Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grey

As i know, only 5D3 have normal HDMI. And only 5D3 capture real Full HD image from sensor. May be because of need to resize or interpolate image we do't have normal image from HDMI on 6D and others.

jackmoro

Just in case, if you didn't know/check yet -  in latest build, alex while fixing raw offset (it works, thanx) made possible (probabaly as side effect) to shot raw with slightly bigger horizontal resoluiton. It's 1824 (was 1792) now :)

SuperMouseDV

Grey thanks for that I do say ml makes HDMI Output bigger than stock by a lot and believe me I'm super grateful.

JLL

Update on 1.1.6 port

EDIT: bit of progress, the problem I'm having is actually elsewhere. I disabled CONFIG_CRASH_LOG and it doesn't crash anymore so I guess I'm missing some more stubs.
However, the while loop still doesn't go through. Will keep digging.

I kind of tracked down the source of my black screen.

Basically, my port runs fine until the line below in boot-hack.c
The way I "confirmed" the code to be running fine until here is by adding calls to info_led_blink() at several points during boot.
The led blinks fine and I can even take pictures (top lcd working, viewfinder info working, no back lcd).
However, once I reach this line, the camera either simply doesn't turn on, or if I turn it on quickly enough and try to take a picture, it will freeze (err 80 on top lcd)

// wait for firmware to initialize
    while (!bmp_vram_raw()) msleep(100);

I have found bmp_vram_info to be 0x9bc98 on 1.1.6, according to the references I found for 1.1.3 and matched the code with the dump on 1.1.6

On 1.1.3, there are two references to the bmp_vram_info address (0x9bc78) when searching for SetBitmapVramAddress

ff13a134: e28f2e2d add r2, pc, #720 ; ff13a40c: (42746553)  *"SetBitmapVramAddress BitmapAddr:%#08x"
[snip]
ff13a148: e59f42e4 ldr r4, [pc, #740] ; ff13a434: (0009bc78)

"SetBitmapVramAddress BitmapAddr:%#08x":
ff13a40c: 42746553 rsbsmi r6, r4, #348127232 ; 0x14c00000
ff13a410: 616d7469 cmnvs sp, r9, ror #8
[snip]
ff13a430: 00000078 andeq r0, r0, r8, ror r0
ff13a434: 0009bc78 andeq fp, r9, r8, ror ip

On 1.1.6:
ff13a12c: e28f2e2d add r2, pc, #720 ; ff13a404: (42746553)  *"SetBitmapVramAddress BitmapAddr:%#08x"
[snip]
ff13a140: e59f42e4 ldr r4, [pc, #740] ; ff13a42c: (0009bc98)

"SetBitmapVramAddress BitmapAddr:%#08x":
ff13a404: 42746553 rsbsmi r6, r4, #348127232 ; 0x14c00000
ff13a408: 616d7469 cmnvs sp, r9, ror #8
[snip]
ff13a428: 00000078 andeq r0, r0, r8, ror r0
ff13a42c: 0009bc98 muleq r9, r8, ip

So I am not sure why the while() loop is making the camera crash.

Any ideas ?

keepersdungeon

Auto ETTR bug:
When I zoom and try to use the ettr, iso and shutter speed get stuck to max values and they won't adjust until u go back to the wides angle of ur lens and turn off ettr, turn off the cam, then take a pic without the ettr on and then reactivate it.

manojrai11

Hi, i updated firmware version 1.1.6 in Canon 6D.
Now how i install the older firmware version 1.1.3 to  install Magic lantern Please HELP

Thanks

Walter Schulz

Read first post. Downgrade to 1.1.3

sgofferj

Found the crop mode hangup. Not the post but... If you press the zoom button while recording, the 6D will freeze and you need to pull the batteries.
18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

sgofferj

Nope, in h.264 it simply ignores the zoom button.

Edit: It would be very cool (and helpful) if it was possible to cycle through the zoom modes in crop mode without leaving crop mode, so one could switch e.g. between 1x for framing and 10x for focus verification back and forth.
18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

Walter Schulz

supermatth

So I like the idea of a nice firmware but is there a list of the things this firmware can do compared to the standard firmware?

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ

supermatth

Thanks, I don't see anything specific to features like able to shoot HDR in Raw mode on 6d for example.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> Features
The list is generated by a robot and esp. Dual-ISO doesn't tell all things to tell.
But the only cams *not* supporting Dual-ISO in RAW/MLV are 50D and 7D. Supported in photo mode, though.

NunoCaldeira

hi, im having a doubt, if someone can help me out i would appreciate.
Been a ML user for 2 years with my 550D. I just upgraded to a 6D, i installed the latest nightly build and it ran fine, managed to use all the function...except Focus Peak and Zebra (both in liveview and on review mode). Yes i hae enable Global Draw. Any tips to sort this out?

Walter Schulz

Press Info button several times to toggle screens.

NunoCaldeira

done that already. dont understand why it isnt working

Walter Schulz

Set ML default options, restart and try again. Prefs -> Config files -> Restore ML default.

SuperMouseDV

Last revision has caused an interesting error to occur on both of my canon 6D cameras. When idle and having a mic input it keeps switching between mic connected to mic disconnected. If I hit record it locks up (does this to both cameras ) and stays that way till I pull the mic input. Any suggestions. (External source was a Tascam dr 60 and a dr 40. From XLR source)sorry ment to mention this only happens on power (cheap $18 psu amazon units) not on battery

NunoCaldeira

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 22, 2015, 02:42:57 AM
Set ML default options, restart and try again. Prefs -> Config files -> Restore ML default.
done it and it still doesnt work. neither does most of the OVERLAY functions. the only one that works is CROPMARKS.
any tips to sort this out?

Walter Schulz

Best to start from scratch.
Delete ML directory, delete Autoexec.bin and copy extracted nightly contents to card. Results?

NunoCaldeira

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 22, 2015, 09:12:00 PM
Best to start from scratch.
Delete ML directory, delete Autoexec.bin and copy extracted nightly contents to card. Results?
just tried it and still not working.
when i go to canon menus on the firmware it says: "vers. firmware: 1.1.3". shouldnt be a ML nightly build there? At least on my 550D it shows.
I have the canon language set to portuguese. does it matter?
I dont understand why it isnt working...all the other options work like "EXPOSURE ADJUST"...but not the OVERLAY options.
also whats this file on the nigthly build zip "ML-6D113.FIR"?

a1ex

Pick an option that doesn't work and read its help text aloud (paste it here).