Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akorn240

Questions are not a problem here... ML is used for both. 
Canon 7D

chris bouk

...thank you...yes that's truth....but why nobody didn't upload a demo video about photography with ML on 7D cameras? I use more the photo mode than camera mode in mine, but I will install it because I like it a lot....I was just curious about that....
thank you for being patient...!!!

beej

Chris - read the ML docs on the website and you'll see what features are available for photography in ML...

markymark

Quote from: chris bouk on February 26, 2013, 11:22:42 PM
...thank you...yes that's truth....but why nobody didn't upload a demo video about photography with ML on 7D cameras? I use more the photo mode than camera mode in mine, but I will install it because I like it a lot....I was just curious about that....
thank you for being patient...!!!

I'm the same Chris in that I only use ML for the photography side of things I have never used ML on the video side and never will as I have
no interest in video. Using ML on the photography side of things is just great it has fantastic features which makes the 7D like a now camera, as beej says read the ML docs on the website to see what you are able to do  :).
Just a quick question to G3gg0 is it possible to have a cut down version that ONLY includes the stuff that is use on the photography side of things ?

a1ex

We can't make custom versions for every single user, but you can compile ML yourself and disable what you don't use. Or just hide these things from the menu (read the manual).

chris bouk

hey guys!!!!
I have been in ML with my 7D for a while....everything seems so beautiful and good! at the beginning I was a little bit afraid not to do something wrong but everything is so clear, so the possibilities to harm your camera is 0! I will do some tests recording with ramp focus etc tomorrow morning, (now n Greece is night and rains a lot) and I will report any bug (I hope no bugs) or misunderstood...
One question : why says that magic zoom doesn't work well with this video settings? I didn't any changes.....and in more when I'm on the screen while in live view is working fine....It's very pleasant also that you can switch from ML to Canon menus so easy....I'm sure I'm gonna love it!!!

markymark

Quote from: a1ex on February 27, 2013, 07:47:50 PM
We can't make custom versions for every single user, but you can compile ML yourself and disable what you don't use. Or just hide these things from the menu (read the manual).

Thanks for the info Alex  :)

feureau

Quote from: a1ex on February 27, 2013, 07:47:50 PM

Is there a config that I can use to set the default GOP and flush rate on the alpha 2? (As I understand it, we can't compile 7D ML yet)

Thanks

chris bouk

good morning from Greece...
ML is wonderful, I really enjoy scrolling the menu and find out news.....
one question in more because I couldn't find out what does it mean....what is the T154 (the number is in case) which stands aside the Picture Profile on my main screen...I didn't found any explanation on the documentations, can you help me?
thank's in advance!

feureau

I never seen that before... Can you get a pic of the screen with the T154?

xmd5a

It is a CMOS temperature in some units.

pabloflat

Hello I am using ML in my 7D, and battery life during video recording is less unlike when not using ML, is this normal?

g3gg0

it is very unlikely that your camera consumes more power when using magic lantern.
although the consumption will be higher if you enabled bit rate hacks and flushing rate etc,
it should not be that high hat you will notice it.

can you please measure the recording time with and without magic lantern and tell us?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

edgardave

Quote from: feureau on February 06, 2013, 06:00:35 AM
On that note, it seems the 7D development is not going forward as frenzy as the other ones anymore. (5D3, 6D, EOS-M) You see a lot of updates on the threads and bitbucket for those, but rarely on the 7D anymore. It's not even on nightly build.

With g3gg0 stating that there are no further plans and no news, I wonder if it's going back into hibernation like before?

But still, I'm saying this just out of curiosity and because I love the whole ML on 7D thing. No pressure to the devs or anything. There is one thing I have to say on the whole ML thing though: ML availability has become one of the top concerns on choosing future canon bodies for me. I most likely won't buy any more canon bodies that hasn't been properly ML'd. It's that important, and I'm really grateful for all the work done.

agreed 100%
i have often thought about selling the 7d body and getting a 60d instead. but i love the 7d... especially with ML on it
g3gg0... what are the chances of an alpha that doesn't need installing each time? (or is that a beta?) i thought there was an issue (copywrite?) with the 7d bootflag? has that been resolved?

thanks
dave

g3gg0

as said, there will be a next alpha soon.
there is no technical problem for a 7D autoexec.bat version without bitrate hacks anymore.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Etaoin Shrdlu

<first post> g3gg0 - does that mean that the next alpha version will be self-booting?

g3gg0

not yet, sorry. this would mean, you will lose bitrate changing possibilities.

Jansten

Hello
Will the alpha 3 for 7d inklude the new implented auto microtune adjustment?
I mainly use ML for photo

Great work!!  :)

feureau

auto microtune adjustment?

Do you mean, lens microadjustment? (this is already available by default canon firmware)

feureau

Quote from: g3gg0 on March 02, 2013, 09:53:35 AM
not yet, sorry. this would mean, you will lose bitrate changing possibilities.

Will there be abilities to save bitrate settings on this next alpha?

And flush up to 60 for ability to record audio with custom bitrate at 720p60?

Any news on the DOF preview toggle when not shooting in liveview? (to maintain max 8fps thing)

Thanks for all the hard work, g3gg0. :D

Jansten

Do you mean, lens microadjustment? (this is already available by default canon firmware)

I know but I meant the new Dot-Tune AFMA

Yes is it  a lens microadjustment Tool

Jansten

Quote from: feureau on March 02, 2013, 04:19:19 PM

I know but I meant the new Dot-Tune AFMA

Yes is it  a lens microadjustment Tool!

feureau

Been watching the ML bitbucket feed. Looks like Dot Tune AFMA is enabled on the 7D now. Hopefully it'll make it to the next alpha.

Jansten

I promised my self not pushing the developent, but now with the Dot- tune inside i,m not so relax person that i thougt  was:)
Please get us the new alpha 3 soon as possible.... The bitrate and other video trouble is'n a issue for me.  Do Solving that for the next/ alpha/beta :)

moemusic

I wish to get the "umlimited" recording time feature in the next alpha, cause i am making a lot of documentary stuff. (start new clip after 12 minutes automatic). And is there a way to get cleaner Audio like on the 600d? i think theres to much noise in my microphone jack:-0

A big thanks to all who are working on this piece of magic!
Maurice