Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erox76

Quote from: Apon on June 26, 2014, 12:49:09 PM
Hi erox76 and a1ex,
I dont know what is I am missing.
1. There is no such build with the name of Date: 2014-05-21 18:37:47 -0400.
2. I looked very heard and didnt found any build with extension of -0400, sorry.
3. Closest and latest build I have downloaded Date: 2014-05-22 04:37:47 +0600 and Date: 2014-05-21 04:37:48 +0600. I have tried both.
4. I followed the steps as a1ex wrote in the beginning of this post.
a) format my card in my camera
b) insert card in my Mac.
c) Copied all the files (2 files+1 folder) from the build.
d) inserted the card into my camera
e) update firmware. Green menu as a1ex shown apperad on the screen. wait for 30 secs according to the screen instruction
f) restart camera
g) hit the trash button.

Nothing happened.

I have tried with both the builds. But it was same result all the time.

Am I doing something wrong?

My card : scan disk extreme 45MB/s, class 10 , 32 GB
My laptop : MacPro
Camera : 6D

Please help me I need to be success to install this.

Best reagrds.

Apon
are you sure your selecting 6D from the dropdown? but just in case, you know where you said you ran firmware update and then waited 30 secs!? if you wait those 30 sec, it uninstalls ML!! WHEN IT SAYS UPDATE COMPLETE AND YOU SEE COUNTDOWN, REBOOT AND SEE IF THAT WORKS!!

Apon

@ erox76

I am sure I have downloaded 6D.113

I did what you say. After hit the trash button now i am seeing the magic lantern menu. But it disappears after few secs.

When I start recording so far i heard that the menu bar will be on the screen. But it is not there.

I tried to find out where is the "M" module is but didnt found.

Anyway my bad luck. I am trying to install and work with ML last 3 days. Tomorrow will be my shooting for 4 days.

Will try again some other days. Thanks for the help.

switchstudios

Anybody know where I can download Canon firmware 1.1.3?

I have a new 6D that came with 1.1.4 installed, and every link I find for 1.1.3 is broken...   

Thanks!

Matt

leandroprz

Quote from: switchstudios on June 26, 2014, 07:31:30 PM
Anybody know where I can download Canon firmware 1.1.3?

Page 1 of this thread.

switchstudios

substr

Quote from: erox76
Just keep hitting that until you find a build that did not fail... which will be Date: 2014-05-21 18:37:47 -0400  which i have been running without issue!

Quote from: Apon
There is no such build that you have mentioned. Only build I have found close to your date for 6D.113 is
Date: 2014-05-21 04:37:47 +0600.

Am I missing something important. Please help.

Just to note that the build date/time are based on your current timezone and is the reason both @erox76 (timezone of -0400) and @Apon (timezone of +0600) don't see the same thing and causes this kind of confusion.

erox76

oooh, figures..lol thanks for clarifying

agrbalan

Hi, I have a Canon 6d with Nightly Build ML.  It seems that motion detection using difference of frames is not working (exposure difference does work).  Can anyone help.  I would like very much to contribute with ML myself.  I have good programming skills.   If some developer could just tell me (or point me to) how to compile, I would be glad to help to fiz some bugs.   Cheers

a1ex

This one is hard to fix: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11447.msg118670#msg118670

Once I'll fix it on 5D3.123, it will likely fix it everywhere.

To get started, follow the sticky topics from the development area, and the easiest thing to do right now is to run the tests I've asked earlier in this thread, in order to resume the nightly builds.

erox76

Quote from: a1ex on June 22, 2014, 06:10:13 PM
Source code compiles cleanly now if you disable FEATURE_FPS_OVERRIDE (which is broken, to my knowledge - https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1975/6d-fps-override-creating-mangled-colors ). You will also need to comment out FRAME_SHUTTER_BLANKING_WRITE in consts.h.

