Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Just look at exposure indicator - if it changes too much, take a picture. Keep shutter pressed halfway.

alband

Quote from: beej on April 23, 2013, 10:04:54 PM
Well, might be possible to engage mirror lock-up, flip up the mirror and get the sensor to monitor the image for motion/processing etc, without the whole live-view/screen thing on - it's the screen which sucks up a lot of power...

As a general feature, not just 7D specific, I thoroughly agree with this. But would it be easier to go at it the other way? Use normal motion detect WITH live view, but turn off the display, and anything else that wouldn't be needed, to help battery?

alband

Quote from: a1ex on April 23, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
Just look at exposure indicator - if it changes too much, take a picture. Keep shutter pressed halfway.

Hadn't thought of that. How precise is the exposure readout? 1/3 stop wont get some things will it? Nice idea though, that would be low power!

dne202

Hi, I'm just wondering, is 422 color even a possibility on the Canon 7d?  Is that on anyone's list of things to do?

feureau

So, I heard they found some DNG RAW live view in 5DM2 and 5DM3. Any news in that front regarding the 7D? :D

g3gg0

i am still working on YUV422 videos (continuous 12.5 fps works already).
i think it is able to record in RAW also, but first i want to get YUV422 working flawless.
will test it on 7D as soon it works on 5D3
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Flownez

Quote from: g3gg0 on April 26, 2013, 10:56:53 PM
i think it is able to record in RAW also, but first i want to get YUV422 working flawless.

Most Excellent!

Stedda

Wow! You guys are feature assassins! Nice work!
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

thefrost

The RAW video on the 5D3 is being discussed all over the internet. Are you saying raw or (YUV422) might work on the 7D as well ??? Wow..

feureau

I want to fly over there, give you a big hug and buy you a pint of the finest beer known to man.

jphansen

Do you think you can get the framerate up to 24 or 25?

chris bouk

...heu guys!!! I hope you are fine...I'm very happy to use ML, I'm trying every time I turn on my camera....I will donate soon....
I want to ask,....Last week i went to a mountain bike race, and i wanted to test the detect motion feature on my 7D...
I tried everything but the result was that my camera started to fire photos in continues mode,,,,couldn't explain it,,I have used all the parameters but at the end, I decided to don't try it more, than losing the race...! Can anybody suggest me, the way to use the detect motion feature,,,,maybe I'm doing something wrong...!have someone used this feature in a race...something like mountain bikes,,,etc etc...?
thank you for your patience...looking forward to hear from you soon!
Best regards
Chris

davidutn

An excellent feature that can add would be able to record at 60fps at 1080p, would the best they can do.

beej

Quote from: davidutn on April 29, 2013, 05:47:45 AM
An excellent feature that can add would be able to record at 60fps at 1080p, would the best they can do.

It seems the hardware won't allow this, it's simply not powerful enough - so I'd give up on that one, nice though it would be...

Rock84

Hello
Is a Release  in the next 3 Weeks possible?

Thanks

Jansten

I know g3gg0 is busy in other things, he said that in a message a while ago,
Is there any other developer thats working with the 7D spesific? Or is just g3gg0?

Nice work with the alpha 2 but alpha 3 has so much more facilities, what have read in this forum

Sorry, I see know that you have posting several message after that specific post :-[

mucher

Comparing with 4:2:0, 4:2:2 sounds like exactly 2 times more calculation to me (I don't know very well about video encoding), I am just wondering that if there is any ways to split the task into the two processors. Will it be possible to turn on some multi-threading flags in the compiler ( I heard a rumor that in Windows, you can use the -safethread flag to enable parralel threading, or some like that.

feureau

You know... if you have a raw 1080p "video" feed off of the camera, is it possible to reroute that to the H.264 encoder and get a clean, high detail, moire-less H.264?

pfluger

Before I start digging through all the dev stuff and repositories, is there everything in the repositories to easily compile an autostarting version for the 7D (without any additional coding)? If so, a pointer to where to look for would be great. Thanks :-)

feureau

Last time I checked, because you need the signature to allow canon to load the firmware update, you can't compile your own 7D ML yet, though it seems one user, pelican, have been able to do so.

Anyway, it's been months since the last time an alpha was released for 7D. Alpha 2 was released before christmas. I wonder if it's high time another alpha gets released? :D

jalejake

Quote from: pfluger on May 04, 2013, 09:13:38 PM
Before I start digging through all the dev stuff and repositories, is there everything in the repositories to easily compile an autostarting version for the 7D (without any additional coding)? If so, a pointer to where to look for would be great. Thanks :-)

Yeah, I would love to see an autostarting version too. Even without all of the latest features if some are unstable and not yet fully tested. They could be added gradually when stable?  ;) I think many would benefit from having ML ready when turning the camera on. But of course first things first, and take your time to do your magic. I know I couldn't, so who am I to tell what you should do.  :)

Pelican

Quote from: pfluger on May 04, 2013, 09:13:38 PM
You can compile the autoexec.bin for your 7D, the main repo contains all the necessary sources, just type 'make 7D'.
The extra step you need is enabling the bootflag on your camera.
There is a dumper fwupdate  which dumps the memory and enables bootflag. It's for an old fw version maybe for 1.1.0 so you should downgrade your camera's fw first with EOS Utility.
But much better if you trust in the developers and use the alpha until they decide to make a beta version which autoloads itself.

Quote from: feureau on May 04, 2013, 10:08:05 PM
Last time I checked, because you need the signature to allow canon to load the firmware update, you can't compile your own 7D ML yet, though it seems one user, pelican, have been able to do so.
You can compile your own autoexec to 7D from the beginning.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

jalejake

Quote from: Pelican on May 05, 2013, 12:37:47 PM
But much better if you trust in the developers and use the alpha until they decide to make a beta version which autoloads itself.

Yeah, I'll definately wait for the beta version instead of downgrading my fw. :) 

pfluger

Quote from: Pelican on May 05, 2013, 12:37:47 PM
You can compile the autoexec.bin for your 7D, the main repo contains all the necessary sources, just type 'make 7D'.
The extra step you need is enabling the bootflag on your camera.
There is a dumper fwupdate  which dumps the memory and enables bootflag. It's for an old fw version maybe for 1.1.0 so you should downgrade your camera's fw first with EOS Utility.
You can compile your own autoexec to 7D from the beginning.
Thanks a bunch for that info! Too bad about having to downgrade, that's definitely a showstopper for me. So yeah, I will patiently wait for a beta ;-)

Kea

On my 7D, "Movie Restart" doesn´t work.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?