Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BVG

The cpu usage indicator (percentage) does not stay on when i insert an other card with the same config file.

Great work, looking forward to alpha 3.

ThLDQ

Good afternoon everybody.
I was looking for a timelapse for my 7d and Google showed me the good way : Magic Lantern !!!!
Thank you for the great job done (I still can't understand why all the features of ML are not included in the Canon firmwares ????).
I've downloaded The Alpha2 version of ML, but I don't know how to install it on my memory card. I have no card reader on my Mac, so do I have to use Eos Utility ?
Must I load only the .FIR file and the ML directory that comes withe the Alpha2 release, or only the .FIR file ?
The firmware version of my 7d is : 2.0.3.
Are there french menus included in the software ?
Thanks for your coming help.
Regards
Thierry

da.vanderzon

Hi ThLDQ

You do need a card reader to install ML Alpha 2. See http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3103
link for instructions.
The EOS utility doesn't allow you to write to the card using the camera.

ThLDQ

Great !
Thank you da.vanderzon
Thierry

edgardave

Quote from: jphansen on April 08, 2013, 01:05:10 PM
I didn't understand a word of what you just wrote.. but I'm looking forward to the next alpha anyway ;-)

i think i can translate:
it's gonna be the boss! 8)

Serdcelov

Hello all! Developers please add to function on magic lantern: full functional  whith big size silent picture for timelaps and intervalometr, fast speed- 60 k per second or 120 k per second if real. Thank you for your work, magiclantern great product!!!!

dne202

I've really loved my 7d, but looking at the new black magic camera, I've become very excited for the possibility of shooting ProRes 422.  I shoot really run and gun and the extra color space can help me a lot in post.  I'm thinking of selling my camera before the pocket comes out, just in case the market gets flooded with 7ds.  But the worst thing would be if I sold it only to find that magic lantern gifted the 7d with the ability to shoot 422.  I was wondering, is there any possible way this could happen?  Or is 422 impossible on the 7d?

- Dan

mityazabuben

Hi. Thanks for your work. Ive got a question - is there any possibilitie to change shutter speed with arbitrary values and use them in a intervalometer ramping for more smoother exposure changing? Thanks.

Serdcelov

Hello all! the function a motion detect  don't work on video mode!

Sky_cleaner

hjulenissen

Quote from: Sky_cleaner on April 17, 2013, 06:37:33 PM
Any hope for changing the h.264 encoding profile on 7D? http://william-patin.de/blog/canon-and-the-h-264-profile/
There is more to video codec quality than the h.264 profile. Just ask the x264-people.

-h

FotosbyMike

Great job ML this firmware is amazing can't believe this is not stock with Canon firmware. But I am really looking forward to HDR recording and photos with my 7D. The other thing I can't wait for is Follow Focus since my 7D is used for B roll rack focusing for interviews.

gipukan

Hi, I'm using ML alpha 2 in Motions sensor more in live view. 2 things I want to mention besides thanks a lot and will soon donate!

1, Can motion detect also run in non live view more please? and 2 in does drain my battery fast but i still wonder if that's not an issue normally when in live view. I'm hoping to convince my photo club members to start using ML on their 5D's and 7D's when i'll give them a demo :) during a club session!

a1ex

Yes, it's possible to implement the simplest type of motion detection outside LiveView. I'm not going to do it, but anyone else is free to give it a try.

gipukan

Ok will give hat a try tomorow! Now i have to see if ML did not delete some shots I made in the morning before using ML.

gipukan

Getting my shots of the 7d's cf card now, saw some jpg's and mov's that the 7d preview did not show while in ml. Gone try to reproduce that and report

aborlorn

Great work on ML Alpha

I absolutely love the CBR settings.... very practical when you don't need ultra quality or forgot your high capacity CF on the road

Just like to make a note and make some suggestions for Global Draw and HDMI out

1) ML basically facilitates HDMI out recording with help from Global Draw Off.  Great feature

However, some things I would like to request:
1) Global Draw option to turn off grey Bars top and Bottom
2) Option to remove The RECORD red dot that displays
or
2b) Move the RECORD red dot up into the grey bars.  This way we can just crop the grey bar from the scene without losing too much of the picture.
3) Remove the overheat sensor from displaying or move it to the top of the picture.  The overheat sensor displays obtrusively in the right side.  Maybe move it to the lower right or to any other corner.  That way if it ops up you can just crop it out of the scene

There seems to be 1 bug to the Global Draw off. 

After you use the autofocus, the focus frame square bracket still shows on screen (normally with ML, the focus square bracket disappears after a few secs).  The workaround is to click ML Menu twice and the focus bracket  will disappear.  Maybe there is a check missing from Global Draw after the autofocus button is used?

My goal is to get a clean HDMI out signal, so that I can record off of HDMI via external recorder.

Thanks alot for the great work and that's my 2 cents.

Thanks again for the great work.  A perfectly clean HDMI out image without recording symbols would be absolutely fantastic

a1ex

gipukan

Nice, can confirm now that the jpg's and mov's i made are still there :) Tomorrow a new ML testday :)

gipukan

Hey Alex,

Got a no go for my 7d on motion detect w/o live view on :( Switching live view on works like a charm but not without.

a1ex

Read my post again (all of the words, not just half of them).

gipukan

Mark0ki

Now think a bit logically. If you cover the sensor with shutter and mirror, then what will record the movement in front of the camera?

Live view off the camera records only the movement of the shutter button, even without the ML.

Quote from: gipukan on April 22, 2013, 11:47:07 PM
Hey Alex,

Got a no go for my 7d on motion detect w/o live view on :( Switching live view on works like a charm but not without.

beej

Quote from: Mark0ki on April 23, 2013, 07:35:44 PMNow think a bit logically. If you cover the sensor with shutter and mirror, then what will record the movement in front of the camera?

Well, might be possible to engage mirror lock-up, flip up the mirror and get the sensor to monitor the image for motion/processing etc, without the whole live-view/screen thing on - it's the screen which sucks up a lot of power...