Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

Uhm, can you show a video of such delay? I bet patching that it's something that I would not normally allow in core ML due to use of cache hacks. But maybe we can work out something
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Marsu42

Quote from: nanomad on March 31, 2014, 06:33:05 PM
Uhm, can you show a video of such delay?

Nope, I'm running 1.1.3 and my only 3rd party battery is chipped and works fine. I've only heard of the new error message and delay on CR and decided it's not worth finding out for myself. The same thing is present on latest 5d3 though.

nanomad

If you come across a CR user with that issue please ask him for a video
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

jss_lua

Quote from: Marsu42 on March 31, 2014, 06:37:22 PM

I got a question about ML, the files in card should never be removed? Do i need to have the same files on my other memory card in order for it to run ML.

I dont see RAW Recording anywhere. How do I keep up with the latest nightly builds?

thanks

jss_lua

I got a question about ML, the files in card should never be removed? Do i need to have the same files on my other memory card in order for it to run ML.

I dont see RAW Recording anywhere. How do I keep up with the latest nightly builds?

thanks

leandroprz

Nope, I'm running 1.1.3 and my only 3rd party battery is chipped and works fine. I've only heard of the new error message and delay on CR and decided it's not worth finding out for myself. The same thing is present on latest 5d3 though.

What delay exactly?

I'm on 1.1.3 and two of my batteries show this error message when turning the camera on, not sure if its the same as 1.1.4

schedonnardus

for the record, I am using "Digipower " brand batteries, and they work fine, no errors.

Maqs

Quote from: leandroprz on April 02, 2014, 04:16:00 AM
I'm on 1.1.3 and two of my batteries show this error message when turning the camera on, not sure if its the same as 1.1.4
Same here for 1.1.3 and a cheap AC adapter, but it only appears the first time I turn the camera on after connecting the adapter. I suppose the warning could be easy to suppress, however I don't think suppressing warnings is the best idea, as Canon may have not only financial reasons for showing them.  ;)

Kapuhy

Quote from: a1ex on March 28, 2014, 03:00:34 PM
GPS powersave workaround (turn off at shutdown, restore at next reboot) is in the nightly builds, test it out!
Thanks for that, works like a charm.

DBStudios

Hey guys, so newly registered on this site but I own a 6d and am extremely interested in trying out ML on this camera and have been for quite some time now!  I am also available for helping getting this working and stable any way I can.  I'm not exactly a developer by any means but am a quick learner if there is any assistance I can be in maintaining this and helping with builds.

So I guess my first question is, is this build stable enough for an install?  At least for  a testing install if not for production use.  I know there's never a guarantee of not bricking a camera, but just trying to get a feel since as I said, I'm very new to this site.

jss_lua

thanks

pio_hyun

Quote from: jss_lua on April 03, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

thanks

please enable raw_rec (or mlv_rec) module to use RAW recording..

javierfajnolla

Hi and thanks for the release! (looks pretty stable to me :)

I installed "Nightly.2014Apr04.6D113". I found there "help files" are not found and the user guide cannot be read in camera. I understand this is because is not a stable release and the manual is not specifically written for 6D, but I guess I could use it sometimes. (I had ML in my old 500D, but looks much clean in 6D!)
So, what I should do is just to copy files in "doc" folder from the stable release download (not for 6D) into the SD card I already installed ML for my 6D? Probably I will just do it and risk myself before I get any answer...

Anyway, thanks again!

Marsu42

Quote from: javierfajnolla on April 05, 2014, 01:29:17 AM
Probably I will just do it and risk myself before I get any answer...

(deleted wrong answer)

a1ex

Yes, you can copy the doc folder from the stable release, and you'll get help for the features that were also present back then.

This is something we need to do for all cameras (bring the help system back). Maybe discard the BMP format and switch to plain text or some sort of rich text.

Marsu42

Quote from: a1ex on April 05, 2014, 08:08:22 AM
Yes, you can copy the doc folder from the stable release, and you'll get help for the features that were also present back then.

Thanks for the correction, the reason for me doubting this is that when I tried it little showed up, seems a lot has changed since then :-o

a1ex

Well, some things were also renamed (especially after introducing the proportional fonts), and help pages are looked up by name.

oobov

Hi all. First message here :)

I had ML on my 550D for some times, and i was extremly happy with it.
Then i moved to a 6D one year ago, totally frustrated of not using ML anymore.

