Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphansen

Offtopic sorry but: Just found this "Audio for DSLR: How to Get Good Sound with DSLR Video Cameras!".. I havnt seen it yet my self: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1OewziXCTs

premini

Hi guys. i noticed that there's an experimental binary (bitrate monster) to play around with bitrates and GOPs,
Since this binary  was released prior to this alpha2 my question is, are these bitrate tweaking possibilities available in alpha 2?
Thanks in advance!

Digital Corpus

Quote from: feureau on March 08, 2013, 11:55:16 AM
Not sure if this has been reported or not but, can anyone confirm this:

With ML on, on video mode, if you zoom in, the exposure shifts about +1eV.

This is highly apparent on the highlights when using cinestyle. Set it so you have a large portion of the frame that almost clip the highlights. (set it so that you clip the highlights at 1x zoom, then go down until it doesn't clip) When you hit zoom, go to the highlights and it will clip.
Go into the ML menu, go to the smilie face prefs and go into the 2nd option, LiveView zoom settings...
Look at your Auto exposure on zoom and Increase SharpContrast.
Quote from: premini on March 12, 2013, 03:40:13 PM
Hi guys. i noticed that there's an experimental binary (bitrate monster) to play around with bitrates and GOPs,
Since this binary  was released prior to this alpha2 my question is, are these bitrate tweaking possibilities available in alpha 2?
Thanks in advance!
Yes, they are in Alpha 2. You have to enable bitrate hacks in order to use them.

I'm awaiting Alpha 3 :)
7D w/ ML | Tokina ATX 11-16 | Canon 24 mm pancake | Canon 40 mm pancake | Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS | Sigma 150-600 Sports

jalejake

Hi! 
I've been following the forum for some time already, but this is my first post so I got to say the obvious first... Your work is awesome, thank you all for developing ML! 

I would love to see the 7D version self bootable, but take your time. (I know you will. :) )

I'm using an eye-fi card (the new 16gb pro X2 version) with my 7D whenever I don't need a fast card. (which is most of the time) and I was wondering if it will work with ML or not?
Some say that ML doesn't work with the new X2 cards, but then I read this: 
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2457.msg20790#msg20790
Does this mean we can somehow self-modify the eye-fi card to work with ML? Does a1ex have some trick to make it work? This would be good news, as I would love to have both, ML and the eye-fi functionality.

g3gg0

Quote from: jalejake on March 14, 2013, 11:32:44 AM
I'm using an eye-fi card (the new 16gb pro X2 version) with my 7D

wait.. you use an SD card? i guess you use an SD->CF adaptor, right?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

jalejake

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 14, 2013, 02:57:52 PM
wait.. you use an SD card? i guess you use an SD->CF adaptor, right?

That's right. I hear the older adapters don't work with eye-fi but I've got a new one and it works perfectly. Here's a post about it on eye-fi forums in case you're interested: http://forums.eye.fi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=326&start=60#p27298

Lopo

Not much about the 7D port development. Any news?

Thanx and keep up the magic.

g3gg0

there are news. i am working on 7D.
oh wait, its not new :)

just added ML's vignetting correction to 7D, but needs some testing.
maybe HDR can also get implemented that way. we will see.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

jphansen

Hit me  :o

Btw is it in anyway possible to crop the HDMI output to get rid of those damn black bars in the sides Of the monitor??

ted ramasola

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 16, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

I wait with excitement as this (HDR) is among the features I am excited about due to the 7D's 60p capability allowing us to have smoother HDR video. I hope you can already implement autoboot up in the next alpha.

Good luck! Hope you can gift us with the next alpha soon.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

oli4h

HI,

Like all other, I'm very excited about a new alpha but: please don't give it to us just for eastern: my family would be veryx angry if I spend all  eastern with my Camera and ML playing around  ;D

feureau

Quote from: oli4h on March 16, 2013, 09:09:09 AM
HI,

Like all other, I'm very excited about a new alpha but: please don't give it to us just for eastern: my family would be veryx angry if I spend all  eastern with my Camera and ML playing around  ;D

Nice reverse psychology. No easter ML for you! :P

Goldcoinz

ML is the coolest creation since the invention of film :) Just loaded Alpha 2 on my 7D, can't wait to start implementing its features, especially timelapse, HDR and motion detection.  I tried using ISO 25600, it wouldn't work, is this feature not fully funtional on the 7D? Anyway, this promps me to start a paypal account to donate, thanks ML developers, this is awesome stuff.

oli4h

Nevermind  :D
The idea was to get it much sooner than eastern   8)

feureau

Quote from: oli4h on March 17, 2013, 01:19:25 PM
Nevermind  :D
The idea was to get it much sooner than eastern   8)

I wish there's a 7D nightly build. I also like to live dangerously.

Siftah

Quote from: jalejake on March 14, 2013, 11:32:44 AM
I'm using an eye-fi card (the new 16gb pro X2 version) with my 7D whenever I don't need a fast card. (which is most of the time) and I was wondering if it will work with ML or not?
Some say that ML doesn't work with the new X2 cards, but then I read this:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2457.msg20790#msg20790
Does this mean we can somehow self-modify the eye-fi card to work with ML? Does a1ex have some trick to make it work? This would be good news, as I would love to have both, ML and the eye-fi functionality.

Interesting - I have the same Eye-Fi card and haven't been able to get it to work in the 7D, but maybe it was because I'm running the ML firmware (which is awesome by the way, thanks guys, you're legends).

I have the adapter pictured in that thread on the Eye-Fi forum - I'll have a bit more of a play around and see what I can come up with...

:)

Lopo

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 16, 2013, 12:53:51 AM

Great news, then!

Does that mean a new Alpha in the near future, so we can test it?

Good work, no rushes.  ;)

g3gg0

well, yes. there will be a next alpha in the near future.
but there is no date yet, as it is done as spare time job and depending on workload in main job and in family,
i have some more or less time for it.

Akorn240

And we appreciate any time you give above and beyond the rest of your responsibilities to make ML magic happen. Thank you  ;D

PS: I am a Supporter, though that does not show. I am glad to be able to donate what I can for ML support.
Canon 7D

jphansen

Agree.. g3gg0 - you do hell of a job here..

Rock84

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 19, 2013, 12:39:48 PM
but there is no date yet, as it is done as spare time job and depending on workload in main job and in family,

Thanks for your work.

ArturoKiwi

Always thanks for your effort to our 7D.
Take your time for business and family ....... and when you can, don't forget us ;)  :P

hjulenissen

_iLiam

You are doing such an amazing job, and I'm sure there are many others watching this thread that aren't members, but are wanting to say thanks!

Can't wait for the new features!
| Canon 5D | Canon7D | 85mm f1.2 | 18-135mm | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 f4 | 28mm f2.8 |
www.liamnewman.co.uk

Lopo

Is there an option on ML to have image both in LV mode and in an external HDMI monitor? If not, could that be achieveble?

Thanx and keep up the good work.