Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphansen

I guess I did everything right.. Flashed my 7D with the firmware.fir and loaded the newest "magiclantern-7D.203.Alpha2" to the card.. including the autoexec.bin. But nothing happines when I boot up my camera.. any idears? :-/

jphansen

Are you using the EOS Utility software from this threat? it HAS to be that version..

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 01:21:06 AM
why is loosing connections its beyond me I have tried even installing full solution disk but same thing :(

edingacic

Quote from: jphansen on August 03, 2013, 01:22:15 AM
Are you using the EOS Utility software from this threat? it HAS to be that version..

yes! I am using the version from this thread version 2.8.1.0 connection lost when I hit ok for update to go

jphansen

and you did the: Type bspatch.exe 7d000123.fir firmware.fir patch.bsdiff and press enter

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 01:22:53 AM
yes! I am using the version from this thread version 2.8.1.0 connection lost when I hit ok for update to go

edingacic

yes it gave me that firmware.fir I place that onto a CF card fire up eos utility downloaded form this thread and everything is fine up to the point where it says to go from version to version I hit OK and th eos utility looses connection

jphansen

Sorry.. I'm new to the flashing part as well

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 01:28:20 AM
yes it gave me that firmware.fir I place that onto a CF card fire up eos utility downloaded form this thread and everything is fine up to the point where it says to go from version to version I hit OK and th eos utility looses connection

Haruki

Hello there,
first of all: Thank you so much everyone who spend their time developing this and helping other users!
This is fantastic!

Sadly, I seem to be unable to boot ML. I think setting the autoboot flag didnt work correctly for me. I tried serveral times.
While installing the FW update with the old EOS-Utility the red light on my camera flashes and the camera screen says 'loading...'.
After a few seconds, the camera looses the connection to the PC and goes dark (or maybe the process is just finished?).
During that process 3 files are created in the root directory of my CF card and some more files in \misc.

Now, does that mean that the autoboot-flag was set successfully?
Or should there be a kind of confirmation screen (as is does for other cameras as shown in the ML-wiki)?

Also EOS utility says to press "set" on camera to begin update process, but that doesnt help either.
After copying the ML-files to the card, the camera wont boot ML.
Im not sure what to try next, maybe someone knows an answer.
win7 64bit
thx

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on August 03, 2013, 12:06:43 AM
DANG!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43043701/SilentRAW.mp4

This is the burst of silent pics? How you manage to do it?

Quote from: britom on August 03, 2013, 01:10:43 AM
The correct link is http://pel.hu/ML/7D_203.sym

This link just go to the web page of Pelican. What i should do with this?

Quote from: jalejake on August 03, 2013, 12:33:49 AM
That's the same error I got..

My friends, the EOSCard from Pelican, just goes to a weblink and download the ML version and record on your CF card... you can just download a zip file and pass the files to your CF card.

But beside this, EOSCard from pelican, you need to bootflag your camera to able to read this new ML files in your CF card... And for do this you need a version of the 7D firmware (firmware 123.fir,that you can find in britom instructions) and pacth it... then in a format CF card you put the file firmware.fir (that  you created with old firmware and pacth) in to your 7D.

After this, you format or deleted the firmware.fir and put the new ML files... that you record with EOSCard or just download it and copy/past to CD card.

This is the link for the files that you need to put in your CF card. But before this, you need to bootflag your camera, like i said before or like instructions of britom ( check a few posts/pages before).

LINK OF THE FILES THAT YOU NEED TO PUT IN YOUR CF CARD (NEW ML

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nq43xx

LINK FOR THE FILES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKE YOUR CAMERA BOOTABLE (BEFOR YOU USE THE NEW ML

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3974.msg62242#msg62242

Let's go people!!! It's easy... after comprehension  :D

edingacic

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 03, 2013, 01:57:56 AM
This is the burst of silent pics? How you manage to do it?

This link just go to the web page of Pelican. What i should do with this?

My friends, the EOSCard from Pelican, just goes to a weblink and download the ML version and record on your CF card... you can just download a zip file and pass the files to your CF card.

But beside this, EOSCard from pelican, you need to bootflag your camera to able to read this new ML files in your CF card... And for do this you need a version of the 7D firmware (firmware 123.fir,that you can find in britom instructions) and pacth it... then in a format CF card you put the file firmware.fir (that  you created with old firmware and pacth) in to your 7D.

After this, you format or deleted the firmware.fir and put the new ML files... that you record with EOSCard or just download it and copy/past to CD card.

This is the link for the files that you need to put in your CF card. But before this, you need to bootflag your camera, like i said before or like instructions of britom ( check a few posts/pages before).

