ted ramasola

Any hope for having HDR video soon?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

feureau

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 06, 2013, 10:52:16 AM
Any hope for having HDR video soon?

If I'm reading the repo push/pull right, they fixed the thingy that's making it not work. So, you can either compile your own firmware right now, or wait for the next alpha(/beta?) for this.

I've been trying to set up my machine to compile the firmware following that instruction thingy. I think I've just beginning to understand what I was supposed to do in the first line.

Btw, the whole firmware is written in C, right?

g3gg0

its all in C, yes.
HDR video on 7D is not possible yet. sorry.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

feureau

arrinkiiii

Quote from: g3gg0 on January 06, 2013, 09:05:19 AM
fps patching is basically working, but crashing after some time for unknown reason.
so its useless for now.

as the most important stuff is in alpha 2 already, i am focusing on infrastructural things.

Yes =)) All good for me.  Fps and HDR video will be very nice features, indeed. Im from the time of basic and pascal language (dinosaur times) and im trying to understand how this work but usseless, can't understand, wood like to help more the team.

Let se, wen i hit the rec button i start to record, the information pass to the codec that compress this information and then go to the card to record... my question is, is not more less processor work if go's directly to the out put (HDMI) with out compressing? And with external recorder record that information? Any ways, for sure if not exist this function is because its not possible and i believe you gays.

I want to help but its like having my hands tight. Tell me if a can do anything more. Im from Portugal, i dont own a 7D it's from my boss that he let me work with. If we now that im putting Magic Lantern in is 7D is just going fire me (hihihi) but i dont care, Magic Lantern have change the game, have change the work,  have change the mind of people... in resume, it have change the path of  mankind in the video and photography world. (sorry go so philosophic but is not everything about machines but also so about society. And here is a example of anti-capitalism, with out greedy, and every one's works together in one direction.

Thanks again to Trammell Hudson, Al3x and all the team behind this community and especial thanks to you, to G3gg0. For work in the 7D.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on January 06, 2013, 11:03:31 AM
If I'm reading the repo push/pull right, they fixed the thingy that's making it not work. So, you can either compile your own firmware right now, or wait for the next alpha(/beta?) for this.

I've been trying to set up my machine to compile the firmware following that instruction thingy. I think I've just beginning to understand what I was supposed to do in the first line.

Btw, the whole firmware is written in C, right?

Hi Feureau, how you can do that? Making a new firmware for your 7D for the fps override?

Best regards

g3gg0

you can not do it at the moment. sorry.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

feureau

Quote from: arrinkiiii on January 06, 2013, 02:56:03 PM
Hi Feureau, how you can do that? Making a new firmware for your 7D for the fps override?

Best regards

I'm just following the set up your computer for ml development thread. I'm not doing anything with the firmware, just trying to compile it for fun. For the fps override, you'd have to wait until the wizards do their thing with the thingamajig.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: feureau on January 06, 2013, 05:03:40 PM

I'm just following the set up your computer for ml development thread. I'm not doing anything with the firmware, just trying to compile it for fun. For the fps override, you'd have to wait until the wizards do their thing with the thingamajig.

ok, thanks, i will wait for next version of ML. Meanwhile im making some clips and testing the alfa2, for what i know to change and work in this new version everything is alright. One thing that im not testing is the bitrate... Im reading for understand better, for wend i make some changes i know what im doing...

_7D_

Hi!

I`ve seen a new download for the 7D on https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/downloads. This version was uploaded a few minutes ago. What´s new? Is this the "old" version (Alpha 2 from December) with a few bugfixes? That would be very nice!

Greets

g3gg0

_7D_

Ah okay, thanks... I only thought because of the "7 minutes ago" and "0 Downloads"...

ricksieminski

"Audio tags"
How do you get to the Audio tags?  I can't find it anywhere?  This would be an awesome feature.

ricksieminski

I found it under Audio/Sound Recorder/Voice Tags
But it only works if you have quick review enabled, and only good directly after you take the image.  It would be great if you could tag them after you've already taken all your images and your reviewing them all.

Don't get me wrong, this has opend up my 7D, and I feel as though I have a new camera.

g3gg0

nice to hear. but thats not a 7D specific wish.
so the right forum is "feature requests".

scrax

Quote from: ricksieminski on January 13, 2013, 08:31:04 PM
I found it under Audio/Sound Recorder/Voice Tags
But it only works if you have quick review enabled, and only good directly after you take the image.  It would be great if you could tag them after you've already taken all your images and your reviewing them all.

Don't get me wrong, this has opend up my 7D, and I feel as though I have a new camera.
I've asked for that too, the problem is to find a way to know wich pic is show in play mode.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

madebysander

i don't know if this is a bug.
when i shoot HDR 9 frames and i use live view the camera isn't taking the 9th picture.
happend a couple of times know. with live view of no problems

best regards sander

SonicScot

Quote from: madebysander on January 15, 2013, 11:11:01 AM
i don't know if this is a bug.
when i shoot HDR 9 frames and i use live view the camera isn't taking the 9th picture.
happend a couple of times know. with live view of no problems

best regards sander
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the idea of ML HDR was that the software analyses the scene from the first exposure and then takes however many shots are required to capture the entire dynamic range. I don't think there is a hard and fast number of exposures it will take every time.
I tried it yesterday inside a house and it refused to take more than three exposures because that was all the scene needed.

Again, I could be wrong though.  ;)

(btw I like your HDR work, nice style you have there)
5D Mark ll with ML 2.3
7D with ML Alpha2
Couple of L lenses and lots of old, manual lenses.

g3gg0

this is when you set "Auto" frames.
then ML will check the dynamic range and continue shooting as long we lost dynamic.

can you tell me the exact settings and way to reproduce?

madebysander

g3gg0

well, i talked about ML settings.
i could not reproduce the problem. i always get 9 images if i set it to 9

Taki

Hello :)

i'm sorry to say this but.... your work is  a m a z i n g!

Thanks g3gg0!!!!!

I can't wait to test more functions, and I hope you're havin fun with your brand new IDA licenses ;D

And btw, haven't found any bug or glitch yet.
I maybe noticed a little more heat produced by the CPU (CF card is hotter than usual when removing it), especially with liveview or videos.

:-*

Mare

First of all
g3gg0 and the ML Team THANK YOU for all the work on 7D.

I have two minor reports - questions:

1. in Movie settings, REC/STBY notif: beeps - video is recording, but no sound recording (is it possible to turn mike on)
2. when focus ring is used for triggering magic zoom - nothing happens
(tested with Canon 50mm f1,4 USM)

Keep On Rockin'

g3gg0

Quote from: Mare on January 17, 2013, 11:39:58 PM
1. in Movie settings, REC/STBY notif: beeps - video is recording, but no sound recording (is it possible to turn mike on)
2. when focus ring is used for triggering magic zoom - nothing happens
(tested with Canon 50mm f1,4 USM)

1) i dont understand this. what beeps?
2) this is dependent on the lens. some report focusing changes, some not iirc.

Mare

Hi

Under menu Movie is REC/STBY notification, option "beeps" (at start and the end of recording is short sound like beep).
Works fine, but there is no sound recording.

I hope that helps.

Best regards