Interface

Started by garry23, December 14, 2012, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

A simple idea, that I recognize may not be possible. But here goes. Would it be possible to add an iPod, iPhone or android to ML as an external input/output interface for ML.

That is you can use your iPhone, say, as the way to change ML settings, ie more readable than the LCD screen.

Cheers

Garry

nanomad

It's technically possible as long as the device has USB host capability and PTP support. I don't know about the iDevices though
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

garry23

Just to be clear my suggestion is only to use the external device as a means to change ML settings, ie increase readability of the ML menus in the field.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer.

Cheers

Garry

dude

It s pretty much the same with dslr controller (already existing app), it s not possible on ios, because apple locked the usb-in(out?).
That s one thing i d really like to have- controlling the MKIII via wifi and iphone...

Alia5

For iOS maybe with Jailbreak? Had a Jailbroken iPhone (1), Don't know how the situation is now...