 11   18
Mar 11   19
Apr 11   20
May 11   21
Jun 11   22
Jul 11   23
Aug 11   24
Sep 11   25
Oct 11   26
Nov 11   27
Dec 11   28
Jan 12   29
etc   etc

my is 05  lost connection problem

arrinkiiii

@britom

I went to "shoot" menu and pick up Burst in the Silent Picture sub-menu. Then in Lv i half-press the shutter button and he start to record... I go to the cf card and he record some DNG files. This is the right process? How you put together the DNG files in a movie file?

new edit:

Now i went to the Shoot menu and chose Burst, End trigger. Press haf-shutter button and he make the magic. Wend i stop press the shutter button he start to record to the card, then i see in the camera screen that he is recording/save to the card the DNG files.

-beautiful-

How i can make a movie file with this dng's files?

noisyboy

You don't bud. The DNG's are your "movie file", each one a frame of video. Copy them to a folder and then import them into something like After Effects as raw sequence. Once things have developed further you will hopefully have "raw video files" on the camera instead of individual DNG's but this is the first step towards that  8)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: noisyboy on August 03, 2013, 03:59:16 AM
You don't bud. The DNG's are your "movie file", each one a frame of video. Copy them to a folder and then import them into something like After Effects as raw sequence. Once things have developed further you will hopefully have "raw video files" on the camera instead of individual DNG's but this is the first step towards that  8)

AHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  =DDD

I know my friend, just giving some info for the next ML fanatics get here  ;D

-I will try tomorrow to put the DNG's in AE to see if i can come with a video file  ::)

-With burst picture it gives me 41 raw dng continuos pictures

-Go to after effects and:

Menu, Import, File
    Chose the first dng file
    He open the rawcamera, for make some ajustmans in the raw files
    He make sequence in the time line of the dng pictures
    Export as a movie file

*wend it open the rawcamera in after effects, in the botton it says 8bits, is this correct?

Haruki

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 03:09:16 AM
maybe  I think its that or I need to fully charge the bat.  I am not sure man EOS Utility even on Mac is acting strange in old version with new updates.... i guess its the drivers or something.

or maybe its the cf-card? i'm using a 32gb sandisk extreme.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Haruki on August 03, 2013, 04:33:39 AM
or maybe its the cf-card? i'm using a 32gb sandisk extreme.

For this task almost any cf card is good. For raw video it will be the best that the market can offer you.

My card is a Sandisk 60MB/s 8GB

*wend i hit the info button in the camera with the ML, its say that cant found the help files, any solution for this?

pfluger

Quote from: themichael on August 02, 2013, 10:43:20 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clearer. The three ROM bin files are after the update in the camera.
If you have the three ROM bin files this means the bootflag in camera was successfully set.

EOScard 1.36 crashed on two computers (Win7 and XP) even if nothing is clicked.

Will try once more with all new downloads.

**EDIT: Still no joy. The autoexec.bin goes in the root corrct? I am using a 16MB 133x card. Somebody have a checksum for the generated firmware file?
Copying the autoexec.bin and ML folder is not enough, you have to use the EOScard tool to enable the bootflag on the CF card. Even with the bootflag enabled in camera using the patched firmware, it will only boot the CF card if that too is marked for boot.

tonybeccar

Excuse me, how can I start taking silent pics?? I downlaoded Pelican's nightly build.. but I can't seem to find the option.. @britom, how did you manage to get it working?? I need to know the bascis to start testing...

Thanks!!!

tonybeccar

Quote from: tonybeccar on August 03, 2013, 07:15:34 AM
Excuse me, how can I start taking silent pics?? I downlaoded Pelican's nightly build.. but I can't seem to find the option.. @britom, how did you manage to get it working?? I need to know the bascis to start testing...

Thanks!!!

Nevermind, found it.. anyway.. @Pelican.. you'll be keeping up with the nightly builds then??

jphansen

MAN I feel like a fool.. What is the M TAB?? "All" I got is Audio, Expo, Overlay, Movie, Shoot, Focus, Display, Prefs, Debug and Help. And The auto boot in to ML still doesn't work.. and yes I have ML folder and autoexec.bin in root on my CF card.

