Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmoorenz

Just installed latest build and lost control over audio gain, is there anyway to get this back? And also my menu is disappearing after 2secs of inactivity, can I make that period longer? Thanks in advance

zuzullo

I dont find the DUAL ISO option.
Do I need to install addicional modules?

My version is: magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Nov02.6D113

schedonnardus

Quote from: zuzullo on March 27, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Hey, I'm new to magic lantern, but i noticed that magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar26.6D113 (which is the first version i've ever run, so I'm REALLY new  8) ) has dual iso in the module menu.  I hope that helps.

pio_hyun

Quote from: zuzullo on March 27, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Download newest version from the first post. Or if you want to use Tragic Lantern (With Audio/ Bitrate Menu) follow this link: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads

a1ex

GPS powersave workaround (turn off at shutdown, restore at next reboot) is in the nightly builds, test it out!

Pull request (merged): https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/449/6d-gps-off-at-shutdown

Credits (chronologically):
* 1%: reverse engineering and initial implementation
* nanomad: initial cleanup
* me: simplified the menu and made the code a little more robust
* Marsu42 and Maqs: confirmed my changes working

For cameras without GPS, this code can be tested by faking PROP_GPS to PROP_WB_MODE_PH (white balance) with CONFIG_GPS_FAKE:
* 0 = auto WB = GPS off
* 1 = sunny = GPS external
* 2 = cloudy = GPS internal

P.S. Maqs is doing some really cool stuff by reverse engineering the GPS functionality.

johnmac1952

Thanks for the latest update for the 6D. Thank you for the ability for the GPS to be off when the camera itself is shut off. I really can't understand why Canon didn't implement this from the start.

:)

DerekDock

Thanks for the 6D update A1ex and the rest of the team. It's been about 5 months since I've updated the build or shot a bunch of RAW so good to see there was some collaboration and tough decisions to get the code on track. Look forward to this fresh install and will let you know if any issues occur. Planning on rocking the 6D for some gimbal footage soon and having RAW is always a plus.
www.vimeo.com/leftcoastdigital
www.twitter.com/derekdock

schedonnardus

this awesome, thanks for all you guys do!

slamming

Hi A1ex, are you aware of the issues  some 6D owners are reporting in using the Auto-ETTR module in conjunction with the intervalometer?

ptygmit

Many thanks for this. Love the new GPS power save.

I've no idea how these things work, but would like to offer a small suggestion to further improve the GPS power save functionality. Is it possible to set the power save to only come into effect when the camera is powered off using the main switch, rather than the camera's auto power off feature? That way it would maintain a gps lock until the camera is physically shut down, at the end of a walk for example.

Hoe that makes sense...

Kapuhy

Latest TL build dated 2014-03-19 seems to have a bug, that it shuts off the GPS when camera goes power save and does not restore it when it wakes up. When I loaded the older one (Feb 8th) it works fine. 

Audionut

Quote from: Kapuhy on March 29, 2014, 07:30:47 PM
Latest TL build dated 2014-03-19 seems to have a bug, that it shuts off the GPS when camera goes power save and does not restore it when it wakes up. When I loaded the older one (Feb 8th) it works fine.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11080.0

Kapuhy

Also, with the latest ML for 6D and because there are no audio controls there (yet?), is there a way to turn off AGC?

zuzullo

Quote from: pio_hyun on March 28, 2014, 10:55:10 AM
Download newest version from the first post. Or if you want to use Tragic Lantern (With Audio/ Bitrate Menu) follow this link: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads

The first post points to a "Nightly Build": magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar29.6D113.
The one I have its normal Magic Lantern: magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Nov02.6D113

Is there a new version of the "normal" ML?

Marsu42

Quote from: zuzullo on March 29, 2014, 08:56:49 PM
Is there a new version of the "normal" ML?

Nope, no new "stable" in sight, just use the nightly and welcome to the bleeding edge :-p

a1ex

Quote from: Kapuhy on March 29, 2014, 08:10:43 PM
Also, with the latest ML for 6D...
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Quote from: Kapuhy on March 29, 2014, 08:10:43 PM
and because there are no audio controls there (yet?), is there a way to turn off AGC?
Yes, from Canon menu.

leonargef

I'have instaled firmware v114.  I can install this version?  Thank you

Marsu42

Quote from: leonargef on March 30, 2014, 07:12:16 PM
I'have instaled firmware v114.  I can install this version?  Thank you

Nope, not supported yet, simply downgrade to 1.1.3 as the (nearly) only thing 1.1.4 does is screw 3rd party batteries.

sultansha

Hello everybody,
this evening I have been reading ML tutorials, this forum and still have question.
Have I understood right that last archive on
https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads
is stable ML for 6D?
I had downloaded magiclantern-v31337.TRAGIC.2014Mar19.6D113.zip
but I am confused with this archive because of different folder structure and .fir file absence in comparison with ML Stable Release: v2.3
For installation should I just unzip magiclantern-v31337.TRAGIC.2014Mar19.6D113.zip and upload all files to SD card?

Best Regards, Sultansha.

a1ex

Nope, you did not download Magic Lantern, but a competing fork.

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

Walter Schulz

There is no stable ML release for 6D. You may use ML's nightly build or - as a1ex already told - Tragic Lantern, which isn't regarded as part of ML anymore.

Ciao
Walter

leandroprz

Quote from: Marsu42 on March 30, 2014, 09:53:19 PM
Nope, not supported yet, simply downgrade to 1.1.3 as the (nearly) only thing 1.1.4 does is screw 3rd party batteries.
I'm sure someone already asked this but I couldn't find a proper answer. Would it be possible to bypass that with Magic Lantern so third party batteries show up as an original?

Marsu42

Quote from: leandroprz on March 31, 2014, 04:52:10 PM
I'm sure someone already asked this but I couldn't find a proper answer. Would it be possible to bypass that with Magic Lantern so third party batteries show up as an original?

In theory I understand ML can hack any Canon function, but only after proper reverse engineering (which hasn't been done on that). But even then I wouldn't want ML to actively circumvent or counteract Canon's marketing decisions - however I might like them - because that could lead to the end of the ML-Canon truce.

nanomad

I'm 90% sure that the battery check is out of reach for ML as it runs on an entirely different microcontroller
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Marsu42

Quote from: nanomad on March 31, 2014, 06:15:47 PM
I'm 90% sure that the battery check is out of reach for ML as it runs on an entirely different microcontroller

Maybe the check itself, but probably not the code that complains about a 3rd party battery and adds a annoyance delay ... but anyway, imho not a good idea to even try it.