Bulb timer night shoot

Started by Anton2707, December 18, 2012, 10:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton2707

Exposure is 179sec, ML once again helped me... :)

Yalta by Ant2707, on Flickr

nbenadom

what type of lens and f-stop did you use?
Regards,

Noel

Anton2707

This is canon 18-55 IS II (I like it), and sharpness appeture for him a f8...  ;)

nbenadom

thanks for the info. the pic looks good.
Regards,

Noel

Anton2707

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: Anton2707 on December 18, 2012, 10:51:51 PM

Hi Anton !  Happy New Year! You have a nice picture there; saw it on this New Year day and it was a Greeting Card for me !  Can you pl explain the step-by-step ML MENU settings, so that I can try a similar shot?  I have 60d and haven't bought the remote trigger: Will ML do the job of a `Remote Trigger'?

Anton2707

Hello, and you a happy new year!
ML can do everything (only no coffee make)...
To make the bulb exposure you need to go to the menu section ML "shoot" and chose "bulb timer". Press "Q" button, this will bring up a menu where you need to set the required exposure time (changing depending on the scene). After changing exposure time press "Q" button, and press "SET", this is made on bulb timer mode.
Set your camera in manual mode, setup f stop, and change exposure time to bulb (is after 30 seconds). You must focusing to the object before change "on" bulb mode and change "off" autofocus. Now put the camera on a tripod (if it is not there (tripod on the tripod is unstable thing ;D)), and press the shutter button halfway and hold a few seconds, the camera will start the self-timer, and shoot.
I very bad explain on english, have any questions, ask ;)

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: Anton2707 on January 01, 2013, 01:09:41 PM
Hello, and you a happy new year!
ML can do everything (only no coffee make)...
To make the bulb exposure you need to go to the menu section ML "shoot" and chose "bulb timer". Press "Q" button, this will bring up a menu where you need to set the required exposure time (changing depending on the scene). After changing exposure time press "Q" button, and press "SET", this is made on bulb timer mode.
Set your camera in manual mode, setup f stop, and change exposure time to bulb (is after 30 seconds). You must focusing to the object before change "on" bulb mode and change "off" autofocus. Now put the camera on a tripod (if it is not there (tripod on the tripod is unstable thing ;D)), and press the shutter button halfway and hold a few seconds, the camera will start the self-timer, and shoot.
I very bad explain on english, have any questions, ask ;)

Thank you friend; but I am sorry, I couldn't follow completely.  Let's take a simple example at home - I want to bulb-shoot `water coming to boil'.  So, I put a pot of water on the stove to boil... and;

(1) Go to ML MENU - Shoot >Bulb Timer >Press `Q'> Set Exposure-Time (Say 3 seconds >Press `Q' > press SET.

(2) Then ON THE CAMERA - I go to MANUAL MODE > Turn `off' AF and Manual Focus on the object > set `f' stop say f-11

(3) I couldn't understand the steps afterwards - i.e. changing exposure time to BULB (i.e.after 30 seconds) etc.  Should I also have to set the `self-timer' to start the `click'?  Please explain

Could you please explain?

scrax

Quote from: mr.vijayaraghavan on January 02, 2013, 02:44:56 PM
Thank you friend; but I am sorry, I couldn't follow completely.  Let's take a simple example at home - I want to bulb-shoot `water coming to boil'.  So, I put a pot of water on the stove to boil... and;

(1) Go to ML MENU - Shoot >Bulb Timer >Press `Q'> Set Exposure-Time (Say 3 seconds >Press `Q' > press SET.

(2) Then ON THE CAMERA - I go to MANUAL MODE > Turn `off' AF and Manual Focus on the object > set `f' stop say f-11

(3) I couldn't understand the steps afterwards - i.e. changing exposure time to BULB (i.e.after 30 seconds) etc.  Should I also have to set the `self-timer' to start the `click'?  Please explain

Could you please explain?

Why will you use bulb mode for 3 sec exposure?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Anton2707

bulb timer relevant to exposure of more than 30 seconds...
To activate bulb mode on camera you need change exposure towards increasing the exposure time to 30 sec, and position after 30 sec is a bulb mode.

IGOROTAK

Quote from: Anton2707 on December 18, 2012, 10:51:51 PM

thanks for sharing.
Canon 600D

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: Anton2707 on January 02, 2013, 10:54:21 PM
bulb timer relevant to exposure of more than 30 seconds...
To activate bulb mode on camera you need change exposure towards increasing the exposure time to 30 sec, and position after 30 sec is a bulb mode.

OK ...thanks!  Got a bit mixed-up with Bulb and Time lapse!  My fault.  Got what you said; thanks once again