Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

This doesn't match my findings from 5D3. The number of pixels should be multiple of 16 because most codecs expect that, and the number of bytes should be multiple of 8 because EDMAC expects that.

So, 2656 % 16=0 and  4648 % 8 = 0.

If EDMAC would require multiples of 16 bytes, the following horizontal resolution would crash:  864, 1504.

On 5D3, they do not crash. What about 6D?

nandoide

There are also no more crashes on 6D with %32.

The problem was the check at edmac_copy_rectangle_cbr_start that you suggested in the patch and I modified a bit (changing src_width by dst_width)
if ( dst_width % 16 ) return 0;   at some resolutions, the check verifies and returns.

for instance 2656 because dst_width is 4648 and 4648%16 != 0.

We have to remove this check or choose  this one if ( ( dst_width*8 ) /14 % 16) return 0

Whatever we do, it works.

a1ex

In edmac_copy, my latest patch uses if (dst_width % 8 ) return 0.

If this is correct, I'll commit it for further review.

nandoide

I think it's OK.

For instance 1808 and 2672, the resolutions that crashed the 6D (prior changing  %16 to %32 on raw_rec) verify the condition:  dst_width%8 != 0, so the crash is gone and the safety check is fault tolerant enough.

Thanks a lot.

bergamar

Hi guys,
thanks for your magic, I've been trying ML on my 6D in these days and was wondering if headphone monitoring with RCA - 3.5mm jack adapter actually works on 6D since I'm trying to use it but I can't hear no sound coming from my headphones and moreover several audio features in ML menu seem to be missing on the 6D.
Maybe a headphone amplifier would fix the problem?
Has anybody checked this feature with the latest build?

Thanks for your help

1%

its not ported to main yet. It works but has static coded regs and some commands have to be sent twice.

a1ex

Any volunteer to try the latest installer for 6D? (the same one that I wrote these days for 5D3.123).

This time you will be the first one who runs it, so if you don't mind being the guinea pig, just send me a PM.

So far, the code was confirmed to work on 5D3, 7D and 700D.

1%

I'll re-run it and see if it boots if you want. 113 is long overdue.

1%

Boots solid red light... also has to be named like:

6D00011X.FIR or some variation or the camera won't read it. Do you have the unsigned bin, I can see if it boots.

a1ex

You can compile it from installer/6D.113 and try the autoexec.

a1ex

1%

It does load/run with the 8char name too. interestingly I don't get a choice box if both firs are in root.

a1ex

Alright, updated nightly builds and added install instructions to first post.

Pelican

Quote from: 1% on March 19, 2014, 09:14:52 PM
It does load/run with the 8char name too. interestingly I don't get a choice box if both firs are in root.
I guess the choice box made by the updater itself not by the camera's firmware. The camera always starts the first .fir file and if it not has a check routine for other .fir files then just runs.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

a1ex

On 5D3, I'm not sure what I did, but I placed ML FIR + Canon FIR, got the choice box, selected ML FIR but it ran Canon FIR instead (and re-flashed 1.2.3).

Maybe placebo, but it seemed to flash pretty fast (I remember it was really slow back then).

1%

I've also gotten the box on EOSM. It seemed to run what I chose though.

red_trela

New to this forums, to ML and to the 6D (but not to Canon EOS), so please bear with me. Thanks.

My newly bought 6D already came with FW 1.1.4, which I read is pretty new and ML seems to be getting built for 1.1.3 only. So, is that build expected to work with 1.1.4 as well? The changes seem minor. Will there be 1.1.4 builds soon-ish?

Walter Schulz

ML is dedicated to a firmware version of a cam. Won't work, though!
And asking for release dates makes no sense. Read FAQ.

Audionut

Quote from: a1ex on March 19, 2014, 11:56:42 PM
Maybe placebo, but it seemed to flash pretty fast (I remember it was really slow back then).

My first flash to 1.2.3, was extremely slow.

red_trela

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 20, 2014, 09:31:29 AM
ML is dedicated to a firmware version of a cam. Won't work, though!
And asking for release dates makes no sense. Read FAQ.

Read it now, thanks. Hiding it under Support is not the best way for it to be found by new users ;)

rktaylor

Now that there is a new 6D installer binary for 1.1.3 file is there any advantage to reinstall ML?

It works perfectly and I've been running it from Tragic Lantern and change back to ML when it reappeared on the nightly downloads.

Thanks and great work!!!
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

Marsu42

Quote from: rktaylor on March 21, 2014, 05:07:10 AM
Now that there is a new 6D installer binary for 1.1.3 file is there any advantage to reinstall ML?

nope