[HARDWARE PROBLEM - POWER SUPPLY] Canon 5D mark ii died

Started by woodysg1, December 23, 2012, 04:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodysg1

Need help in troubleshooting please. I have a Canon 5D Mark II. I have the latest version of ML. When I was formatting, I think I may have somehow stopped it in the process. I was shooting video. I knew I was running out of space available on the card so I changed out another card with ML on it. Then when I went to change the battery, I noticed it would not turn on. Now, I'm at a loss as to how to solve this little puzzle. I'm new to the board and went looking to see if this problem was posted elsewhere but couldn't find one. Is anyone able to help me with this? Is there other things I made need present to anyone here to help me? Sure picked the wrong time to die. My friend was a blues player who passed away and tonight all the local musicians gathered to play for a proper send off.
have a great holiday season
My name is woody, 58 years of age and otherwise happy....except for this blasted camer....well you know. :-)
Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.

-Bern Williams

Malcolm Debono

Do you have any cards that do not contain ML? If so, try inserting that card (without ML) and then insert the battery, and see if that turns on your camera. Also, did you try turning the camera on without any cards inserted?
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

g3gg0

does your camera start without any CF card inserted?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

woodysg1

I've tried all of the above now and still no joy. Calling Canon sounds like the next option right? Thanks for the help! :)

-Bern Williams

Spirik

Whoa! woodysg1, your problem looks a lot like mine! Can you get us informed of whatever Canon support will tell you?

g3gg0

does the camera led blink when closing card door?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

woodysg1

At first, Canon just had me remove the date/time battery. They said if that didn't work, it would need service. I shipped it the 24th, they had it the 26th. Power supply was all they said. They shipped it back the 27th and I'm now holding my baby again on the last day of 2012.  :) . Now on to some shooting!!!

@ g3gg0 --no. no power what so ever.
Happy New Year all!!!

-Bern Williams

g3gg0

ok glad to hear that your cam has been repaired.
the PS often dies. read that 4 times now here.

was it within warranty? if not, how much was the repair?

woodysg1

No warranty g3gg0. Got it in 2009. Cost me 100 to insure and ship overnight. $214 for repair and 14 for 2 day return. Not bad really.  :)

-Bern Williams