Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelican

Quote from: ty66 on June 27, 2013, 11:23:50 AM
Can't you downgrade firmware only to enable bootflags with dumper firmware and then upgrade firmware back to current version and then use ML alpha2 autoexec.bin.
Yes.

Or will firmware upgrade reset bootflags?
No.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

arrinkiiii

Can't you downgrade firmware only to enable bootflags with dumper firmware and then upgrade firmware back to current version and then use ML alpha2 autoexec.bin. Or will firmware upgrade reset bootflags?

Why this? Is better? will be more bug free ?

Pelican

Quote from: arrinkiiii on June 27, 2013, 01:03:55 PM
Why this? Is better? will be more bug free ?
For run autoexec.bin automatically from the card.
Yes.
No.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Pelican on June 27, 2013, 04:01:17 PM
For run autoexec.bin automatically from the card.
Yes.
No.

Thank you Pelican !!!

Stay in the same. I already appreciate having zebras, sound meters, etc... even always have to upload every time the ML FW.

Going to post an add in my local news paper:

"Urgent, Need an Developer for 7D ML "   you never know  ;D

chris bouk

hey guys!
I used to record a movie with cinemascop cropmark, but when I downloaded to the pc, the video was normal with no cropmark! what happened and how can I see the video as I shot it, with the cropmark?

feureau

Quote from: chris bouk on June 28, 2013, 10:28:30 AM
hey guys!
I used to record a movie with cinemascop cropmark, but when I downloaded to the pc, the video was normal with no cropmark! what happened and how can I see the video as I shot it, with the cropmark?

This is normal. The cropmarks are there as framing guide. You crop your video yourself on your own.

chris bouk

you mean that I have to crop the final video like the cinemascop crop marks? and which dimensions are the right dimensions about that? can you help me please?

noisyboy

Quote from: chris bouk on June 28, 2013, 11:40:39 PM
you mean that I have to crop the final video like the cinemascop crop marks? and which dimensions are the right dimensions about that? can you help me please?

What you editing in? If you shot at 1080p then you can drop your footage into a 1920x800 project and the project itself will be cropped correctly instead of having to do letterboxing with a mask.

danistuta

I've got a little problem: Using compatible battery with no info chip I can't load ML. When I do firmware upgrade for ML, camera ask me to use the battery the same; then it restarts but without magic lantern. Is there a solution for this? Thanks

feureau

MitjaS

Hey!

I need help. I will use my waranty, so i need to delete ML alpha 2 from my 7D and don't know how. I did format the card, but that isn't enough. Does someone know how to delete it, so i can use my waranty on my camera?

Thanks!!

Walter Schulz

Just remove the card!
Do you have problems without a card? Please describe ...

Ciao, Walter

MitjaS

Yes. I have problem with AV button and i think that's the software problem. I've removed the card and reinstal canon firmware and it still doesnt work and than some friend told me, that i have to unistall ML from camera, not just from card

Walter Schulz

Reset all your camera settings to factory defaults and try again.
Remove both batteries (buffer battery = the small one, too) and let the camera rest for 5 minutes, reinsert both batteries and try again.

Ciao, Walter

feureau

To uninstall ML, all you have to do is format your memory card. Nothing is written to the camera. It runs from the card ONLY.

Using ML, even if it destroys your camera, does not void canon warranty. You can't void canon's warranty, you only have what's covered by the warranty and what's not.

mucher

70D is released and I have noticed that it has one exciting video capture feature of ALL-I encoding for me. Did a little search of ALL-I, and it brought me back to this thread. The greatest G3GG0 has already built-in this feature into 7D ML, test run a little and it doubles my file size. Can't wait to see when there will be an autoexec.bin released.

ty66

Quote from: Pelican on June 27, 2013, 12:23:42 PM
Yes.
No.
Thanks. Got it booting. Actually there is no need to downgrade firmware. Just run patched dumper firmware update on a camera with v2.0.3 firmware and that's all, you're ready to boot autoexec.bin. 7D alpha2 tag is compiling without any problems.
7D ML | 400D plus | 430EX | 10-20 4-5.6 Sigma | 30 1.4 old Sigma | 60 2.8 macro Canon | 85 1.8 Canon | 200 4.0 Jupiter

tonybeccar

Quote from: ty66 on July 02, 2013, 10:18:52 PM
Thanks. Got it booting. Actually there is no need to downgrade firmware. Just run patched dumper firmware update on a camera with v2.0.3 firmware and that's all, you're ready to boot autoexec.bin. 7D alpha2 tag is compiling without any problems.

Wha-wha-wha-what????! We can???! Could you please be a GOD and orientate us OR better upload the compiled version??? DYING for a bootable alpha.. using it every day with my 7D!!!

Thank youuuu!!!! :)

pfluger

Quote from: tonybeccar on July 03, 2013, 03:16:29 AM
Wha-wha-wha-what????! We can???! Could you please be a GOD and orientate us OR better upload the compiled version??? DYING for a bootable alpha.. using it every day with my 7D!!!

Thank youuuu!!!! :)
+1000 Pretty please :)

arrinkiiii

Quote from: ty66 on July 02, 2013, 10:18:52 PM

Do you having problems with the ML with the patch until now?

Can you upload for download?

edgardave

Quote from: djoulbdx on June 26, 2013, 09:12:12 PM
Yes, I had the same problem last week, I pull out the little button battery 10 seconds and after no problem
thanks for the suggestion guys - tried that but no luck. looking at a few repair websites it is sometimes an earth connection on one of the boards... suppose i could take it apart and have a look.
now where's my hammer  ;D

digizz

I've only just realised that this was available for my 7D - I've been looking forward to it for years! I must say, it's particularly good - so many great features.

I did just experience a lockup though - camera was sitting idle with the display on via an external monitor (HDMI). The display turned off and the red activity LED came on and stayed on. I couldn't turn the menu back on and even power cycled the camera (on/off switch). but it didn't clear the problem. I had to remove/replace the battery to get it working again.

I didn't have any custom bitrate settings etc - just the normal displays on.

I have the logs saved if you need them?

shavenne

It seems that it doesn't care anyone at the moment. Seems nobody is working on ML for the 7D anymore.

arrinkiiii

Anybody can help me on this?

Wen i record at 24 fps in ML menu the best settings for the shutter speed is 1/48 and this is in green in the Lv. But wend i put in 60 fps what shutter speed i should use?

I can't go below 80 and its in red and at 125 of a second its stay in blue.

Best regards and thank youuuuu  8)

danistuta

I'd like to know:
1) Is there a way to set AutoISO in ML for video?
2) What's procedure to autostart ML on 7d?

Thanks.