60d ML v2.3 - WHITE BALANCE setting is not coming back to AUTO

Started by mr.vijayaraghavan, December 13, 2012, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.vijayaraghavan

I am sorry if I am posting this again (didn't know whether my last post went through or not since I got an error message!)

Loaded v2.3 to my 60d and was meddling with the settings to acquaint myself with the Menu.  In between I switched off and on several times.  Later when I changed the White Balance settings to 5500 from Auto, I could not get back to Auto; after 15000, it comes to 1500 - it does not go to AUTO at all!

Please help me how to get AUTO in White Balance.

scrax

I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

Francis

Malcolm Debono

What Francis said. Just press the Q button to get the quick options on screen and change WB to auto from there.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: Francis on December 13, 2012, 03:55:20 PM
Use the regular Canon menu. Press the WB button.

Thanks Francis.  Changed it to AWB in Canon Menu and it worked.  What a dumb-head I am!

kimfyson

When using my 550D in movie mode I also can't set White Balance to Auto in ML, what am I doing wrong?

Francis

Press the Q button in Movie mode and then use the scroll wheel on the top option to set to AWB.

kimfyson

Tried that but there is no AUTO option when scrolling through thouse values???

mr.vijayaraghavan

Quote from: kimfyson on December 15, 2012, 03:11:00 PM
Tried that but there is no AUTO option when scrolling through thouse values???

Come out of ML menu.  Press `Q' and you will go to Canon's quick menu.  Third row centre icon is AWB (or any other white balance you have already set).  Press that and set it to AWB.  Go back to ML menu and see; the white balance will have changed to AUTO.

kimfyson

Yes that works. Thanks. But only if I also switch from Movie mode (which I was in) first ... Anyway it works now. Thanks agan.