Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virginie

Quote from: keepersdungeon on May 17, 2015, 12:31:13 PM
The latest nightly ML builds for 6D are for firmware 1.1.3 so if u wanna use it u need to downgrade ur firmware. Just Follow the instructions here
https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
Sorry, as I said I'm new to ML. What's  nightly ML builds? Is it something more than the regular ML?

Licaon_Kter

The *regular* ML is now the latest nightly.
The older called stable ML is stuck on 2.3 and no longer updated.

Virginie

So I can download the latest version of ML and try it on my 6D?

Licaon_Kter

ddelreal

Any reason Crop Marks don't work in MLV mode?

Walter Schulz

Yes, because MLV default settings (press "Q") have Global Draw disabled.

ddelreal

Ah yes, sorry - rookie mistake...

otekki

Seems people are currently testing ML on 1.1.6 and not reporting any major problems. I'm still using 1.1.3 but tempted to upgrade firmware and reinstall ML
Canon 6D / 24-105mm L / 50mm 1.8
Video Producer.

Lazyfuxker

Sorry, I have some question for the latest build_magiclantern-Nightly.2015May03.6D113.zip

I bought new sd card and install the lastest ML version for 6D
After that, I can't find audio setting in the menu.
how to set input source? I want to set int for left channel & ext for right channel
Can I adjust audio level when I recording?
And how to turn on/off audio monitoring through with headphones?

Thank you so much!!

Walter Schulz

Lazyfuxker

Really? This is a bad new about that.
I installed an unofficial ver few years ago, it still have that function.
Should I copy the file from the other sd card(the old one)? Does it work?

Dwarf

Hello Guys,

I'm new in Magic Lantern and I just read a lot of the discussions on the forum and installed the latest nightly build on my canon 6D.113.
The installation went well but it seems like there are a lot of options that are grayed and then not activated, like Magic Zoom for example. I checked in the /#/features page and it is supposed to be working, did I miss something or is that just the current state while the build for 116 is at work ?

I've read the thing on the info button, tried to hit the info button many times in different configurations but did not found how to make it work.

Thanks a lot for your help and for all the fantastic work you do

==>> Update: Solved, I finally understood what was required to make it work, global draw was off... sorry
But anyway, thanks again for all your work

paulleavitt

Is there a particular reason why the 6D menu doesn't have an audio panel?

Levas

Probably time shortage and or incompatibility with the current ML builds.

If you download very old nightly builds from about end 2013, begin 2014 there's audio controls.

But actually I don't know what you guys are missing, there's audio controls in the Canon menu, 6d has manual audio controls by factory default, no need to hack...
I set the audio manually in the canon menu and record raw MLV's with sound perfectly.

paulleavitt

Really? Huh, I wonder why it got pulled.
The two main features I'd like are individual gain control of L and R channels from an external mic, and the ability to monitor audio through the mini usb (via an adapter cable), both of which are features on my 60D's ML audio menu.
Is there a way that I can help with the advancement of the 6D's ML version? I know nothing about the coding, but I have the camera, and if there was a way that I could run tests for the developers, I'd be more than happy to do so.

Levas

I don't know anything about coding. I've also have know idea why it's removed?

Maybe you can ask in this topic if they can compile a 6d build for you with the audio controls in it, so you can test if it works or not ?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12608.0

NunoCaldeira

hi, is the FPS OVERRIDE feature available on the 6D (i have checked this and looks like https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features )? i use to use it a lot on my 550D, but cant seem to get it to work properly on the 6D. i only get, for instance, 3fps on the liveview not on the recorded. also the images doesnt blow up (i use ND filters ) when i turn the feature and return to liveview. any tips? Do i have any other option on the official firmware or on ML that i have to disable?

keepersdungeon

I realized something when I active fps overrides and change them, when I go back to the LV the display is all squared colors and bizarre. I need to turn of the cam then back on so LV works. It's that a know bug? Is it dangerous?

NunoCaldeira

Yes, that happens to me too, it turns into green and magenta.. Even disabling the fps override it continues to show up on the live view and only restarting the camera it goes normal. Can anyone besides me and this user confirm? Think it's a bug on the latest nightly build. As I mentioned I used to fps override a lot on the 550D and I have the exact same settings on the 6d and this error is persistent.

keepersdungeon

New to raw videos Can anyone help with the pink and green stripes and pixels on moire and aliasing, while filming with raw?
Tried raw2cdng, mlrawviewer, and magiclantern raw 1.2 and nothing seemed to work.
And is there a way to lower the moire and aliasing? Other than cropping x5.
Thanks

Levas

The amount of moire is, besides the camera, influenced by the demosaicing of the raw developer you're using.

I use RawTherapee, it's a free photo editing program that let's you choose between different demosaicing techniques.
I load the DNG's in RawTherapee, edit them and output them as TIFF.
The "LMMSE" demosaising works best for e to keept moire and aliasing to a minimum.
The TIFF sequence can be loaded in many video editors for further editing.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levas on May 31, 2015, 06:03:16 PM
The amount of moire is, besides the camera, influenced by the demosaicing of the raw developer you're using.

I use RawTherapee, it's a free photo editing program that let's you choose between different demosaicing techniques.
I load the DNG's in RawTherapee, edit them and output them as TIFF.
The "LMMSE" demosaising works best for e to keept moire and aliasing to a minimum.
The TIFF sequence can be loaded in many video editors for further editing.
Ok thanks I'll give it a try now.
And is it better to use mlv than raw? Or it's the same just with Metadata and sound

Levas

Raw or mlv doesn't matter, if you don't need the sound or metadata.
Although some lensmetadata can be used in RawTherapee to fix lens stuff like vignetting or chroma

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levas on May 31, 2015, 10:04:28 PM
Raw or mlv doesn't matter, if you don't need the sound or metadata.
Although some lensmetadata can be used in RawTherapee to fix lens stuff like vignetting or chroma
Alright thanks a lot levas

SuperMouseDV

Again I have had the dreaded please initialize this card to use with this card with this camera screen show up after a shoot while using magic lantern. It did it only on one camera this time which was a pny memory chip. And again I opened up disk utilities and hit repair disk and recovered the footage. It was an one hour record.