Before resuming the nightly builds, I would like somebody to compile the code, run the stubs test (Debug menu), and post a screenshot of the Free Memory dialog. And, of course, some general checking to make sure the port is not totally broken.

If nobody volunteers to fix FPS override in the next two weeks, I'll resume the nightly builds without this feature.
Like I said before I know almost nothing about programming!! If you or someone can set up the files in whatever way (commenting out?) and allow me to download them, also provided someone can remind me the command process to compile it I will run whatever tests you need on my 6D! or If someone can compile it for me, even better!!!!!

a1ex

There is a reason why I'm asking for people to compile this test themselves. The test results are not the only thing I'm looking for - I'm also looking for potential contributors, to keep the project alive.

erox76

Compiling "ML" for the Compile challenged!!???  Or an Idiots tutorial...lol

gaudenzio

Hello, this is my first message. First of all, sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.
I'm a happy owner of a 6D. Before this camera, I've owned a 60D where I've been using ML a lot, mostly for shooting with manual lenses, with no problems at all.
I'm sorry to see that the 6D port has almost no active contributors. I'd love to help but my programming skills are limited to web design: php, javascript...

As I can see, some users are getting issues trying to install ML and I'm a little bit scared about it. Maybe anyone can recommend a specific nightly build that succeeded to install flawlessy?

Or maybe should I directly switch to TL in order to get something more stable? I use it basically to have the focus peak for video and for shooting with manual lenses.

Thanks and best regards.

gaudenzio

Ok, searching on the internet, I found people who succesfully installed the latest working build (22th of may) with no problems.

So I installed it.  :)

nikfreak

Quote from: a1ex on June 27, 2014, 08:08:04 AM
There is a reason why I'm asking for people to compile this test themselves. The test results are not the only thing I'm looking for - I'm also looking for potential contributors, to keep the project alive.

Got my 6d delivered but had to send it back immediately cause battery and battery door cover were missing. 6D had been sold as almost new to me but looked like crap when it arrived. hopes were high. price was to good to believe. Got my money back now and looking for another used one as I cannot spend money for a new one. Have to spend what i got from selling my Nikon D7000 equipment.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

erox76

Quote from: nikfreak on June 27, 2014, 10:18:03 PM
Got my 6d delivered but had to send it back immediately cause battery and battery door cover were missing. 6D had been sold as almost new to me but looked like crap when it arrived. hopes were high. price was to good to believe. Got my money back now and looking for another used one as I cannot spend money for a new one. Have to spend what i got from selling my Nikon D7000 equipment.
unless you have your heart set on that specific one B&H has a few nice 7D's and 5D2's at a great bargain..If i can sell my 60D or my NX2000 i might grab one!

Levas

Interesting new developments...

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12523.new#new

Full-res silent pics and a way to free more memory!

FreddyDaKing

Quote from: coutts on December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM
Current state: blindly maintained (the developers who maintain it don't have a 6D, and those who do are refusing to maintain it or are too busy with real life). Anybody with coding skills and lots of free time (and of course a 6d) is welcome to maintain this port.

Nightly builds: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.1.3.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

Just followed your ML installation instructions for Canon 6D. It works like a charm and ML is really AWESOME. Thanks for this great work!

Lukechuck

Just Installed the last "well done"Build (Nightly.2014May22.6D113) and that's running fine.
Sometimes the menu is suddenly closing, but I just need to open it again.
Greetings o/

losga77

hi!
there is the "bulb ramping" feature on this new release?

Lorenzo

Walter Schulz

lanoris

hi, i have installed magiclantern-Nightly.2014May22.6D113 is all ok, but i don't find audio menu(the icon with microphone).

Can you help me?

peter221

No audio menu available as far as I know.

Levas

There should be an audio menu in that build.
I'm using the nightly build from 15-03-2014 for the 6d and it has an audio menu. (audio recording with raw mlv recording works perfect)
You probably need to load the mlv_snd module. on the module tab.

lanoris

thank you for reply,
Where can I find the module mlv?