Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

Here you go for the missing stubs for 6D_113. Someone please commit 'em:

/** File I/O **/
NSTUB(0xFF3CE674,  FIO_SeekSkipFile)

/** GUI timers **/
NSTUB(0xFFABDF40 - RAM_OFFSET,  SetTimerAfter)
NSTUB(0xFFCCB328 - RAM_OFFSET,  SetHPTimerAfterNow)          // 1st sub called before [DL Error] startNormalSpeedADC. For EOS_6D_113 this is sub_007E44. Add RAM_OFSET to it and you get FFCCB328
NSTUB(0xFFCCB418 - RAM_OFFSET,  SetHPTimerNextTick)          // 1st sub called before [DL Error] normalSpeedADCCBR. For EOS_6D_113 this is sub_007F34. Add RAM_OFSET to it and you get FFCCB418
NSTUB(0xFFCD1A90 - RAM_OFFSET,  CancelTimer)                // called from CancelUnaviFeedBackTimer and many others like DP_CancelTimer_AbortEndEvent and pick 2nd sub. For EOS_6D_113 this is sub_00E5Ac. Add RAM_OFSET to it and you get FFCD1A90

/** GUI **/
NSTUB(0xFF1A9E80,  gui_massive_event_loop)             //warning unsure if this is ok. looks different compared to 5d3 but shall be ok. EOS 6D_113
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

a1ex

0xFF3CE674 and 0xFFABDF40 do not look like the beginning of a function.

0xFFCCB328 seems to be more like SetTimerAfter (not 100% sure, but the stubs test from Debug menu will tell).

CancelTimer is OK.

You may also want to look here: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/519/fix-6d-nightly-boot-up-cannot-use-mempatch
(in particular, if you define ML_RESERVED_MEM as 640*1024, does it work?)

nikfreak

Hmm sorry neither have QEMU up & running nor do I hold an 6D in my hands. Build environment is broken atm. Just ordered a 6D and tried to find some stubs via learning by doing while waiting for it to arrive. You were right I flipflopped some values but I think it should now be ok for FIO_SeekSkipFile and SetTimerAfter and the rest. Can you or anyone confirm?

/** File I/O **/
NSTUB(0xFF3327F0,  FIO_SeekSkipFile)

/** GUI timers **/
NSTUB(0xFFCD1890 - RAM_OFFSET,  SetTimerAfter)
NSTUB(0xFFCCB328 - RAM_OFFSET,  SetHPTimerAfterNow)         
NSTUB(0xFFCCB418 - RAM_OFFSET,  SetHPTimerNextTick)         
NSTUB(0xFFCD1A90 - RAM_OFFSET,  CancelTimer)               

/** Task info **/
NSTUB(0xFFCCCDF0, GetTaskName)

NSTUB(0xFF1A9E80,  gui_massive_event_loop)             //not used on 6D

a1ex

Looks OK at first sight; if it passes the stub test, they are correct.

gui_massive_event_loop is not used on 6D, but it's the right one.

nikfreak

dunno if that's used on 6D but noticed getTaskname in latest commits on 600D and have ssen it in 5d 123. If used on 6D then it should be:

NSTUB(0xFFCCCDF0, GetTaskName)

a1ex

It will be used in all cameras in the near future, thanks.

erox76

Wait does this mean the missing "Stubs" for the 6D are now found? Will it be added back into the nightly builds again? Love you guys!

Levas

NIKfreak, nice nickname for someone ordering a Canon cam  :D

VideoDude65

How do I install 6D firmware version 1.1.4 when I Magic Lantern installed?

a1ex

Source code compiles cleanly now if you disable FEATURE_FPS_OVERRIDE (which is broken, to my knowledge - https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1975/6d-fps-override-creating-mangled-colors ). You will also need to comment out FRAME_SHUTTER_BLANKING_WRITE in consts.h.

Before resuming the nightly builds, I would like somebody to compile the code, run the stubs test (Debug menu), and post a screenshot of the Free Memory dialog. And, of course, some general checking to make sure the port is not totally broken.

If nobody volunteers to fix FPS override in the next two weeks, I'll resume the nightly builds without this feature.

erox76

I know nothing about compiling but I have a 6D and am willing to do the tests if someone can provide the compiled version!

erox76

:D I can also test future builds and whatnot if needed for 6D...if there are any Devs in MD hit me up!

VideoDude65

I have install build 2014-05-21 17:37:47 0500 as per your instructions. Under the ML Movie menu I do not a Raw item.

erox76

Quote from: VideoDude65 on June 22, 2014, 11:00:15 PM
I have install build 2014-05-21 17:37:47 0500 as per your instructions. Under the ML Movie menu I do not a Raw item.
are you hitting the trash can to access this menu or the menu button? also did you enable the module first then reboot as well?

VideoDude65

I'm pressing the Trash Can button to open the ML menu. I selected the ML Movie menu. Then I selected Movie Tweaks. The RAW feature does not appear. Yes, I installed the module and rebooted the camera.

Apon

Quote from: michi on February 17, 2014, 02:39:28 PM
Hi guys, thanks for bringing 6D back to ML!  :D

As I moved from a 650D with ML to a 6D without ML I'm missing lots of features...

Gonna start TODAY installing ML on the 6D and try to write an installation guide.