LINK OF THE FILES THAT YOU NEED TO PUT IN YOUR CF CARD (NEW ML

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nq43xx

LINK FOR THE FILES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKE YOUR CAMERA BOOTABLE (BEFOR YOU USE THE NEW ML

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3974.msg62242#msg62242

Let's go people!!! It's easy... after comprehension  :D

The problem is in EOSUtility I can not run it it disconnects itself when I hit final OK before the windows comes up about SET button , camera goes into loading program for firmware updated but then restarts because it lost connection with EOSUtility thats the main problem.  Running win7 64 bit

anything I can do to keep the connection up?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Haruki on August 03, 2013, 01:52:30 AM
Hello there,
first of all: Thank you so much everyone who spend their time developing this and helping other users!
This is fantastic!

Sadly, I seem to be unable to boot ML. I think setting the autoboot flag didnt work correctly for me. I tried serveral times.
While installing the FW update with the old EOS-Utility the red light on my camera flashes and the camera screen says 'loading...'.
After a few seconds, the camera looses the connection to the PC and goes dark (or maybe the process is just finished?).
During that process 3 files are created in the root directory of my CF card and some more files in \misc.

Or should there be a kind of confirmation screen (as is does for other cameras as shown in the ML-wiki)?

Also EOS utility says to press "set" on camera to begin update process, but that doesnt help either.
thx

This is what happen with me. I flash (use the old EOSUtilty and "update" my camera with the firmware.fir (that i creat with the old 7d firmware that i pacht it). My camera went black.  I take the battery and format my cf card  in the pc... put the new ML files in cf card... put the cf card in camera and turn on... and voilá the new Magic Lantern (ML) in there. No need to update firware again, is just there. Press the trash basket and you got the menu of ML (press two times) .

edingacic

Quote from: Haruki on August 03, 2013, 01:52:30 AM
Hello there,
This is fantastic!

thx

EOSUtility is loosing connection firmware update never actually starts as I understand because it disconnects?  I have same problem.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 02:04:01 AM
The problem is in EOSUtility I can not run it it disconnects itself when I hit final OK before the windows comes up about SET button , camera goes into loading program for firmware updated but then restarts because it lost connection with EOSUtility thats the main problem.  Running win7 64 bit

anything I can do to keep the connection up?

You dont need the EOSCard.  EOSCard just donwload the zip file with the new ML files and save in your CF card. You can downlod the files from the link that i post. But you need still to bootflag your camera.

TWO STEPPS

1- Bootflag your 7D

2-Paste the new ML files to your CF card and you are done

edingacic

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 03, 2013, 02:07:55 AM
You dont need the EOSCard.  EOSCard just donwload the zip file with the new ML files and save in your CF card. You can downlod the files from the link that i post. But you need still to bootflag your camera.

TWO STEPPS

1- Bootflag your 7D

I am not talking about EOS Card i am talking about EOS Utility when flashing with patched firmware. 

Haruki

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 03, 2013, 02:04:58 AM
This is what happen with me. I flash (use the old EOSUtilty and "update" my camera with the firmware.fir (that i creat with the old 7d firmware that i pacht it). My camera went black.  I take the battery and format my cf card  in the pc... put the new ML files in cf card... put the cf card in camera and turn on... and voilá the new Magic Lantern (ML) in there. No need to update firware again, is just there. Press the trash basket and you got the menu of ML (press two times) .

My camera just went black, it didn't crash. So you say I have to format the card again before copying the ML-files to it?
I just erased the files from the update as is told in the instructions...

edingacic

Quote from: Haruki on August 03, 2013, 02:12:38 AM
My camera just went black, it didn't crash. So you say I have to format the card again before copying the ML-files to it?
I just erased the files from the update as is told in the instructions...

Does the old EOSUtility says lost connection on your?  I am unable i guess to bootflag 7d because of that?

jphansen

This is what I did.. I had no problem with the flash part.. BUT.. My camera will not auto boot in to ML.. :-/ The card has to just have the Autoexec.bin and the ML folder in root right? Than after the first boot of the camera it create the "DCIM" and "MISC" right? If I try to run the old way with the fake firmware update from the canon menu there is (of cause) no firmware on the CF card.. Something has went wrong some where.. Just dont know where??? BTW I dont see the dual ISO stuff in the ML menu if I take the latest ML and boot it the "old way" Where do I find it?

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 03, 2013, 02:07:55 AM

TWO STEPPS

1- Bootflag your 7D

Haruki

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 02:15:37 AM
Does the old EOSUtility says lost connection on your?  I am unable i guess to bootflag 7d because of that?

