Which ML files can I erase from my SD / compact flash card?

Started by fascina, December 14, 2012, 12:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fascina

I would like to have a memory card which is as "clean" as possible and therefore I would like to erase all unnecessary ML files.

So I would like to ask which ML files - after successful ML installation - can I erase from my SD / compact flash card without worries?

For example, in the main directory of my card there are still 6 different ***.fir files for the different camera models. Can I delete all this files?

I'm shure there is the answer to my question somewhere in the forum, I tried to search for it, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help!

nanomad

You can delete the PDF files and the fir (but I suggest you keep the one suitable for your camera so you can install ML on a new card if needed)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

fascina

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

Also I have to thank a lot to the developers for putting so much time into developing this amazing Magic Lantern. I'm using my 5D Mark II since four years for video work and I've just yesterday installed Magic Lantern for the first time. It's so amazing, I should have installed it long before!