Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feureau

Quote from: moemusic on March 05, 2013, 03:50:53 PM
I wish to get the "umlimited" recording time feature in the next alpha, cause i am making a lot of documentary stuff. (start new clip after 12 minutes automatic)

Auto start recording is already in the current alpha. Thought it takes a few second for it to start again so you get that cutoff.

moemusic

Oh, i tried it two or three times but it failed so i thought it would be a feature for the next alpha. I will try it once again. Hope i find something interesting to record for more than 12 minutes:-)

ted ramasola

Quote from: feureau on March 05, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
Auto start recording is already in the current alpha. Thought it takes a few second for it to start again so you get that cutoff.

I haven't tried the 7D alpha yet since thay haven't enabled it to autoboot. But I'd like to know, when you say the auto start recording takes "a few seconds" to start again, do you mean it takes longer than on the 5D? or just the same? I have the 5D with ML and it probably takes 1-2 seconds to restart. Is it about that or longer?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

juanmelchor

Hello! I've tried various settings but can not find the best. What is the best setting for a good quality video and little grain? I always work at 160, 320, 640, ISO with CBR or Canon default.

Lightages

I  tried my first use of BRamp tonight, and it has a bug, I think. I can do the BRamp setup once, but then the next time it fails with "bramp could not go to play mode" until I remove and reinstall ML. What is causing the problem and why?

P.S. I am a supporter but donated before I started my forum account and it doesn't show me as one.

golanster

hi
will there be an option for aperture/shutter/iso smooth change?

feureau

Quote from: golanster on March 07, 2013, 07:13:33 AM
hi
will there be an option for aperture/shutter/iso smooth change?

Probably not for aperture and shutter. But there's supposed to be smooth ISO ramping thingy isn't it?

golanster

Quote from: feureau on March 07, 2013, 11:41:21 AM
Probably not for aperture and shutter. But there's supposed to be smooth ISO ramping thingy isn't it?

i ment for video, not ramping, to change the iso/aperture/shutter while shooting and getting smooth transition and not "jumps" in the shot

a1ex

This doesn't work on 7D (same problem as with FPS override, image effects etc).

golanster

Quote from: a1ex on March 07, 2013, 12:25:59 PM
This doesn't work on 7D (same problem as with FPS override, image effects etc).

will it be possible in future release, or is it something that wont happen?
in v2.3 its working for other cameras?

a1ex

We are not very good at predicting the future ;)

feureau

Not sure if this has been reported or not but, can anyone confirm this:

With ML on, on video mode, if you zoom in, the exposure shifts about +1eV.

This is highly apparent on the highlights when using cinestyle. Set it so you have a large portion of the frame that almost clip the highlights. (set it so that you clip the highlights at 1x zoom, then go down until it doesn't clip) When you hit zoom, go to the highlights and it will clip.

Jansten

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 01, 2013, 10:40:54 PM
as said, there will be a next alpha soon.
there is no technical problem for a 7D autoexec.bat version without bitrate hacks anymore.

Is the waiting time over soon?  :D

Rock84

I Hope the New Version comes to eastern  :)

g3gg0

i hope too ;)

currently i am testing the new/changed features what effect they have on 7D and if their behavior is intended.
and there are a lot new features.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Rock84

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 10, 2013, 11:52:32 AM
i hope too ;)

currently i am testing the new/changed features what effect they have on 7D and if their behavior is intended.

That is a Great Message   :D

Jansten

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 10, 2013, 11:52:32 AM
i hope too ;)

Thanks for quick reply!
I,m very exited for the new alpha, hope Dot-tune AFMA will work on the 7D

canomax

Dear ML-team,

I'm now using ML onmy 7D also more and more for video. I'm very happy to find, that I can start video with a long-shutter-press so I can use it with a wireless remote-control. But the LCD-sceens stays always on. Is there a setting to switch-off the LCD-screen during video's? To make video's from e.g. birds via a remote-control and switched-off LCD will keep more battery-power left.

Regards
Gerd

thome

Hi @ all,

I am new here, tested the 7D Alpha 2 and try to give some feedback.
First of all: Thanks to the developers - you are doing a VERY good Job and ist so exciting to follow you.