No it doesn't say that. Yes it says 'connection lost'. Then the window just closes and the camera screen goes black. No camera crash though.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: edingacic on August 03, 2013, 02:15:37 AM

Yes, my old EOSUtility lost connection and my camera went black... i just remove the battery, format my cf card and past the new ML files to the CF card and turn on the camera.

Some one in this treat post that you need to have some kind of file (file from EOSUtility) for the old version of EOSUtility work. So... i already have the new EOSUtility in my PC (win 7) and with the old EOSUtility that britom user post i just flash the firmware.fir to my camera. I lost connection and my camera went to black. I remove battery... format my cf card, put the new ML file and turn on the camera.

It's a little bit confuse but in the same time it's simple.

britom

I'll try to help, my instructions worked on my pc with windows 8 x64 and some people tried in windows 7 without problems so please make sure:

Camera dial is set M mode
Battery is charged
You have the proper drivers (install the cd that came with your camera and then use the eosutility from my post)
Copied the firmware.fir to the card before flashing it from eosutility

Things to try if it still dont work:

***Go to Device Manager by pressing WindowsKey+R and typing devmgmt.msc
Expand the Portable Devices tree and Disable all of them except Canon EOS 7d by right-click - Disable***
Reset your camera to factory settings
Run eosutility in windows 7/vista/xp mode, or as Administrator
Format the CF before trying everything, from the camera

Tell me if nothing helps so i will upload the full cd from where i got the eosutility.
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

arrinkiiii

Quote from: jphansen on August 03, 2013, 02:25:33 AM
This is what I did.. I had no problem with the flash part.. BUT.. My camera will not auto boot in to ML.. :-/ The card has to just have the Autoexec.bin and the ML folder in root right? Than after the first boot of the camera it create the "DCIM" and "MISC" right? If I try to run the old way with the fake firmware update from the canon menu there is (of cause) no firmware on the CF card.. Something has went wrong some where.. Just dont know where??? BTW I dont see the dual ISO stuff in the ML menu if I take the latest ML and boot it the "old way" Where do I find it?

Than after the first boot of the camera it create the "DCIM" and "MISC" right?  YES

BTW I dont see the dual ISO stuff in the ML menu If you see the ML menu is because you have able to do the bootflag and run the new ML.

Sooo... For activate the dual iso you go to the M  TAB. Activat the dual iso module and then go to the Expose Module and chose the dual iso and the iso itself.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: britom on August 03, 2013, 02:33:30 AM
I'll try to help, my instructions worked on my pc with windows 8 x64 and some people tried in windows 7 without problems so please make sure:

Battery is charged
You have the proper drivers (install the cd that came with your camera and then use the eosutility from my post)

Expand the Portable Devices tree and Disable all of them except Canon EOS 7d by right-click - Disable***

Tell me if nothing helps so i will upload the full cd from where i got the eosutility.

Thank you britom. It works with me. Win 7/32 bits

Haruki

Battery is charged

tried everything. no succsess.
i have to flash the patched firmware file from my harddrive and not from the cf-card where i copied it to, right?

edingacic

Battery is charged

Can you please answer the following question.

When you select the firmware.fir after in the EOSUtility and hit OK another windows comes up saying something about hitting SET and not touching any buttons right? 

At that moment in the top of EOSUtility in RED Letters it says Lost connection.

7D goes into Initializing firmware update then in goes black and turns back on 

On the card I am left with capital letters now FIRMARE.FIR and 3 more files. 

When I delete those or format the card and place ML folder with autoexec in the root and boot 7d nothing happens.

I think it never gets flagged

I have done everything in M mode out of Live View , reset 7d to factory settings, ran EOS utility in different compatibility modes from XP to vista to whatnot in Admin mode.

I guess its the drivers then or I am stupid! :)

britom

Exactly man, you have 2 copies of the firmware.fir file, one in the card, the other one on your hard drive. So the firmware "downgrade" process is with your cf card inside the camera, with the fir file in it.

Dont worry because it wont downgrade to 1.2.3 :)
7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

edingacic

Quote from: britom on August 03, 2013, 02:54:17 AM
Exactly man, you have 2 copies of the firmware.fir file, one in the card, the other one on your hard drive. So the firmware "downgrade" process is with your cf card inside the camera, with the fir file in it.

Dont worry because it wont downgrade to 1.2.3 :)

I select from the hard drive the patched one thats right from CF cant be selected anyhow... the problem is lost connection i guess or battery not fully charged _

does your EOS utility says LOST CONNECTION IN RED _