I was patient to wait for an official stable version of ML including 6D, but as you know, for few months, the alpha/nighty ML version allow us to record RAWs, and because of that, i'm not that patient anymore :)

The problem is, it is hard for new (alpha) peoples to find what is the actual installing process of the actual version of ML for the 6D. Probably because with time it changed a lot.

I've seen a video of a guy starting from Firmware 1.1.3 installing 1.1.2 then ML for 1.1.2 then installing back 1.1.3 then making a bootable SD and putting alpha ML for 1.1.3 on it then done.

But actually all i can find is a "nighty" version, but no "alpha" version. And if i watch in the archive, it looks like i don't need to do the 1.1.2 steps.

I'm actually under  1.1.3 firmware and i would like to know if i'm correct in my steps for the actual version :
0- No need to go back to 1.1.2
1- Make my SD card bootable
2- Put Nighty version for 6D on it (because there is no actual "alpha" version avalaible for 6D)
3 - Update the 6D with the ML on the card
4 - Win an Oscar with my RAW movie

Thank you for your time.

Walter Schulz

No need for step 1: Latest nightly has an installer running during "firmware update"

oobov

Thank you for your answer Walter.
So it looks like all i have to do is to put nighty on my SD and done !
Good news !  ;D

jss_lua

Quote from: pio_hyun on April 04, 2014, 10:57:46 AM
please enable raw_rec (or mlv_rec) module to use RAW recording..

thanks alot

rodolfopaez

Can I install ML in a Canon 6D with firmware 1.1.4??
Can't find the 1.1.3 firmware in any place, do I have to go back to that firmware before installing, or not necessary..???

Thanks
RPS

pio_hyun

You can't use ML on 114, please re install 113 and follow the tutorial on this topic:http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3904.0

Semiconductor

TWO MAJOR WEIRD THINGS:

Tragic Lantern latest Nightly - 1 year old 6D, 22K shots

I recently noticed that my 6D does HEAVY noise even on ISO 6400! Weeks before, shots even up to 10K ISO were absolutely fine but now I get HORRIBLE images. I am using Dual ISO and same as always settings like 100/800!

Great example
This picture is resized to 1000px/600px
On original resolution it looks far more worse!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlmwu1buc29cyoj/IMG_1388.jpg

The picture was taken on ISO 6400!!!!!

And I never reached that bad pictures before. It happened last week the first time...

I get a bad feeling that my 6D is getting corrupted! Weird thing is that I am not alone with this problem. Some other guy posted a single thread about this problem with his 6D!
I can not ignore the fact that maybe Tragic Lantern is able to speed up the obsolescence EXTREMLY of the sensor?

Second problem:

I recently bought a SanDisk Extreme 60 MB/S and still I get really bad recording times with RAW.
I made a list even, is this good enough?

Memory Recordingtime in seconds 24 Frames per Second MLV-REC:
Resolution // Without Memory Hack Recording Time in Seconds // With Memory Hack Recording Time in Seconds
1344 // 56+ // 56++
1472 // 20 // 22
1504 // 11 // 19
1536 // 9 // 16
1600 // 7 // 12
1728 // 4 // 7
1792 // 3 // 6

To be honest, with my far more worse SanDisk Ultra, I got particular same recording speed. Continious was 1153 and now with my far better card, ML still says I can only do continous on 1153! Is this really the limit? How can other people record LONGER on higher resolutions? SanDisk Extreme should be actually enough or didn't I push it's limit with the SD-card? Weird...

thunder storm

Hi,
I have 600D, and happily use ML with it for long time.
Just bought a 6D, with firmware 1.1.4.
I have a very basic knowledge with programming but I'll be happy to give any kind of help. (firmware dumps, testings, etc...)

After reading about the bootflag issue of the 5D MK III, I wanted to ask - Is this issue relevant on the 6D as well? I don't want to do any non-reversible action on my new 6D!
Can I safely uninstall it completely, including restoring the bootflag to default?

I understand that in order to install ML I must downgrade my firmware first to 1.1.3. As far as I red, no major changes happened in 1.1.4, and I downloaded from this thread the 1.1.3 firmware, and still skeptical if you do it. I never did a DOWNGRADE firmware direction. It's tested and being found OK, right? :)

Thanks!
The guy who is afraid for his new 1800$ camera :-P