To the things i found:
- Power consumption seems to be much greater then normal. I am no video guy, so I can just talk about the non-video part.
  Just going through all the menu items, looking at what you can do there  heats up the camera like NOTHING I have done before with it. It gets very warm in the area of the set-button to the Display and battery life during "menu surfing" is very bad.
- There is a bug with followfocus: turned on it is sometimes possible to move the "focus-field" instead of using follow focus with the multicontroller. Being able to move the field via "right-up / right-down / etc. could be intended. But using left/right/up/down it shouldn't.
- I found another strange thing but can't remember what I did, I will test some more the next days if I have the time.

Best regards!
thome

ajwickett

Hi -
Can you tell me if the audio controls from the unified magic lantern will be possible on the 7DML? The ability to manipulate analogue and digital gain...

thanks - great work.
Andrew

Jim Carswell

Hello Magic Lantern team and users,

Recently loaded to my 7D and really appreciate the hard work that is going in to developing this product.

I'm looking for some guidance. I am trying to monitor audio through headphones on my 7D with ML loaded. I'm using the USB to RCA cable that came with the camera- attaching that to an RCA to mini adaptor cable- plugging that into a Fiio headphone amplifier and plugging my headphones into the Fiio.

In addition, I have a Small HD DP4 hdmi monitor plugged into the camera as well.

I'm not getting any audio to the headphone whether in standby or when recording. I do see the audio meters when recording but not in standby.

Any help would be appreciated in solving my headphone issues.

Thanks and can't wait for the next update.

Jim

g3gg0

Quote from: Jim Carswell on March 11, 2013, 06:50:53 PM
I'm not getting any audio to the headphone whether in standby or when recording.
didnt try that, since i dont have such setup.

I do see the audio meters when recording but not in standby.
working as intended, see the alpha 2 thread.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

jphansen

Hello Magic Lantern team and users,

Recently loaded to my 7D and really appreciate the hard work that is going in to developing this product.

I'm looking for some guidance. I am trying to monitor audio through headphones on my 7D with ML loaded. I'm using the USB to RCA cable that came with the camera- attaching that to an RCA to mini adaptor cable- plugging that into a Fiio headphone amplifier and plugging my headphones into the Fiio.

In addition, I have a Small HD DP4 hdmi monitor plugged into the camera as well.

I'm not getting any audio to the headphone whether in standby or when recording. I do see the audio meters when recording but not in standby.

Any help would be appreciated in solving my headphone issues.

Thanks and can't wait for the next update.

Jim

I have never tried that way.. I have a JuiceLink.. Connecting my mic and headphone to the juiceLink and from the juiceLink to the cam.. Everything works that Way?

Jim Carswell

Thanks for the replies g3gg0 and jphansen.

jp- does your juicedlink set-up allow you to monitor what is actually being recorded by the camera?

I am feeding my audio through a Sound Devices 302 mixer. I can monitor at the mixer level but not the camera level. Two very different things.

g3gg0- I read on another site about the set up I detailed in my original post- that write up indicated it worked- which leads me to believe I am doing something wrong. I'll continue working at it.

Thanks again,
Jim

jphansen

Quote from: Jim Carswell on March 11, 2013, 10:51:15 PM
Thanks for the replies g3gg0 and jphansen.

jp- does your juicedlink set-up allow you to monitor what is actually being recorded by the camera?

I am feeding my audio through a Sound Devices 302 mixer. I can monitor at the mixer level but not the camera level. Two very different things.

g3gg0- I read on another site about the set up I detailed in my original post- that write up indicated it worked- which leads me to believe I am doing something wrong. I'll continue working at it.

Thanks again,
Jim

Its All about the level meter.. You cant trust the "true" level from output of the cam.. what if your earphones mess up the audio? To avoid noise you have to do it that way.. If You crank up the rec level in the cam you will get way too much noise :-/ in my setup I have the rec level i click from the lowest rec level on the camera - that way the juicelink boost the level up from the clean juicelink preamp And I get clean audio.. go see some Of the videos at juicelinks site.. There is a lot to learn from :-)