Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Good news, no more pink/mangeta highlights

Quote from: a1ex on July 30, 2013, 05:35:34 PM
Updated the converters (download from first post):

cr2hdr:
- fix memory leak, tested with 100 GB of pictures
- white level autodetection (should fix pink highlights)
- exiftool fix from jpaana, not tested but looks OK

raw2dng:
- fix memory leak, not tested (should be OK with large clips)

I did not address the black level issues yet.

If you are having issues with image quality, please upload the raw files (*.CR2 or *.RAW).

It's working for me  :D

lol_lol_2512

Yeh a1ex updated cr2hdr i think, so people should redownload that from that first post (of the dual iso thread).

feureau

Btw, is there an auto-ETTR module for the 7D? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

feureau

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 30, 2013, 04:00:44 PM
The red light its not the warning light that you disable in the menu (warning for bad settings), that i already disable... the red light its like the camera stay forever recording to the card but nothing happen and the camera don't do nothing, its just block the camera... and then i need to take out the battery.

Anyways, i will put again the files from the last build from audionut and try again  :D

SanDisk Extreme 60MB/s
8GB

I think I reproduced that.

Try not going as high up to ISO 12800.

Been shooting at max 6400 and it's doing great.

mityazabuben

Shooting with 160-1600 - still err70 after a couple of shots...

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on July 31, 2013, 11:46:34 AM
I think I reproduced that.

Try not going as high up to ISO 12800.

Been shooting at max 6400 and it's doing great.

Thank you feureau i will try today  :D

feureau

Quote from: mityazabuben on July 31, 2013, 11:54:29 AM
Shooting with 160-1600 - still err70 after a couple of shots...

Make sure you're using audionut's latest (go to the help tab, look at the version at the bottom. It should be dated Jul26.

Always shoot round ISO. (100, 200, 400 etc)

ThLDQ

Quote from: arrinkiiii on July 27, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
Wend i finish to flash the firmware.fir in to the camera my camera, everything shout down, nothing work. I paste the EOScard files (ML software) to the card, that i have take from camera and connect the camera again and nothing !!! Believe me, i went totally crazy (cold and white face). Then i disconect and take battery, connect again... and voilá, ITS WORK !!! No more firmware boot !!!
Hi,
have you had the same problem as Arrinkiiii when you upgraded your 7d with the "autobootable firmware" ?
I'm a little bit scared to explode my 7d  :o
Thierry

mityazabuben

Firmware date is 26 July, ISO - 100/1600, manual lens - Err70 after +-10 shots.

Sky_cleaner

The same
Firmware date is 26 July, ISO - 100/1600, 17-85 Canon lens - Err70 after +-10 shots.

Pelican

I've put the file date info to the file manager.
The brave ones can download here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5522.msg62738#msg62738
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Pelican on August 01, 2013, 12:07:38 AM
I've put the file date info to the file manager.
The brave ones can download here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5522.msg62738#msg62738

Sorry Pelican, what the file_man.mo have to do with the 70error? ...and what i should do?

Thanks for all your help and sorry for my lack of understanding on this subject  ???

Quote from: a1ex on June 16, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Rename support is very weak in DryOS (on some cameras the function is there, but it just doesn't work). So, copying is the only portable way.

You can create folders from Canon menu; ML can't help you with that (unless you are OK with ERR70 messages).

Pelican

Quote from: arrinkiiii on August 01, 2013, 01:33:02 AM
Sorry Pelican, what the file_man.mo have to do with the 70error? ...and what i should do?

Thanks for all your help and sorry for my lack of understanding on this subject  ???

Nothing.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3

Jansten

Thats really Great news for 7d, i,m hungry to  use the new interface in the  latest build, but without  the
autoboot, can i use the new build without autoboot ? Isn't that than cause frezze camera?

Is the auto micro adjust implented?

tonybeccar

Quote from: Jansten on August 01, 2013, 03:31:20 AM
Thats really Great news for 7d, i,m hungry to  use the new interface in the  latest build, but without  the
autoboot, can i use the new build without autoboot ? Isn't that than cause frezze camera?

Is the auto micro adjust implented?

I think the errors are only due to the Dual Iso function.. myself haven't had a chance to test it fully.. but as I'm not using that I believe I'm not going to have errors...

feureau

The only thing that crashes it is just the DualISO. If you don't turn that on, or don't load that module at all, the ML itself is as stable as running the alpha 2.

feureau

Speaking of err70 crashes. I've been trying out some things. It seems it doesn't tend to crash when it's at wide open aperture with reasonable shutter speed. (1/4th or faster) but when I go up to f/8 or above or shutter speed below 1/4th, it tends to err70 after a few shots.
Can anyone confirm this?

Disregard

Pelican

Audionut

That's a lot cleaner then what I was doing to the code (surprise, surprise)!

Here is a new build

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Pelican on August 01, 2013, 11:48:28 AM
Dual ISO 7D fixes from Alex (commit 7e8701a): http://pel.hu/ML/dual_iso.mo

Quote from: Audionut on August 01, 2013, 12:02:33 PM

Here is a new build

You guys ROCK BIG TIME !!!  :D

Let's go 7D fellows, it's time to try this one. No more 70ERROR.

pit3k

Thats great! Sorry for my stupid question, but how do I replace the old build (26 July) with new? Just copy over in the cf card?

hypermobile

Quote from: Audionut on August 01, 2013, 12:02:33 PM

Here is a new build

Noob question...just download those 5 Files and replace them on the lastest ML-7D 2.0.3 (Alpha 2) CF-Card???

I'm Just into ML....Made one Dual-ISO and put it through CR2HDR. Very impressed!!
So it's a lot of new things in a few Hours.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: pit3k on August 01, 2013, 12:20:55 PM
Thats great! Sorry for my stupid question, but how do I replace the old build (26 July) with new? Just copy over in the cf card?

Yes, all files  :)

arrinkiiii