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 03, 2013, 02:36:49 AM
Than after the first boot of the camera it create the "DCIM" and "MISC" right?  YES

BTW I dont see the dual ISO stuff in the ML menu If you see the ML menu is because you have able to do the bootflag and run the new ML.

Sooo... For activate the dual iso you go to the M  TAB. Activat the dual iso module and then go to the Expose Module and chose the dual iso and the iso itself.

jphansen

AAAH.. there is my problem.. Now all I need is to get EOScard to work.. I get that damn error.. :-/

Quote from: pfluger on August 03, 2013, 06:20:38 AM
If you have the three ROM bin files this means the bootflag in camera was successfully set.
Copying the autoexec.bin and ML folder is not enough, you have to use the EOScard tool to enable the bootflag on the CF card. Even with the bootflag enabled in camera using the patched firmware, it will only boot the CF card if that too is marked for boot.

Pileot

Because there are quite a few people having issues with installing ML on the 7D I have made a new thread for it. Perhaps we can have people with issues get help there instead of cluttering this thread? I find quite often people ask for help that was provided 'three pages ago'. 37 pages to find the answer is a lot :)

Anyways, new thread is here. I know I'm new here, hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's toes or anything, I just thought maybe if the skilled people were focused on working out the bugs instead of helping us noobs things might progress a little faster, and it might help organization to boot!

Additionally, is there a way to manually flag the card for autoboot without using EOScard? 

jphansen, I know it sounds silly, but try formatting the CF card with your computer with a different file system, say NTFS, then format that same card with your camera, then try EOScard again.

Pelican

For those who experience crashed EOScard:

What language (locale) settings do you use?

Even if EOScard crash you can download the necessary zip from http://pel.hu/ML/magiclantern-7D.203.Alpha2.zip
but you need to prepare your card with something else.

Edit:
I've uploaded the previous version here: http://pel.hu/down/EOScard1.35.exe
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

Pileot

I had no problems a week ago with EOScard 1.3.6. When i rename that same .exe and start it up, it crashes. If i rename it back to what it was before, no crash.  I think perhaps its crashing when trying to download the files? Maybe something doesnt line up properly and it dies.

1.35 has no issues for me thus far.

I'm in Canada so Canadian / US english for the Locale in case it still matters.

**EDIT**
Well im a happy guy! v1.35 seems to make my CF-SD adapter work! Tried formating the card then using 1.36, no dice. Format and use 1.35, ML autoboots no problem. *happydance*

tanchikt3485

Hi!

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 24, 2012, 10:06:32 AM
i also tried to put fps override into this release, which also requires master and slave patching.
it works but after some time (approx. a minute or less) the picture freezed or was crappy.
and this makes the feature useless, so its disabled.

Are there any news about the fps override for 7D?
For me, it is the most useful feature here, as I shoot timelapses.
Thanks in advance

Haruki

Quote from: Pelican on August 03, 2013, 10:16:05 AM

Edit:
I've uploaded the previous version here: http://pel.hu/down/EOScard1.35.exe

I finally I got ML to boot.
Turns out that the 'connection lost" message in eos-utility is no error. (someone should have mentioned that, as some people thought this was an error). EosCard1.36 always crashes for me. So I tried EosCard1.35.
After using EOScard1.35 i got a lot of files on my card (also .fir-files for other EOS-camera-models) and the camera wouldnt boot.
I had to pull the battery and copy the ML flies manually. After this ML boots up =)
But now the light keeps on blinking and blinking...whats that about? --> nevermind, I now disabled bad settings warning and everything seems normal. Time to start experimenting!

for the record: i think my error was due to the fact that i didnt know that the bootflag must be set in the camera (by firmware 'update') as well as the cf-card must be made bootable (with eos-card). from some posts it sounded the eosCard just copies the ml-files, but i does make your card bootable as well!

=) Thx again everyone! this is going to be a fun weekend!