Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgofferj

@Sirup:

I would suppose that Walter meant that the 6D can shoot in 4K, it can shoot raw and it can shoot at 24/40fps, just not all at the same time.
If you use the intervallometer, you can perfectly well shoot a timelapse video in 4K/raw, just not 24/30fps real time. You can also perfectly well shoot in 24/30fps and in raw, just not 4K.
Only when you want to do everything at the same time, i.e. shoot 4K/raw at 24/30fps, you get into problems because the 6D's hardware simply can't do that.
18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

keepersdungeon

Quote from: sgofferj on March 06, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Motion detection only seems to work by exposure. When I choose "difference", the detection box in LV is black and ML never detects any motion.

Besides, how important is the temperature? I had my 6D on a tripod aiming at the bird feeder with motion detection on and after about an hour, ML showed 60°C temp on a red background. I shut the camera down - just to be on the safe side... Any idea what kind of temperature the 6D can tolerate for how long?
Tested Motion detection, it works fine with me.
But I agree with the temperature. It heats up very fast.

SuperMouseDV

Dumb question is there a way to change the temp to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius?

Walter Schulz

Seems to got lost in transition.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6684.msg53969#msg53969
If this will be implemented again I strongly suggest switching has to convert color temperature into Fahrenheit, too!

By the way: What about an April Fools' Day build? Temperature in Delisle scale, Discordian calendar, focal length in au, focus distance in fathom ...

keepersdungeon

Quote from: keepersdungeon on March 06, 2015, 05:04:21 PM
Tested Motion detection, it works fine with me.
But I agree with the temperature. It heats up very fast.
My bad u were right motion detection only seems to be working with by exposure.
And I realize also that when u do an auto wb, the color display aren't the same as the pics u take , u need to switch to video mode then switch back to have the correct color image display.
Anyone having that problem?
Quote from: sgofferj on March 06, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Motion detection only seems to work by exposure. When I choose "difference", the detection box in LV is black and ML never detects any motion.

Besides, how important is the temperature? I had my 6D on a tripod aiming at the bird feeder with motion detection on and after about an hour, ML showed 60°C temp on a red background. I shut the camera down - just to be on the safe side... Any idea what kind of temperature the 6D can tolerate for how long?

Levas

We don't know for sure if the temperature showed on 6d is accurate  :-\

From the topic "Want to help with development, without having to code?"
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12657.0

Accurate temperature reporting

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9673.0

Cameras tested up to now

1100D by dmilligan
5D3 by RenatoPhoto, alex
50D by ayshih
60D by dmilligan
600D by escho
650D by Walter Schulz
7D by Walter Schulz, RenatoPhoto

If you have a camera that is not on the above list, feel free to help test.  Confirming previous results is always useful too!

schedonnardus

Quotep.s.
The disappearing menu is a common bug, i't there to stay and we LOVE it! :D

so what causes this "bug?" I'm still running the March 23 2014 build (i only use ETTR, DualISO, Intervalometer, motion detect, and overlay, so i haven't bothered to upgrade) and the ML menu screen stays on forever.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: schedonnardus on March 08, 2015, 07:22:32 PM
so what causes this "bug?" I'm still running the March 23 2014 build (i only use ETTR, DualISO, Intervalometer, motion detect, and overlay, so i haven't bothered to upgrade) and the ML menu screen stays on forever.
The menu disappears only when U're in LV

schedonnardus

redcore

Hello guys,
ML runs very well so far, but I have two questions. I really tried to google them but without any success.

1 How can I enter LiveView? The default LV button doesn't work for me since I have installed ML. Has ML set some other button for LV?
2. Is there "Bulb Ramp" setting in ML for Canon 6D please? Couldn't find it even in modules.

Thanks in advance!

keepersdungeon

Quote from: redcore on March 08, 2015, 10:57:14 PM
Hello guys,
ML runs very well so far, but I have two questions. I really tried to google them but without any success.

1 How can I enter LiveView? The default LV button doesn't work for me since I have installed ML. Has ML set some other button for LV?32
2. Is there "Bulb Ramp" setting in ML for Canon 6D please? Couldn't find it even in modules.
1- when u enter the normal LV press info to change to display to ML

redcore

THe problem is that I can not enter LV at all :-/
The default LV button just doesn't work.

keepersdungeon

Oh that's weird, it's working fine with me. I'm using ML nightly build from March 02 with firmware 1.1.3. Try removing it completely and reinstalling it

redcore

would you be so kind and provide a link so i can make sure i use the very same build please?
thanks!

keepersdungeon

U can find it here
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

It's the latest build for the 6d and there's also a link for the firmware

redcore

thanks!
hmmm..LV is working now...no idea what was wrong but hey..all is good now :-)

redcore

Can someone confirm that "Bulb Ramp" is missing in ML on Canon 6D?

grey

Why in raw video module, and MLV too, disabled recording at full resolution of sensor (1824 px)? But if i push the zoom button once, and camera display 1x indicator, recording at 1824 enables. Unfortunately in this case actual framing(2.35:1) is not displayed.

JLL

Update on 116 support

I managed to make good progress. I can now boot into ML and take pictures, however back LCD screen is still not operational (I think the GUI task address hack is correct though).
More info here

Will continue debugging later this week.

dreamsaremaps

Sorry if this isn't the place, I've been reading this forum for the last 6 hours and it's dizzying. I have so many tabs open I'm not even sure where I am right now. I've known about ML for years but am about to give it my first try. I just wanted to thank all the devs and the users that offer (actual) help (even though I'm not). I can see how absolutely maddening working on these projects must be. I applaud you but do not envy you for all the completely insane questions and requests you get. Seriously, you guys are awesome. We should all be cleaning your toilets or something for all the effort you put in and shit you have to deal with. I'm in awe. Thank you.

I'm going to go be blind now. oww

grey

Quote from: Frank7D on March 09, 2015, 05:40:39 PM
@ grey:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5441.0

You misunderstand me. I know how to record in crop mode. Just try all my steps, and you will see what i mean.

sgofferj

Crop mode works on the 6D?
18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

grey