If you need any files for development or bugfixing just ask  ;)

I have a 6D and a mac book pro. I would like install ML in my 6D, using! mac OS.kindly help me to find out the installation process. I found one youtube video help but that is not using Mac. Pls pls help. Thanks a lot

Audionut

Quote from: VideoDude65 on June 23, 2014, 04:36:35 PM
I'm pressing the Trash Can button to open the ML menu. I selected the ML Movie menu. Then I selected Movie Tweaks. The RAW feature does not appear. Yes, I installed the module and rebooted the camera.

Try enabling the module in the module tab, first!

Quote from: Apon on June 23, 2014, 06:21:59 PM
I have a 6D and a mac book pro. I would like install ML in my 6D, using! mac OS.kindly help me to find out the installation process. I found one youtube video help but that is not using Mac. Pls pls help. Thanks a lot

Try following the instructions in the original post in this thread.

Levas

You camera must be in movie mode(switch on your camera), in photo mode the raw menu isn't available.

Audionut

Quote from: Levas on June 23, 2014, 06:25:44 PM
You camera must be in movie mode(switch on your camera), in photo mode the raw menu isn't available.

Are you sure?  Is this specific to the 6D?  On my 5D3, when correctly loaded, the raw video option is shown in the menu, with help text that states it only works in movie mode.

erox76

Quote from: Audionut on June 23, 2014, 06:32:13 PM
Are you sure?  Is this specific to the 6D?  On my 5D3, when correctly loaded, the raw video option is shown in the menu, with help text that states it only works in movie mode.
ok i am on my 6D now, magiclantern-Nightly.2014May22.6D113..in photo mode, on the movie tab...and I have 2 options for raw...are your Raw modules turned on, mlv_rec and raw_rec? and yes they should show in the ML menu regardless of mode!

They show in the main list not in movie tweaks! Should be the 2 just above tweaks.

When you installed the nightly, did you copy and overwrite the files or did you delete all the ML files then copy over nightly files? What is on your SD card?
Also what tutorial did you use to do the first, initial ML install?

VideoDude65

I installed ML using the most recent successful nightly build for the 6D. Since that build does not seem to be working correctly which build do you recommend I use?

erox76

Quote from: AeroGirl on March 03, 2014, 09:27:38 AM
I posted the following over on the 6D - Install guide and Raw Shooting thread, just thought I would post it here to, with the added question, will the special updater file to dump the firmware, dump a copy of v1.1.4 of the firmware that I have on my new camera so that I can re-install that version if I start playing with ML on v1.1.3?

Also, although my time is rather limited at the moment, I would be happy to help out with development of ML for the 6D.

Anyway, here was my post on the other thread just for background (rather than re-typing).

Over the week end I got my new Canon 6D, lovely camera, and a nice upgrade from my 60D with it's Full Frame sensor.

Now I love Magic Lantern on my 60D, I use it mainly for the Intervalometer, and advanced bulb timer etc for time lapse photography.

I was hoping to put ML onto my 6D, and looking at the instructions you need to downgrade the firmware to v1.1.2 first, which I have no problem with, except that my Camera has come with v1.1.4 of the 6D firmware.  From my searching it appears that v1.1.4 has yet to be released by Canon, I have been unable to located that version of the firmware anywhere to download, so I am a little reluctant to downgrade to v1.1.2, since I will then not be able to go back to v1.1.4 until it is released officially.

So does anyone know how to backup the existing firmware, and also if ML will work with version 1.1.4?

I was reading somewhere about the 1.1.4 firmware upgrade and there didn't seem to be any real changes other than removal of third party battery support! So you can only use official canon batteries! So i don't think anyone here is bothering with it yet!
oops actually i may be wrong there, possibly only a rumor!
Oh and in case you missed it this is the thread to get ML on your 6D "first 2 posts of this thread"

Audionut

Why not simply follow these installation instructions?

Quote from: coutts on December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM
Nightly builds: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware 1.1.3.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

-- a1ex

erox76

Apparently i'm not paying attention sorry for the confusion

Apon

Dear All:

Pardon me if it is not the right forum to discuss. But I need desperately your help.

i). Wish : To install ML in my Canon 6D.
ii). My set up : Canon 6D and MacPro OS 10.9.2
iii). I have followed the steps :

Download .RAR file: bit.ly/1auplFt
1. Download and extract .rar file.
2. Check if 6D is running 1.1.2 firmware.
3. Put "Canon 1.1.2 Firmware" .fir file on SD card and install it on 6D. Format SD card on computer.
4. Put "Files to run Magic Lantern on 6D Firmware 1.1.2" three files on SD card root directory.
5. Install ML 1.1.2 on 6D (in "M" dial mode). Turn off and pull batteries out and format SD card on computer (VERY IMPORTANT).
6. Put "Canon 1.1.3 Firmware" .fir file on SD card and install it on 6D. Turn off 6D, take out 7. SD card and put it into computer.
7.  Run "EOScard.exe" program on PC. Check off "EOS_DEVELOP" and "BOOTDISK". Press save.
8. On computer erase all files on SD card.
9. Put "Files to run Magic Lantern of 6D Firmware 1.1.3" three files on SD card root directory.
10. Put SD card back into 6D and turn it on. Magic Lantern is now installed!

I have done till number 6 but cant do the number 7 point in my Mac. I cant open any .exe file. I have taken my card from Mac to Windows PC and try to do the instruction. But it is not working.

Now I am stuck with my camera and scared to do anything without help from you.

Kindly help me how can I install ML in my 6D using Mac.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards.