Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Big maaaaaaybe for dual digic cameras. Single digic.... not possible.

Goldcoinz

I tried using ISO 25600, it wouldn't work, is this feature not fully functional on the 7D? Thanks for all your hard work on ML.

Lopo

Quote from: 1% on March 22, 2013, 09:46:03 PM
Big maaaaaaybe for dual digic cameras. Single digic.... not possible.

It would be great, especially for those who work with directors, who want to monitor all shots at all time!

Should this be posted on 'features requests'?    :D

a1ex

If you like chasing unicorns, grab a C compiler and a disassembler and give it a try ;)

feureau

Winks aside, how does one who know very little about programming get in to the unicorn chasing business? ML in particular.

I've been trying to teach myself C using this: http://www.computerscienceforeveryone.com/ but it's not very complete yet. What sort of disassembler would one need to learn?

ronaldogiggs

Quote from: DaveVegas on January 01, 2013, 11:42:30 PM
Hey guys,

I've shot a little short after doing some tests with the 7D and this is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KUsaJGe4jk

A little shortfilm called "The Visitor". I shot everything on a 7D with bitrates between 100-150mbps and all I-Frames. I really did see the difference in post.

Keep it up!

nice video.

reznor

Quote from: feureau on March 05, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
Auto start recording is already in the current alpha. Thought it takes a few second for it to start again so you get that cutoff.

Did i miss something? i have alpha 2 version and the auto start record doesnt work!

On the first page it says that the option ''auto start'' is in the menu but is not working.

I really hope this get correct in the next version (alpha 3 i suppose). This option is a must for me.

feureau

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. It doesn't work on the 7D alpha 2 yet. I was thinking of my other canon.

ajwickett

Hi - can you say whether the 7D ML will ever have the same audio functions as the unified ML? analog and digital gain settings etc...

many thanks

g3gg0

analog gain -> canon menu
digital gain -> post processinfg
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

ajwickett

Thanks,
Anychance audio meters may be displayed before recording is started?
Andrew

feureau

Quote from: ajwickett on March 26, 2013, 01:24:20 PM
Thanks,
Anychance audio meters may be displayed before recording is started?
Andrew

This would be very useful. Along with using the back wheel to adjust audio volume a'la 5D3. Maybe trigger it with pushing another button like HDR fusion preview thing?

Ottoga

If everyone keep asking for stuff, and the developers (g3gg0,?) keep trying to oblige then Alpha3 will be a loooooong wait.

Also, if you have friends with a 7d and or you haven't downloaded Alpha2 then get behind the product, download and try it. 7D Alpha1 - 25534 downloads, Alpha #2 - 213....... Not much incentive to devote a lot of time and energy.

Playing with alpha2 and patiently waiting for Alpha3 :)
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

ajwickett

What is the point of a forum if one can't suggest ideas/requests/improvements?

No one is demanding anything here. Merely asking if things may be possible in the future or suggesting ideas.

A simple 'not possible' 'not a priority' 'don't know' or no response would be fine.

If possible in next alpha - could we have the shutter button set to eject comments from sarcastic members?

Like most i follow ML with interest. The skilled developers are not chained to desks and forced to program, so part of me is sure they do what they do because they find it interesting/ a challenge/ gratifying/ dare i say enjoyable.

Therefore i don't find it unreasonable to ask questions or make requests here. Again, they are not demands, but suggestions/questions.

Thanks, Andrew

g3gg0

well, currently i am implementing some very interesting stuff: modules
that is something i want to have in the next alpha.

as the 7D is quite popular, that new concept will get a broad user base that tests it ;)
didnt do much 7D-specific stuff yet
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Akorn240

"... didn't do much 7D-specific stuff yet." From my view, I'll be anxious yet waiting. All the fun begins after resurrection (Easter)  anyway...

Thanks for your work!
Canon 7D

markymark

Not sure if this can be done for the next release, but gonna ask anyway. Earlier on in this post it was asked if when in photo mode can the number of HDR pictures taken be set so that it can take more than a total of 9 images (Maybe upto 30)

_7D_

Hi!

How's the work going?

I think you can't hear this question any more, but: When can we expect the Alpha #3? Are there only a few days left or do we have to wait a few more weeks?

Greets
_7D_

g3gg0

the current state has a stability problem.
sometimes when switching mode between play and recording, the camera screen stays black.

dont expect a new alpha the next days.
sorry for that.

ArturoKiwi

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 31, 2013, 12:32:26 PM
the current state has a stability problem.
sometimes when switching mode between play and recording, the camera screen stays black.

dont expect a new alpha the next days.
sorry for that.

oh, no! More hard work for you! I'm sorry for that.

Happy Easter to all of you!  :)

g3gg0

yep, its weird. took the 7D with me to take some shots/videos on a party and had to use it witout ML.
wasnt stable at all, i thought its caused by the module system, but i had it disabled in this version.

_7D_

It's not a big problem :-) Happy Easter everybody!

I just wanted to know if everything is fine. But take your time! I think we all can wait!

Greets

jhotal62

I just want to say thanks to the developers!  I've just downloaded the 7d alpha2 build & am looking forward to the alpha3 build whenever it is available.  I wish I could help, but I only know java....  :P

a1ex

The firmware seems identical to the regular 7D. I've just loaded ML and it worked out of the box.